Great Question

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Scott Hall was just so scarce during that era. Dude had some massive drug problems. I remember that he would randomly show up for a match or two and then be drugged out so bad he had to leave again. 

I was giving you the one who had his sh*t together, you complainer! haha

Little kid me didnt understand all that. I just liked his swagger. What can I say?

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

People always say “I don’t read or follow mainstream media” with pride thinking that alone makes them seem intelligent or free thinking, but IMO it usually just means they are mostly  uninformed or follow highly partisan, non journalistic sources (not always, but more often than not a self described ‘free thinker’ just ends up being someone who gets ‘told’ what to believe by YouTube videos or a activist podcast or something off of some random guys Substack blog), and they don’t ever try and verify what they are told or understand the possible opposing views or information. 

their goal seems to always be to believe the opposite of whatever they think Mainstream media is pushing or ‘wants’ them to believe and they’ll always find some source or information that will conform with what they are looking for. 

being informed isn’t about what news you don’t read or listen to, it’s about getting news from a variety of sources, recognizing specific biases any given source may have and being ready and willing to Adapt to new or changing information.

They don't make a distinction between news and opinion, or worse, news and propaganda. 

Thus, they lose touch with actual reality.  Their "reality" is formed by propaganda.

A perfect example is shown by their belief this indictment of Trump is purely political and was conceived and orchestrated by Biden. 

These are the same folks who keep bringing up Biden's or Clinton's possessing of classified information as if simply having it is the transgression.

It simply doesn't matter how often you explain the transgression is trying to keep it and resisting it's return.   (Is that just too subtle for them or are they simply deaf and don't hear it?)

Anyway, you cannot argue with someone like that.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 2:13 PM, AUDevil said:

Bird, Red, E.

I don’t trust much of anything…agendas become evident pretty quickly.

that’s why I like football, all of you, the motives are easily discernible and there’s very little fake news…no need for it.

At some point, saying to hell with everything and believing that everyone is out to get you becomes more destructive than actually participating in a system that, while it has flaws, has achieved some really remarkable things over the course of history.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Hope not. Not saying Trump is the answer but the old GOP was a worthless, spineless fascimile of the Democrat party that knew how to talk a good campaign then spend your money, finance endless war, and take away your rights behind your back once elected. To be clear, this new GOP isn't much better.

At this point I feel like half the people who support trump just want an alternative to the endless cycle of single party politics dressed up in superficial social arguing points. And thats my fear for DeSantis. He's a return to old party way things were, good ole Koch funded GOP politics dressed up in anti wokeism.

I want someone to change this system that's obviously driving American society into the ground, break the wheel. Many thought that would be Trump because he's outside of the system, and the more the system hates him the more those people feel validated he is the right choice. But I personally lost hope on that a while ago. 

You can only do that thru real leadership.  Real leadership is impossible when the person claiming to be leading engages in constant lies in an effort to construct a narrative that he wants.  Trump had the opportunity to be a real leader when he was unexpectedly elected President.  Instead, he engaged in the most divisive brand of political theater the country has ever seen.  Every military leader that worked with him left the white house soon after they arrived and immediately warned that he was an unstable and irrational man (they said a lot more than that, but for purposes of keeping it brief). 

His behavior at the start of Covid alone should disqualify him from ever being President again. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You can only do that thru real leadership.  Real leadership is impossible when the person claiming to be leading engages in constant lies in an effort to construct a narrative that he wants.  Trump had the opportunity to be a real leader when he was unexpectedly elected President.  Instead, he engaged in the most divisive brand of political theater the country has ever seen.  Every military leader that worked with him left the white house soon after they arrived and immediately warned that he was an unstable and irrational man (they said a lot more than that, but for purposes of keeping it brief). 

His behavior at the start of Covid alone should disqualify him from ever being President again. 

You're arguing something that I wasn't really arguing for. Trump isnt my answer for a better leader. But I am more aware than ever that we won't get a good candidate in my opinion until we break control of politics from these two parties. 

46 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They don't make a distinction between news and opinion, or worse news and propaganda. 

Thus, they lose touch with actual reality.  Their "reality" is formed by propaganda.

I dont mean any offense by this...but this quote is exactly how I would describe you and a few others on here. Your MSM is propaganda. But what's the point of arguing about it? We're not changing anyone's mind. The 24 hour news cycle is one of the things I'd change if I could. It created the need to drive narratives to gain viewership to generate a profit, instead of reporting news. That and the Bahy-Dole Act (big pharma direct to consumer ads) and the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act. Bahy-Dole I didnt used to think was a big issue until I saw what they did during COVID. Watching a Fox News Host (Cavuto) proclaim that if you take the known safe 50 year old drug Hydroxychloriquin, that i have a family member take for 20 years, 'you will die' made me realize Big Pharma was influencing more than i thought. No, the only safe drug was the newly approved Remdesivir. It was just a coincidence the patent on hydroxychloriquin had expired to generic and they still had the patent for remdesivir and could make more money. 

And then the Smith-Mundt Modernization Act. You know, the Act that allows govt agencies to use tax payer funds to pump propaganda through the media within the US. That could be one of the key sources brewing division within the populace.

Alright, that's enough for today. I know most of you think Im a lunatic already. I'm not. There's just alot more going on than right vs left and MSM being biased. There are layers.

• Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

You're arguing something that I wasn't really arguing for. Trump isnt my answer for a better leader. But I am more aware than ever that we won't get a good candidate in my opinion until we break control of politics from these two parties. 

I would love to see us do some version of election reform, similar to what Australia did a few years ago.  They now have several functioning relevant political parties and they publicly fund elections in order to remove dark money from the process.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

They don't make a distinction between news and opinion, or worse, news and propaganda. 

A perfect example is shown by their belief this indictment of Trump is purely political and was conceived and orchestrated by Biden. 

These are the same folks who keep bringing up Biden's or Clinton's possessing of classified information as if simply having it is the transgression.

It simply doesn't matter how often you explain the transgression is trying to keep it and resisting it's return.   (Is that just too subtle for them or are they simply deaf and don't hear it?)

Anyway, you cannot argue with someone like that.

Your are right. News apparently does not sell vs. opinion. It is certainly not reported proportionally vs opinion available 24/7. Most people do not have the time nor the interest in pursuing the three or four W’s. 

You are correct in a large number of people feelings about the Trump indictment. Those minds will not be changed. Granted many are not informed but all are not complete idiots. 

17 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your are right. News apparently does not sell vs. opinion. It is certainly not reported proportionally vs opinion available 24/7. Most people do not have the time nor the interest in pursuing the three or four W’s. 

You are correct in a large number of people feelings about the Trump indictment. Those minds will not be changed. Granted many are not informed but all are not complete idiots. 

Here's a perfect example.  None a single Republican in this interview understood the key differences between how what Trump did concerning the documents differs from Biden and Pence.

They are just regurgitating talking points.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/what-iowa-republicans-are-thinking-after-trumps-federal-indictment

And I am not saying these people are idiots, they are just very poorly informed.  Just another illustration of how effective "flooding the zone with s***" is.

Edited by homersapien