Great Question

RunInRed

2 hours ago, RunInRed said:

The cruelty and crassness deployed in his grievance mongering is the actual appeal. Supporters are more obsessed with grievances than solutions. It’s not policy. It’s not skill. It’s not leadership.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, RunInRed said:

At this point, I don’t even think it’s about DJT the man. It’s about supporting the candidate that they feel is most despised by Democrats. It’s really ****ed up, tbh. Republicans would rather see the country in turmoil and democrats owned than any other outcome. People like this are the average everyday Republican voter now. 

IMG_2235.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Its the same dam problems this here countries had sense the sixtys.

The blacks, the queers, the commies, the immigrents,,,  them dam libruls.

We's patriots, theys Marxists.  MAGA

11 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'd advise any and all people who might even be close to 'conservative' to stay away from this snake pit of a trap thread.

You seem like a reasonable and decent person. You have an answer for Red's question. I'd be interested in knowing what a reasonable conservative's answer is. 

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

You seem like a reasonable and decent person. You have an answer for Red's question. I'd be interested in knowing what a reasonable conservative's answer is. 

I personally have no plans to vote for Trump unless backed into a corner. Which is how politics keeps the wretched two party system alive.

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I personally have no plans to vote for Trump unless backed into a corner. Which is how politics keeps the wretched two party system alive.

What do you mean by "backed into a corner". If he is the Republican candidate, you will have to vote for him?

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What do you mean by "backed into a corner". If he is the Republican candidate, you will have to vote for him?

If my choice is him or Biden. Yes. Worst two choices I can almost imagine. Like picking to die via cancer or a shot to the head.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

If my choice is him or Biden. Yes. Worst two choices I can almost imagine. Like picking to die via cancer or a shot to the head.

Follow up question. What Trump policies make him a better choice than Biden who is a relatively moderate democrat, by most metrics? There isn't any kind of agenda with these questions, btw. I am genuinely curious. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Follow up question. What Trump policies make him a better choice that Biden who is a relatively moderate democrat, by most metrics? There isn't any kind of agenda with these questions, btw. I am genuinely curious. 

Because I like you...I'll answer this. 

I have genuine concerns Biden's mental health is not to a point he can handle the office. I have had many grandparents and great aunts and uncles that talk and act like him, and they were in early to mid stage dementia. I'm not trying to score some political talking point here, if that isn't at least in the back of your mind as you listen to him, we see two different presidents.

I dont see him as moderate as you paint him. He's way too pro war for my tastes (it seems everyone is lately, where did my anti war dems go?), he's economically wasteful to a detrimental level (every candidate is so I guess no difference here?), but socially he's far too left for me. I'm not going to get into specific topics, cause that balloons into a debate that takes me three days to escape. And maybe the economy goes slightly better under Trump.

And I know you see trump as a slimy diaper wearing crook amongst other things, and I don't really disagree. I just see Biden as a similat crook who just hid it slightly better. Again, youre making me pick between two types of poison.

Believe it or not, I think most of us that would tend to not fall on the far right hand side of things have zero stomach or interest in seeing Trump be the nominee once again. 

The time to head that off is during primaries...the eternal issue is that to get that initial support, candidates tend to be more more extreme than they may actually be, because the voters who participate in primaries are your more politically active.

As an aside, I do wish all primary voting were closed, meaning no crossover voting is allowed. If you're registered R, you vote in R primaries only...same sort of thing if you're registered. 

I don't know if there are available numbers out there on this, but I would love to know how much support Trump got in 2016 from Dems crossing over to vote for him in primaries, thinking that he would be easier for Clinton to beat, sort of like the students in "Carrie" voting for her for HC queen as a joke, and it turned out the joke was on them, in a manner of speaking.

I'll not be voting for Trump in any primary.

If our choices in 2024 are the 2020 redux of Dipshit 1 and Dipshit 2, I will be seriously tempted to leave the top of the ballot blank. I don't know that I would, but both of those dudes need to fade into oblivion posthaste.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Follow up question. What Trump policies make him a better choice than Biden who is a relatively moderate democrat, by most metrics? There isn't any kind of agenda with these questions, btw. I am genuinely curious. 

I’m pretty unreasonable. I’m on the right so far from center I can’t find my way to the aisle.  Americans receive 2 different sets of news and live in 2 different matrixes.  So our realities are rapidly drifting further apart.  For instance, I haven’t watched or read ANYTHING from Fox, MSNBC, NYT, CNN, WSJ, etc. since the summer of 2020 b/c I don’t trust it.  Too much corporate control by too few people.  Now whenever I happen to watch a clip of main stream news in a hotel lobby or bar, I’m completely shocked at the narrative; shocked at the base line from which they start.  I watched the Town Hall with Trump the other day and thought, wow, that host is really giving him a lot of unnecessary hell, but he’s holding his own.  I wondered, if this were Biden, would she be giving him hell and talking all over him?  Then I watched a few corporate media clips, and was stunned at the takes and just the overall assumption that Trump is evil.  And it all goes very very deep, because we’re all fed two different sets of news.

I’m cutting this short, could go on all day, but don’t have the time.  I will leave with this…I think we’re in unprecedented times in that our goals, on both sides, now seem completely out of alignment.  It didn’t used to be that way. Is good good; is bad bad?  We can’t agree on any basic premise - OR - at least those in charge want us to think that’s the case.

I did not vote from Trump in 2016; I would 100% vote for him now.  If not him, then RFK Jr.  

Biden won’t be on the 2024 ticket…will be Newsome.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There's a dem I'd vote for over both...but you wouldn't like that answer any better.

9 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’m pretty unreasonable. I’m on the right so far from center I can’t find my way to the aisle.  Americans receive 2 different sets of news and live in 2 different matrixes.  So our realities are rapidly drifting further apart.  For instance, I haven’t watched or read ANYTHING from Fox, MSNBC, NYT, CNN, WSJ, etc. since the summer of 2020 b/c I don’t trust it.  Too much corporate control by too few people.  Now whenever I happen to watch a clip of main stream news in a hotel lobby or bar, I’m completely shocked at the narrative; shocked at the base line from which they start.  I watched the Town Hall with Trump the other day and thought, wow, that host is really giving him a lot of unnecessary hell, but he’s holding his own.  I wondered, if this were Biden, would she be giving him hell and talking all over him?  Then I watched a few corporate media clips, and was stunned at the takes and just the overall assumption that Trump is evil.  And it all goes very very deep, because we’re all fed two different sets of news.

I’m cutting this short, could go on all day, but don’t have the time.  I will leave with this…I think we’re in unprecedented times in that our goals, on both sides, now seem completely out of alignment.  It didn’t used to be that way. Is good good; is bad bad?  We can’t agree on any basic premise - OR - at least those in charge want us to think that’s the case.

I did not vote from Trump in 2016; I would 100% vote for him now.  If not him, then RFK Jr.  

People  always talk about what news sources they don't read and don't watch and don't pay attention to, but I find it rarely discussed the places they do get their news and information from. 

What sources of news and information DO you trust? 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Because I like you...I'll answer this. 

Thanks

I have genuine concerns Biden's mental health is not to a point he can handle the office. I have had many grandparents and great aunts and uncles that talk and act like him, and they were in early to mid stage dementia. I'm not trying to score some political talking point here, if that isn't at least in the back of your mind as you listen to him, we see two different presidents.\

I will agree that he isn't the most cognitively there person in politics anymore. I actually think that is one of the main things I am concerned about. The difference is that with Joe Biden, you can tell that he knows what he is talking about. Hell he's been in politics forever. He's just an old man, so he doesn't articulate his words well. Also, he's always had a big problem with saying the wrong thing.  He knows policy and he knows law. Donald Trump does not. It's obvious at this point. I can tell when people are bullshi**ing their way through something and he definitely is. One of the things that the other side attacks Trump on is his lack of policies. He really doesn't have any plans, because he doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I honestly don't think he cares deeply about anything other than his own self interests. 

I dont see him as moderate as you paint him. He's way too pro war for my tastes (it seems everyone is lately, where did my anti war dems go?), he's economically wasteful to a detrimental level (every candidate is so I guess no difference here?), but socially he's far too left for me. I'm not going to get into specific topics, cause that balloons into a debate that takes me three days to escape. And maybe the economy goes slightly better under Trump.

I will concede that Joe Biden probably isn't your typical anti war hippie. I wish he was.  But I wouldn't call him pro war. W was pro war.  You can't really call a president pro war, if he isn't engaged in any wars. 

Socially he is def further left than Trump ( I honestly don't think Trump is genuinely right leaning) or DeSantis, but I haven't really noticed him taking any kind of woke stances. I'm a little confused by that part of your reasoning. I honestly see Biden as about as far to the right, socially a modern liberal society can have, before it starts becoming abnormal and uncharacteristic of a modern day leader of liberal society. 

And I know you see trump as a slimy diaper wearing crook amongst other things, and I don't really disagree. I just see Biden as a similat crook who just hid it slightly better. Again, youre making me pick between two types of poison.

Well he's defiantly a slimy, diaper wearing crook. That has been proven again and again. Especially the diaper part. But this attack on Biden as being the head of a "crime family" is a bit far fetched, imo. Joe Biden has been in politics for 51 years. He's never been referred to as having a crime family until Trump said that. He's just a typical crooked politician. No more or no less than any other typical lifelong politician. I think Trump may be projecting here a bit. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Don't get me excited like that. Newsome/Warren, Warren/Jeff Jackson, Jon Stewart/Michelle Obama

I'd be in heaven if any of those tickets ran. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People  always talk about what news sources they don't read and don't watch and don't pay attention to, but I find it rarely discussed the places they do get their news and information from. 

What sources of news and information DO you trust? 

Bird, Red, E.

I don’t trust much of anything…agendas become evident pretty quickly.

that’s why I like football, all of you, the motives are easily discernible and there’s very little fake news…no need for it.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Bird, Red, E.

I don’t trust much of anything…agendas become evident pretty quickly.

that’s why I like football, all of you, the motives are easily discernible and there’s very little fake news…no need for it.

Ok, so I'll ask another way. what sources of news do you read or follow, even if you don't completely trust them? 

Or are you saying you don't follow any news or political information at all?