looks like the head

tombigbeetiger

I am very uneasy about this until proven...

The Link rule will be inforced strictly. I guess I cant say much if the media is talking about it. But until then, this is just a rumor...

Geez, we have secret code now? Uneasy about what? If rumors abound concerning Robert Whitt (who's that?) then it is a fact - that rumors abound.

And "bammerfart" that could be one of thousands of Bammer fartful.

So, I return to the ignorance from which I came. . . . *grin*

Guest Tigrinum Major

I think his name is actually Dr. Robert Witt. Supposedly, a caller asked a question concerning the president's impending divorce on Finebaum yesterday, but was cut off. I did not hear it, so I cannot comment for sure.

I think his name is actually Dr. Robert Witt.  Supposedly, a caller asked a question concerning the president's impending divorce on Finebaum yesterday, but was cut off.  I did not hear it, so I cannot comment for sure.

173153[/snapback]

Haven't they been talking about this rumor for a month or two on the Finebaum show? I can't provide precise dates, but I know I have heard something about this alleged rumor on his show over the past month or so.

Tread lightly my friends. This is a subject I doubt will be allowed to get much play on this board, and rightfully so if they are just unsubstantiated rumors.

bammerfart is about to become the talk of the state media(i hope)....rumors abound concerning robert whitt.....stay tuned

173091[/snapback]

What would be the big deal? What would Dr. Whitt's divorce have to do with Bama football or be any concern of any fan of any school? People get divorced everyday. It's a sad thing but true. Are you saying that no one at Auburn has ever gotten a divorce. Not that I care, because it is none of my business, and certainly shouldn't be the talk of the state.

bammerfart is about to become the talk of the state media(i hope)....rumors abound concerning robert whitt.....stay tuned

173091[/snapback]

What would be the big deal? What would Dr. Whitt's divorce have to do with Bama football or be any concern of any fan of any school? People get divorced everyday. It's a sad thing but true. Are you saying that no one at Auburn has ever gotten a divorce. Not that I care, because it is none of my business, and certainly shouldn't be the talk of the state.

173191[/snapback]

THE VERY LAST THING I EVER THOUGHT I WOULD BE DOING IS AGREEING WITH A BAMA :no: BUT...I have to say I was thinking the same thing when I read this thread.

Not knowing anything about this issue (beside reading here) the only thing I can imagine is there has got to be more to it.

Is he buddies with Dubose maybe? :o

nope,but the reason there was a divorce could be a real stinky, if it proves to be true... and mike price will be a choirboy compared to these alleged misdeeds....we'll see by and by if it has validity

173091[/snapback]

173191[/snapback]

Except that he was the one who fired Coach Mike Price for embarrassing the University and unbecoming conduct. Now if there is any suspicion of impropriety on Dr. Whit's part, how would that play out? Would/should he be held to a higher standard because he is President of the University, or would he just be labeled as a hypocrite and all be forgiven?

The RUMOR is that of infidelity on Whitt's part...but they are not substantiated. But that is nowhere NEAR what Price did. And is not a fireable offense if true.

I think we should all agree to take the high road and let this thing die if or until it is substantiated. NO rumor is a good RUMOR. ;)

Until further notice, I'm locking this. If something comes out that's in all the media, then I guess it will be fair game...though it boggles my mind as to why AU fans could or should care about it.

Archived