Auburn Black Student Union produces list of racial slurs for white people

Auburnfan91

Auburn Black Student Union produces list of racial slurs for white people — Discovered on GroupMe text chat allegedly associated with organization

Will Blakely | 02.09.23

A whistleblower in the Auburn University Black Student Union (BSU) claims to have retrieved a Google Doc from a group message associated with the organization, which lists over 250 racial slurs for white people, including “failed abortions,” “diseased neanderthals” and more.

The whistleblower sent the document and screenshots of the group message on the popular group messaging app GroupMe to Auburn student Jaden Heard, who leaked the information to Turning Point USA (TPUSA), a conservative campus organization. TPUSA published a short article about the findings on its website last week. 

1819 News spoke to Heard on Thursday morning. Heard said he’s not the whistleblower himself, but rather the whistleblower came to him about the information. The whistleblower chose to remain anonymous.

“From my perspective, it looks like they were just joking around, trying to have a laugh,” Heard said. “But I’m also imagining if the roles were reversed … I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt, that they were just trying to joke, but at the same time, it was a university-funded organization, and that’s pretty wild.”

The document, titled “Creaker Names,” contained seven pages of a single-column list of racial slurs. 1819 News obtained a copy of the document from Heard. According to Urban Dictionary, “Creaker” is another word for “cracker,” used particularly when referring to an old white man.

Some of the names on this list are labeled “favorite” in parenthesis, such as “Sour Cream Citizen,” “bleach demons,” “sugar sardines,” “dandruff demons,” “elbow crust,” “dandruff paper,” “copy and paste,” “skin stealers,” “deformed dna,” “decomposing form of humanity,” “delusional lice,” “bobble head white,” “ashy, but you can’t see it,” “untamed beasts,” “crest 3-D whitening strips” and several more.

Heard also obtained screenshots of the group message that a group member shared the Google Doc in the message after saying, “Here’s a google doc of names for the Neanderthals.”

Another group member replayed, saying, “Now if any of them try to play we got the names on command.”

The group then proceeded to brainstorm more slurs.

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

The whistleblower told TPUSA last week that he got tired of "anti white racism shown in the left."

"I have two other black friends who [are no longer members of the BSU] because they bullied them out for having different opinions than what was acceptable," he said. "BSU needs to learn to be more welcoming and inclusive to the white community. The BSU motto is 'unity through education,' and they are currently failing at that."

Heard said he was kicked out of a group chat for black freshmen when he was a first-year student. He said he still attends BSU events sometimes but that BSU faculty and student members are hostile toward black conservatives.

Heard even claims he's been threatened by members of the BSU. 

A comment on the TPUSA article claimed that the group message was not associated with the BSU. However, Heard said that the chat contained BSU alumni and members and included members of the BSU executive committee. Further, he claimed that the whistleblower said the chat had either been deleted or he had been kicked out since the Google Doc was leaked.

Auburn University issued the following statement to TPUSA last week:

On Tuesday afternoon, Auburn University was made aware of a GroupMe chat that used discriminatory language that is allegedly being circulated among some students. The university is committed to providing a working and academic environment that is free from discrimination and harassment and works to foster a nurturing community founded upon the fundamental dignity and worth of all its members. The university prohibits harassment of its students and employees as outlined in our Policy Against Discrimination and Harassment.

The university takes these matters very seriously and the alleged behavior does not represent the values of Auburn University. The appropriate administrators are examining the issue and considering appropriate actions. This matter will be treated in the same manner with which any issue of discrimination or harassment is addressed.

On Thursday, 1819 News reached out to the Office of Student Involvement, which oversees the BSU. The office declined to comment.

To connect with the author of this story, or to comment, email will.blakely@1819news.com or find him on Twitter and Facebook.

https://1819news.com/news/item/groupme-allegedly-associated-with-auburn-black-student-union-produces-list-of-racial-slurs-for-white-people

I'll be shocked if Auburn even disciplines the students involved in coming up with the names and making the list. If anything they'll probably expel the student whistleblower for leaking it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like a bunch of vapid young adults being vapid young adults...I think I would probably laugh at someone calling me a "dandruff demon." Can't even begin to take that seriously. 

Saltine cracker isn't exactly groundbreaking, nor particularly insulting. I truly don't pay that sort of thing any mind.

Was there one that included horseradish? It's pretty much white, and delicious on roast beef.

I loathe mayonnaise, though, so calling me a "mayonnaise monster" might start a scrap. 😅

To the article's info, even if done in jest as an inside joke, it's not a good look. I would also not be surprised that a black conservative who is open about being one might have some rough sledding re: being welcomed. That's a demographic (black conservative) that is constantly swimming against the current.

• Like 1

So at a welcoming, open minded, and enlightened university that exposes its students to diverse opinions and pathways…..why is there the need for a Black student Union in the first place?

Edited by tomcat
  • Like 2

Some of those are pretty good lol.  Listening some of the groups of friends I work with seem to be breaking down the taboo stuff behind racial slurs. ...theres been several instances where younger black people ask white guys to tell their best black jokes they have heard. The white people ask about the best white jokes...even some Latinos chime in. ...its all way more  cordial than what you would think.  Everyone cracks up and actually builds bonds. ...I think its only the people who let politics be the main driver behind everything they do are the ones who act like its some sorta devastating thing. ....its like the redskins thing....I talked to a couple of natives...online, around where I live and a couple in Arizona (one actually had a Washington redskins t shirt on) ...apparently the most common high school  mascot in the Indian reservations is the old redskins logo from what I was told. ...the said most people thought  the whole fuss it was over the top and was a bad rep for their culture. They said the only Natives fussing were the politically motivated. .... im left thinking, the greed for power pushing the political divides are much worse than 90 percent of what is considered offensive.   ... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Some of those are pretty good lol.  Listening some of the groups of friends I work with seem to be breaking down the taboo stuff behind racial slurs. ...theres been several instances where younger black people ask white guys to tell their best black jokes they have heard. The white people ask about the best white jokes...even some Latinos chime in. ...its all way more  cordial than what you would think.  Everyone cracks up and actually builds bonds. ...I think its only the people who let politics be the main driver behind everything they do are the ones who act like its some sorta devastating thing. ....its like the redskins thing....I talked to a couple of natives...online, around where I live and a couple in Arizona (one actually had a Washington redskins t shirt on) ...apparently the most common high school  mascot in the Indian reservations is the old redskins logo from what I was told. ...the said most people thought  the whole fuss it was over the top and was a bad rep for their culture. They said the only Natives fussing were the politically motivated. .... im left thinking, the greed for power pushing the political divides are much worse than 90 percent of what is considered offensive.   ... 

That is true. I recently visited one of our National Parks with a big Navajo presence. The main high school mascot is the Redskins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

That is true. I recently visited one of our National Parks with a big Navajo presence. The main high school mascot is the Redskins.

No kidding....I feel they were more pissed off about the "political show" made of them about it....they were like...we are a proud strong people, we are not first world problem oriented. ...its not verbatim, but its the gist of of it....Its not hard to understand....its a little embarrassing to be made out to have some huge problem over something that's not a big deal...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, tomcat said:

So at a welcoming, open minded, and enlightened university that exposes its students to diverse opinions and pathways…..why is there a Black student Union in the first place?

Because it was requested by students?

I seriously doubt the university initiated it on their own.

53 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I understand this was meant as humor. If so, good for them, we all need a good laugh.

Some people are always looking for something to be offended about, this shouldn’t be one of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

I understand this was meant as humor. If so, good for them, we all need a good laugh.

Some people are always looking for something to be offended about, this shouldn’t be one of them.

In young people yes....I think its a strategy of the left. They target youth because of the fire and passion they carry. ...when your in your teens and 20s...you are eager to shed the "just a kid" image, and ready to change the world in favor of all the kid freinds they know and are used too ...I mean if things were friggin perfect, what does the youth have to look forward to?...the left plays on this.....its not just youth, they have created divisions like this in race, religion, age, social status, income...wherever possible...the more division the better...

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

No, it wasn't meant as humor (why would you think it's funny? :dunno:)

You asked why was there a black student union in the first place.  I suggested a the most likely reason. 

I don't get your point in your second sentence.  You'll have to explain. 

3 hours ago, PUB78 said:

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You'll have to explain. 

Pretty clear….just mho 

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

I’d agree with that. I suppose in any social setting people are drawn to others that are similar….in beliefs and culture. My knee jerk when first seeing this was another form of exclusion instead of inclusion…..both ways. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

You asked why was there a black student union in the first place.  I suggested a the most likely reason. 

There are those who are snowflakes or consider themselves to be social justice warriors. They are always looking for some slight or perceived insult so they can run to their ally, the MSM, and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Everyone should watch “Blazing Saddle “ with a glass of wine and loosen up.

• Dislike 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Does it offend you?

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

There are those who are snowflakes or consider themselves to be social justice warriors. They are always looking for some slight or perceived insult so they can run to their ally, the MSM, and make a mountain out of a molehill.

Everyone should watch “Blazing Saddle “ with a glass of wine and loosen up.

50th anniversary of that movie coming up in '24...and could never get made today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Does it offend you?

If it was referring to the "substance" of the issue - "honky insults" - hell no.

I think they were just having some fun.  So I agree with you.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Pretty clear….just mho 

Yeah, I get it now.

I got a little confused because his response (to my post) had nothing to do with my post.

Edited by homersapien

On 2/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, SLAG-91 said:

50th anniversary of that movie coming up in '24...and could never get made today.

It could get made today. A couple of the gags probably wouldn't survive ("rape the sh*t out of them!" being one, the Yiddish speaking Mel in redface being another), but it could get made. 

No idea how anyone could watch a modern film like Django Unchained and think Blazing Saddles couldn't get made. 

Edited by AUDub

White racial slurs not from Auburn Black Student Union GroupMe chat channel, university says

https://www.al.com/news/2023/02/groupme-chat-with-white-racial-slurs-not-from-auburn-black-student-union-channel-university-says.html

But in a statement the university provided Feb. 8 that was not included in neither Turning Point USA’s nor 1819 News’ coverage of the story, Auburn said it learned the chat, which was titled “AU Connect: Brought to you by The Throwdown,” included “hundreds of people from multiple universities.”

“These comments did not occur on the Black Student Union GroupMe nor as part of any recognized Auburn University organization channel,” said the university statement, which was sent to AL.com on Monday.

Edited by CoffeeTiger

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

It could get made today. A couple of the gags probably wouldn't survive ("rape the sh*t out of them!" being one, the Yiddish speaking Mel in redface being another), but it could get made. 

No idea how anyone could watch a modern film like Django Unchained and think Blazing Saddles couldn't get made. 

Haven't seen Django Unchained, so no idea how controversial its content might be. I average about 1 movie in the theater every couple of years, so I'll literally plead ignorance.

Think the Dom Deluise French Mistake bit would fly, though? "Dock that chink a day's pay for napping on the job?" You've got more confidence in movie studios than I do, and a lot more confidence in the potential viewership.

I have a DVD copy of Blazing Saddles, and fully expect it to become a collector's item within the next generation.

14 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Haven't seen Django Unchained, so no idea how controversial its content might be. I average about 1 movie in the theater every couple of years, so I'll literally plead ignorance.

Gratuitous use of the N word, just in a Tarantino action/drama film rather than a slapstick comedy. 

Django Unchained gets away with it for the same reason Blazing Saddles did: anyone using the word in the film is clearly depicted as an ignorant racist buffoon. 

Think the Dom Deluise French Mistake bit would fly, though?

Likely not.

Tough one but probably not as bad as, for example, The Producers lol. 

"Dock that chink a day's pay for napping on the job?"

Works in the same way that same character's use of the n-word would. The character using it is quite clearly a racist buffoon. 

You've got more confidence in movie studios than I do, and a lot more confidence in the potential viewership.

There will always be a minority of folks that don't get the joke. Blazing Saddles had the same problem. So did Django Unchained and Tropic Thunder.

• Like 1