Ya'll are being too unfair to USC about

SouthLink02

top6sched.jpg

172764[/snapback]

Well, that cinches it...just give em the trophy!!! :angry:

:au::homer:

You won't get this coverage anywhere else, especially ESPN and Fox Sports, two of the major sporting networks in the country. Don't expect these guys to do a comparison/contrast of the respective conference schedules.

Every game USC wins is further proof of their greatness. Every game that USC wins is just another step for Matt Leinart on his way to winning a second heisman trophy.

I've always said that USC was a good team, they beat us twice. I have said, however, that Carroll and company are in the perfect situation: Athletes, Los Angeles, a media who loves them, and a conference that simply cannot compete with them. Furthermore, they don't have to play in a conference championship game. It's no coincidence that Cal has been the only conference team to derail the Trojans in the last three years.

Examining their schedule, the only teams who have a chance to defeat USC this year are Arkansas and Arizona State. I don't think that Cal has a prayer, considering how they lost Aaron Rogers to the NFL. However, Jeff Tedford could surprise me by producing another great quarterback to compete with SC and they do get SC at home.

If the Hogs and State cannot come through, then we're talking about another spot for SC in the National Championship game, a game that they will most likely win.

I have to give my respects to Pete Carroll. Even though his Trojans play in a weak conference, his teams have proven themselves capable of defeating any team from any conference in the big game; Orange Bowl 2002, Rose Bowl 2003, and Orange Bowl 2004.

I need a drink.

Alex

Archived