2024 4* DB Kensley Faustin Commits to AU!

toddc

6 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

kinda like his head hunter mentality, but gonna have to learn to wrap up on the next level

My thoughts as well.  Dudes in college might just bounce off of him.

• 1 month later...

Auburn DB commit Kensley Faustin honored with All-American Bowl jersey: 'It's been a dream'

Faustin was honored with his All-American Bowl jersey on Wednesday.

CHRISTIAN CLEMENTE4 mins1

Kensley Faustin remembers watching the All-American Bowl growing up. Specifically, the game that Patrick Peterson played in is one that's etched into his memory. And of course over the last couple of years, as a high school recruit himself, he's found himself glued to the TV to watch the annual All-Star game.

This year watching it on TV won't be an option, though. The 247Sports Composite 4-star safety commit from Naples (Fla.) was presented with his jersey for the game on Wednesday night after previously being selected to play in it.

"It’s very special. Not many people get to do it and just knowing that I get to is a blessing," Faustin told Auburn Undercover. "What a great way to end your high school career. It’s been a dream to play in the All-American game."

This year the All-American Bowl is on Jan. 6 and live on NBC while also streaming on Peacock. Faustin is set to be joined by fellow Auburn commits Walker White, DeAndre Carter and Demarcus Riddick in San Antonio (Tx.) for the game.

Before being one of 100 seniors to report to San Antonio and play in the game, Faustin is focused on trying to help lead his Naples (Fla.) team to a state title. On the season Faustin has 50 tackles, six tackles for loss, three interceptions, nine pass breakups, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

"I feel like it’s gone smooth," Faustin said. "Everything has been going well. Just focused on the playoffs and trying to get my team to the best position to keep winning games and make it to state and pray that we win state."

While he hasn't been able to make the trip up to any Auburn games yet, Faustin plans to be at the Iron Bowl next weekend to close the season. He hasn't missed any of Auburn's games this season though, as he's been locked in watching the Auburn defense and the secondary put together a very strong season.

It's all reassured him of his commitment that he made in June.

"Oh man, it’s impressive. Every week they impress me," Faustin said. "I just know that I made the right choice because the secondary and the defense have been top-notch. Even when the offense has struggled we’ve still got their backs. It’s just good knowing that I’m going to a program that has a good defense that I can see myself fitting into. I can see myself having an early impact over there."

After playing in the All-American Bowl on Jan. 6, Faustin is set to be an early enrollee.

• Like 1