Can we be real about documents and classification?

AU9377

Holding any classified material is wrong, period.

Trump held onto docs he had no right to. He should be arrested and dealt with. He does not own them. 

Biden has more and more documents everyday it seems. He has been at this for 50 Years. He has nowhere to hide in this. He too has no right to the documents and has zero excuse for having them in his possession.

Anyone with classified docs should be going to jail, no exceptions.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Trump held onto docs he had no right to. He should be arrested and dealt with. He does not own them. 

Biden has more and more documents everyday it seems. He has been at this for 50 Years. He has nowhere to hide in this. He too has no right to the documents and has zero excuse for having them in his possession.

No exceptions? None? How will the democrats survive?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Not sure about the going to going to jail part...but maybe. At the very least all individuals found to not be handling protected documents correctly shall have their security clearance and the ability to see protected documents removed forever. 

At this point I believe a review of the entire classified document methods should be evaluated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No exceptions? None? How will the democrats survive?

Wow...politcal right out of the gate. You just don't get it.

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, creed said:

Not sure about the going to going to jail part...but maybe. At the very least all individuals found to not be handling protected documents correctly shall have their security clearance and the ability to see protected documents removed forever. 

At this point I believe a review of the entire classified document methods should be evaluated.

Ok, having their security clearance and ability to see protected documents removed forever would render Trump unavailable for duty as a President.  Alright by me, but it would throw the sitting President out of office.  Are you willing to push this punishment?

The FBI found even more docs at Biden’s house, some dating back to when he was in the Senate, after Biden’s lawyer assured us they had all been found.

This is getting deep.  Hey, but Biden is being transparent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, having their security clearance and ability to see protected documents removed forever would render Trump unavailable for duty as a President.  Alright by me, but it would throw the sitting President out of office.  Are you willing to push this punishment?

The FBI found even more docs at Biden’s house, some dating back to when he was in the Senate, after Biden’s lawyer assured us they had all been found.

This is getting deep.  Hey, but Biden is being transparent.

Yes. Biden would basically be fired. It’s a hard pill but WE need to take OUR government back and raise OUR expectations of OUR employees. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, creed said:

Yes. Biden would basically be fired. It’s a hard pill but WE need to take OUR government back and raise OUR expectations of OUR employees. 

Let me add to this and invite each voter on this forum to sign up for their representative’s newsletter. Do this even if you didn’t vote for them or if they’re from a different party. Write to them and let them know your expectations. Do it nice but be firm. Remember they work for YOU. If they don’t reply send an email to their congressional leader. Pass this along and make this a grassroots initiative. It may not solve all problems but hopefully it will identify those individuals who are not working for US. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:17 AM, DKW 86 said:

Looks like every former President, Vice President etc will be going to jail.  Pence has now turned over classified documents found in his home.  That is what I have always expected.  The classification of documents isn't a perfect science.  Most classified documents don't actually contain top secret information of some kind.  It isn't surprising at all that some of these documents make it into boxes of files belonging to the elected official.

Trump's situation is different in that he refused to cooperate for a year with the Archives and refused to return documents in his possession.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Looks like every former President, Vice President etc will be going to jail.  Pence has now turned over classified documents found in his home.  That is what I have always expected.  The classification of documents isn't a perfect science.  Most classified documents don't actually contain top secret information of some kind.  It isn't surprising at all that some of these documents make it into boxes of files belonging to the elected official.

Trump's situation is different in that he refused to cooperate for a year with the Archives and refused to return documents in his possession.

I tried to make this point earlier about "over classifying" documents.  One article I read mentioned a classified document that was actually just a wedding invitation to an ambassador that was classified because it was in the diplomatic pouch.

Additionally, simply possessing a classified document without one's knowledge or intent is not a crime as long as one notifies the Archives after it becomes known.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How long does anyone believe it would take Trump to de-classify any and all documents in question if he was currently the President?  It would have happened immediately.

• Facepalm 1

On 1/24/2023 at 4:55 PM, AU9377 said:

How long does anyone believe it would take Trump to de-classify any and all documents in question if he was currently the President?  It would have happened immediately.

Actually, there's a process for that.  It's not just an instant result from a presidential declaration. 

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2022/10/fact-check-presidential-authority/

Edited by homersapien

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Actually, there's a process for that.  It's not just an instant result from a presidential declaration. 

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanews/aba-news-archives/2022/10/fact-check-presidential-authority/

So you are saying that every classified document in private hands, Pence and Biden, etc, has been thru the entire declassification process and is righteous? Wanna bet the farm on it?

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

Yes, but he has the power to declassify, which would result in the DOJ not having a case with legs solid enough to prosecute.

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Yes, but he has the power to declassify, which would result in the DOJ not having a case with legs solid enough to prosecute.

No, he had the power to declassify. And, if he had done so prior to taking the documents, maybe there wouldn't be a case.  But he didn't.

And just saying he did after the fact doesn't make it so.  This will come out in the investigation.

(P.S.: the DOJ is not - and won't - prosecute Trump for simply taking the documents.  They will prosecute him for refusing - and resisting -  to return them voluntarily.)

Biden and Pence will not be prosecuted since they notified the government and volunteered to return the documents in their possession. 

In fact, Garland made a mistake in appointing a special prosecutor in Biden's case. Biden broke no law.  He did it in order to appear "fair" (i.e.: for political reasons.)  Now he's faced with the decision to appoint a special prosecutor in Pence's case, which based on what we know, is not appropriate either.

Edited by homersapien

On 1/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, AUFAN78 said:

I hated the political raid. I can see this happening in China or Russia, but certainly not in this country. We should all be ashamed of our government in this instance.

what else can they do with a fake affidavit  and someone refuses to send all the docs as requested? this is what happens when idiots like trump are elected. trump lied dude. this is the difference.

• Facepalm 1