Great Question

RunInRed

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Ok, so I'll ask another way. what sources of news do you read or follow, even if you don't completely trust them? 

Or are you saying you don't follow any news or political information at all?

I'm not so sure your stomach can handle the answer he may give you. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ole Anti Vax Rob, huh? Interesting.  

He’ll never be allowed to run…will get Bernie’d if he ever gets that far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

He’ll never be allowed to run…will get Bernie’d if he ever gets that far.

Their system literally allows them to handpick their candidate and override the vote with superdelegates. I'll never understand how that doesn't anger more dems.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Their system literally allows them to handpick their candidate and override the vote with superdelegates. I'll never understand how that doesn't anger more dems.

I think it is because many are NOT truly to the political left.  They are centrists.  They have more tolerance for the right than for progressives.  The New York Democrats are a great example in the last mid terms.

I will never understand those who are always left or, right.  You have to know where you are, where you need to go in order to implement the correct policies.

Actually, I do think I understand.  First, we are more distracted than informed.  Second, we do not understand the need to balance the interests of capital and society.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

It's bittersweet. It unfortunately works against people like Bernie, who I personally think align more with the direction that parties voters are going. But it also keeps people like Robert Kennedy Jr, who are obviously not modern democrats, from hijacking the party with their charisma, like Trump did to the GOP. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's bittersweet. It unfortunately works against people like Bernie, who I personally think align more with the direction that parties voters are going. But it also keeps people like Robert Kennedy Jr, who are obviously not modern democrats, from hijacking the party with their charisma, like Trump did to the GOP. 

I get it, just kinda sounds like bitter part of that is undemocratic. I'm not a fan of anyone deciding what's better for me against my will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At this point, I don’t even think it’s about DJT the man. It’s about supporting the candidate that they feel is most despised by Democrats. It’s really ****ed up, tbh. Republicans would rather see the country in turmoil and democrats owned than any other outcome. People like this are the average everyday Republican voter now. 

IMG_2235.jpeg

Roll Damn Tide?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I get it, just kinda sounds like bitter part of that is undemocratic. I'm not a fan of anyone deciding what's better for me against my will.

I mean they aren't deciding who you vote for. You can still vote for anyone you want. They are deciding who the party will stand behind. The system is literally there to prevent an ideologically texteme candidate with lets say 35% of the country behind them from hijacking the nomination. I bet Mitch McConnell wished the RNC could have pulled that card, today, because talk about a black eye on the party. Donald Trump has become so toxic that the GOP may lose out on an entire generation of American voters. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I mean they aren't deciding who you vote for. You can still vote for anyone you want. They are deciding who the party will stand behind. The system is literally there to prevent an ideologically texteme candidate with lets say 35% of the country behind them from hijacking the nomination. I bet Mitch McConnell wished the RNC could have pulled that card, today, because talk about a black eye on the party. Donald Trump has become so toxic that the GOP may lose out on an entire generation of American voters. 

Weak.  It is about limiting democracy.  It is a reflection of what DKW constantly harps on.  It is about supporting the money interests.  Bernie Sanders is hardly an extremist by any rational standards.  The power in the Democratic party wants no sharing of power with progressives.  That is a shame.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Weak.  It is about limiting democracy.  It is a reflection of what DKW constantly harps on.  It is about supporting the money interests.  Bernie Sanders is hardly an extremist by any rational standards.  The power in the Democratic party wants no sharing of power with progressives.  That is a shame.

I completely agree. You obviously didn't read any of the other posts I wrote about the superdelegate system. I am not saying that the system is good or right. I am simply explaining why it is there and how it could prevent an anti vax fool like Robert Kennedy Jr from becoming the parties candidate. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

08174DC3-3343-4AB0-926A-ACEF26213981.jpeg

And you’re fed this view over and over and over.  Have you ever stopped to think “why”?  Why would anyone support a criminal?  What motivates a large group of people to support that?  That above statement is just rhetoric that’s spewed every minute in order to build a narrative.  Why do “they” need to build a narrative?  Why are they trying so hard to stop him? Why does he keep getting more and more popular despite the propaganda and despite each “mishap”?  Is America becoming MORE racist, MORE bigoted, MORE in love with lawlessness?  Despite decades of a left leaning (understatement) media and culture telling us what’s right and wrong and how to act and who you can and can’t be…here we are with Donald Trump as loved as ever - the guy who was everybody’s friend in Hollywood and on Capitol Hill until he decided to March to his own beat.  The masters aren’t happy about that.

As far as Joe Walsh…GOP = Dem…one and the same.  All war mongers working together for centralized control…it’s why nothing meaningful ever gets done to actually improve your life and create meaningful opportunities.  They’re working for each other.

Don is Don…an a-hole who is playing his part.

Is that enough crazy for you?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

And you’re fed this view over and over and over.  Have you ever stopped to think “why”?  Why would anyone support a criminal?  What motivates a large group of people to support that?  That above statement is just rhetoric that’s spewed every minute in order to build a narrative.  Why do “they” need to build a narrative?  Why are they trying so hard to stop him? Why does he keep getting more and more popular despite the propaganda and despite each “mishap”?  Is America becoming MORE racist, MORE bigoted, MORE in love with lawlessness?  Despite decades of a left leaning (understatement) media and culture telling us what’s right and wrong and how to act and who you can and can’t be…here we are with Donald Trump as loved as ever - the guy who was everybody’s friend in Hollywood and on Capitol Hill until he decided to March to his own beat.  The masters aren’t happy about that.

As far as Joe Walsh…GOP = Dem…one and the same.  All war mongers working together for centralized control…it’s why nothing meaningful ever gets done to actually improve your life and create meaningful opportunities.  They’re working for each other.

Pretty damn crazy. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Have you ever stopped to think “why”?  Why would anyone support a criminal? What motivates a large group of people to support that?  

Becomes they think he "owns the libs"

Why do “they” need to build a narrative?

There is no narrative being built. Lol. Trump has written the narrative, through his actions. People are commenting on the actions of him and his supporters.

Why are they trying so hard to stop him? 

It's within the democrats best interest for him to run again. He's a toxic loser. That's been proven. Nobody is trying to stop him from running. He keeps breaking the law and running his mouth and then getting caught.

Why does he keep getting more and more popular despite the propaganda and despite each “mishap”?

He doesn't. He has become toxic. And all of the candidates he supports are losing. His popularity was at its highest before he actually got into office. 

Is America becoming MORE racist, MORE bigoted, MORE in love with lawlessness?  

No, but there are people that are pushing that louder than they have in a long time, because they feel like they have a powerful person to stand behind that shares those ideals.

Despite decades of a left leaning (understatement) media and culture telling us what’s right and wrong and how to act and who you can and can’t be…

Fox News and Rush Limbough are not left leaning, and I'd be willing to bet that you can trace most of his supporters back to one of those two media sources. 

here we are with Donald Trump as loved as ever

Why do you keep saying this. He's not as loved as ever. How many supporters do you think he's netted since he was elected president? 

- the guy who was everybody’s friend in Hollywood and on Capitol Hill until he decided to March to his own beat.  The masters aren’t happy about that.

I'm pretty sure the hollywood turned on him when he started claiming Barack Obama was from Kenya, with absolutely no proof. And he made it worse when he started calling Mexican's rapists on the first day of his campaign. 

I tend to agree with you on this. But I don't see them as being equally f**cked up, because I have eyes, ears, and a since of reality. 

Agree. He's taking advantage of the attention and opportunity to enrich himself. 

Fuckin Crazy GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Holy crap. We need to be friends.

What he said. But he said it better than I usually do.

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Only thing I would change is he did not become toxic. He has always been and will continue to be toxic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Sounds like you're way more optimistic about the reasons than I am. It's a mechanism to control who they want in power gets in power. Therefore you can indeed vote for who you want, and in the end it doesn't matter one bit.

The belief that any of these politicians on either side are safeguarding American rights with some of these tools and not just leveraging them to secure and grow their own power and wealth is ludicrously naive. I'm almost envious you can still see it that way.

Yep, to turn the question around "What is it about Trump's policies that was worth trashing the reputation and credibility of the FBI, the Intelligence community, and the DOJ." 

Seems to me that it's right there in AUDevil's nice little rant. GOP = Dem…one and the same.  All war mongers working together for centralized control…it’s why nothing meaningful ever gets done to actually improve your life and create meaningful opportunities.  They’re working for each other.  And they all view Trump as a threat to that.

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Sounds like you're way more optimistic about the reasons than I am. It's a mechanism to control who they want in power gets in power. Therefore you can indeed vote for who you want, and in the end it doesn't matter one bit.

The belief that any of these politicians on either side are safeguarding American rights with some of these tools and not just leveraging them to secure and grow their own power and wealth is ludicrously naive. I'm almost envious you can still see it that way.

I completely agree with you on all points. But, people seem to think that the DNC is bound to democratic rules. They are not. They are a private organization who protect their own interests. Its not uncommon for organizations to act that way. 

I do not see it that way. I have literally called Joe Biden a crooked politician in this same thread. I am just stating why, even though the superdelegates suck, they are in place. And how it could prevent a toxic candidate from becoming president. Here's how I see it. Lets draw out a scenerio.

30% - RFJ Jr

23% - Joe Biden or anyone but RFK Jr

23% - Bernie or anyone but RFK Jr

23% - Mayor Pete or anyone but RFK Jr

That's 70% of the party voters not wanting RFK Jr. And in this scenario the party as a whole also doesn't want RFK Jr. Seems like under the rules the republicans have, RFK Jr would win by default and therefor all of his ideals and flaws would be owned by the party until he was either beat in the general or died. With superdelegates, the party leaders have a say in making sure that doesn't happen.

Like I said, I don't particularly like it, because it is undemocratic. But I can see how it is a useful tool for the parties to protect themselves.  

11 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Yep, to turn the question around "What is it about Trump's policies that was worth trashing the reputation and credibility of the FBI, the Intelligence community, and the DOJ." 

Seems to me that it's right there in AUDevil's nice little rant. GOP = Dem…one and the same.  All war mongers working together for centralized control…it’s why nothing meaningful ever gets done to actually improve your life and create meaningful opportunities.  They’re working for each other.  And they all view Trump as a threat to that.

My problems with Trump are not like many on here would list.

-He did one horrible job actually draining the swamp.

-He either picks the worst people to work for him or really is an insufferable moron.

-His spending was as out of control as any dem. 

-War in Yemen

-Operation Warp Speed in general being a giant road lined with money for big Pharma and it leading to mandatory jabs of an at best ineffective vaccine. And his incessant bragging about it? Congrats to him? 

-Lockdowns during COVID were not helpful and were a restriction in personal freedom and the right to assembly.

Don't get mad at me dems. This post wasn't meant to start side bar debates with you lol.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Holy crap. We need to be friends.

What he said. But he said it better than I usually do.

He’s crazier. 😉

• Haha 2

KansasTiger, pretty much agree with most of that.  I'll vote for DeSantis in the primary, but if the choice is Biden or Trump, it's pretty easy.  I've given up on fiscal responsibility out of either party.  They remind me of the mafia characters in Goodfellows who took over somebody's restaurant and then they charged booze and food until the guy went bankrupt. That's our Congress. Our currency will be worthless before they are finished. Just plan for inflation; no way to stop it now.  All Congress really cares about is separating us from our money and getting it to their donors.  The unwritten rule in both parties is  "Don't mess with my spending, and I won't mess with yours."

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

-He either picks the worst people to work for him or really is an insufferable moron.

He only picks "yes men" to work for him.