Bobby Bowden quotes

StatTiger

WSPTiger posted these comments made by Bowden on ITAT...

St. Pete Times, 9/17/90, page 10C.

"I think we made a wise decision and we have more flexibility. When your in the SEC you can't afford to play a good non-conference schedule. Playing in the ACC we can play a Notre Dame , Miami and Florida. There's six teams in the SEC that can win the conference championship, that’s a negative rather than a positive. I want to win national Championships". Bobby Bowden

L. A. Times, 9/20/90, section C9.

"Joining the ACC instead of the SEC was the smart play. No team wins a national Championship with an 8-3 record. We were willing to join the SEC as long as we didn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year, but the SEC declined". Bobby Bowden

WSPTiger posted these comments made by Bowden on ITAT...
St. Pete Times, 9/17/90, page 10C.

"I think we made a wise decision and we have more flexibility. When your in the SEC you can't afford to play a good non-conference schedule. Playing in the ACC we can play a Notre Dame , Miami and Florida. There's six teams in the SEC that can win the conference championship, that’s a negative rather than a positive. I want to win national Championships". Bobby Bowden

L. A. Times, 9/20/90, section C9.

"Joining the ACC instead of the SEC was the smart play. No team wins a national Championship with an 8-3 record. We were willing to join the SEC as long as we didn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year, but the SEC declined". Bobby Bowden

173081[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived