Transfer Portal needs O-Line

NES

2 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Any JUCO guys on our OL list?

Yes. I think his name is Keyshawn Blackstock from a Kansas JUCO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Any JUCO guys on our OL list?

It is crazy, don’t really need juco. There are so many multi year starter and all conference lineman in the portal this is nfl free agency. At list 8 power 5 all conference in the portal. Crazy times

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NES said:

It is crazy, don’t really need juco. There are so many multi year starter and all conference lineman in the portal this is nfl free agency. At list 8 power 5 all conference in the portal. Crazy times

It sure is. Normally I would be against all this Transfer Portal, NIL stuff. In our case I am making an exception. LOL

• Like 1

Auburn needs 5 and a couple backups at tackle so bring them on.  Can you imagine the pain Auburn would about to be going through if the portal didn’t exist?  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So I literally kept posting that you all were saying that about HBCU's never anything that he said.....but you know this board is it's own monster.

Also hilarious the man who has been helping students since before he even got into coaching is a fraud but will ban everybody and their mother if you didn't give kiffen and freeze a chance lol.

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn needs 5 and a couple backups at tackle so bring them on.  Can you imagine the pain Auburn would about to be going through if the portal didn’t exist?  

Agree 100%. Just don’t think this model of transfer portal is sustainable 

3 minutes ago, NES said:

Agree 100%. Just don’t think this model of transfer portal is sustainable 

Freeze stated that he prefers high school recruits instead of transfer portal guys. Mentioned that it is just the situation Auburn is in. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Freeze stated that he prefers high school recruits instead of transfer portal guys. Mentioned that it is just the situation Auburn is in. 

We need both and have room for both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Me too 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

Is there a post with current roster, depth and departures? If I remember correctly it’s as bad as we think.

When I look at the portal. I remember us having 4 transferring out. 3 receivers and 1 Oline 

17 minutes ago, NES said:

When I look at the portal. I remember us having 4 transferring out. 3 receivers and 1 Oline 

I meant like our current roster if nobody transfers out is very weak. Especially o-line. There were many 6th year seniors this season. 

Having a solid, NFL caliber center would do so much for the Oline and QB. not an earth shattering assessment, but it's been so long since C has been a consistent bright spot

Edited by EastAl_Tiger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I meant like our current roster if nobody transfers out is very weak. Especially o-line. There were many 6th year seniors this season. 

Plenty of room Oline. 4 graduating 1 transferring. Ziere, Troxell, Stutt, Coffey graduation Jones transferring 

• Like 1