Final results on signees?

quietfan

Do we have an official count on how many (if any) of our signees failed to qualify academically, are going the JC route, or are greyshirted?

I'm asking because I've read this on Bama, but haven't seen a final report on us:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil...ll=1&thispage=2

Decatur's Burnthall among grayshirts: Decatur High's Sam Burnthall is among three grayshirts for the 2005 season. Burnthall, a defensive back, signed in February but was not included on the Tide's 105-player roster for preseason practice released Monday.

He is expected to go on scholarship in January and count as one of the 25 recruits in the 2006 recruiting class.

Two other 2005 signees were also not on the roster and expected to grayshirt: receiver/defensive back Travis Sikes and offensive lineman Cole Harvey.

Five players failed to qualify academically: Antonio Forbes, Mike Ford, Desmond Jennings, Nick Kyles and Michael Ricks.

Since I haven't seen Auburn's figures (or any other school, for that matter), I'll withhold final judgement. Are the five mentioned as not qualifying all new signees? If so, it seems like having about 20% of your recruiting class fail to qualify is no way to build championship teams. JMHO.

As far as I know, there were only two for us. Michael Harness, a Center and Rex Sharpe, a Linebacker from Fairfield. CTT said everyone else was in good shape academically. One is enrolled at Hargrove JC while the other is at another JC and will eventually enroll at AU. Hey, this is a tribute to the KIND OF KIDS he tries to sign.... War Eagle! :cheer::au:

Archived