2024 4* DB Kensley Faustin Commits to AU!

toddc

Default Avatar

5-10 / 170
Naples
Naples, FL

Notable offers: AU, FSU, Florida, Miami, LSU, A&M, Penn St, Vols, Nebraska, & UCF

• Like 5

• toddc changed the title to 2024 4* DB Kensley Faustin Committs To Auburn

4 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I haven’t seen anyone talking about this one!

Me either other than him visiting today and I really keep up with it fairly well. Glad he’s a “good guy “ now though.

@ellitor might have more on his recruitment than me.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Auburn adds commitment from 4-star DB Kensley Faustin

Shortly after his official visit, Faustin has announced his commitment to Auburn.

Much of Kensley Faustin's official visit this weekend was about figuring out where the 4-star defensive back fits in the secondary. That's because he plans to be in Auburn's secondary, as he announced his commitment to the Tigers on Tuesday.

In the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Faustin is the No. 408 overall player, No. 36 safety and No. 62 player from Florida.

"The visit went great," Faustin said on Sunday. "Everything I expected went great. We went over how I could fit into the scheme and it caught me by surprise just how easy it is how I could fit into the scheme and how I’d transfer over and how we basically play the same defense in high school. So the visit went great, I like everything about it. Small town, not too much to do, I like that because I’m not a big party person. I like how everything is so close by.

"They see me fitting in at whatever position is going to get me on the field early. They see me as a safety, star, nickel, whatever’s going to get me on the field. They see me as very versatile and that’s what they like about me."

LSU, Florida State, Texas A&M and UCF were also in the mix for Faustin, but after his official visit he knew where he wanted to be.

From Naples, Florida, Faustin is planning to graduate early and be an early enrollee.

"In this generation of football it’s either you’re ready or you’re not and if you’re not ready you enter the transfer portal and that’s not something I want to do," Faustin said. "I believe with my mindset, when I’m ready and I know I’m going to be ready whenever I come, I’m going to be ready to play. Because I’m so versatile it’s hard to keep me off the field and I’m willing to play any position or learn any position."

Faustin was recruited heavily by Wesley McGriff, Zac Etheridge and Hugh Freeze leading into his official visit, giving him the comfort to hop on board.

"With Coach Freeze, I believe that he’s a great man and he’s going to be a great coach," Faustin said. "Just sitting down and talking to him, he’s honest."

Auburn now has three commitments in the secondary from Faustin, A'Mon Lane and Jayden Lewis.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2024 4* DB Kensley Faustin Commits to Auburn
  • ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* DB Kensley Faustin Commits to AU!
49 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I haven’t seen anyone talking about this one!

47 minutes ago, toddc said:

Me either other than him visiting today and I really keep up with it fairly well. Glad he’s a “good guy “ now though.

@ellitor might have more on his recruitment than me.

@Jgarrett7 @toddc Not a new recruit. Just hasn't beemn talked about on here much. AU has been on him for a while & led for a month if not longer.

• Like 1

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic
12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Jgarrett7 @toddc Not a new recruit. Just hasn't beemn talked about on here much. AU has been on him for a while & led for a month if not longer.

I just mean there wasn’t really any smoke before his commitment like Cain and others in past

1 minute ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I just mean there wasn’t really any smoke before his commitment like Cain and others in past

Hence AU reporters not making any picks til just before he committed today.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm so happy mcgriff is back working for our secondary....

Local Auburn DB target: ‘That’s what every school should be doing’

by Andrew Hughes 1 day ago

Local Auburn football defensive back Red Morgan out of Phenix City had a strong compliment for the program's recruitment so far Mandatory Credit: The Montgomery Advertiser

Local Auburn football recruit Rydarrius “Red” Morgan out of Central-Phenix City told Auburn Rivals’ Caleb Jones that every program’s personnel should be doing what the Tigers coaching staff has done thus far in his recruitment — specifically going as far as to say that AU secondary coach of cornerbacks Wesley McGriff is his “dog” after an appearance at AU’s 7-on-7 camp last week.

“Me and Coach Crime (McGriff), we talk almost everyday,” Morgan said. “That’s my dog. I feel like that’s what every school should be doing. I’m already looking forward to it. They’re a top priority for me. I’m a top priority for them, they’re a top priority for me.”

The defensive back received an offer from Deion Sanders’ Colorado Buffaloes on May 3 and has also been offered by the likes of Texas A&M, Florida, Miami, Florida State, Ole Miss, and Alabama. In-state schools UAB and Jacksonville State both took their chances with the highly sought-after 3-star.

Auburn football must build relationship with Red Morgan to land recruit

Morgan laid out what he’s looking for in his next Auburn football Plains visit: building the same type of relationships he forged with McGriff.

“Meeting all the coaches, building a relationship with all the coaches, spending time with the coaches and stuff,” Morgan said when asked what he was seeking from his recruiting trip to Auburn.

Jones reported that Morgan’s AU interest has only increased since his first visit in April.

“Auburn offered Morgan in mid-April, hosting him for a visit shortly after,” Jones wrote. “Since then, the Tigers’ interest in him has only increased. He feels like Auburn will take things to another level during his visit this week, as far as pushing toward a commitment.”

Should Freeze deliver on the same relationship-building measures he has with countless recruits and local high school coaches in his first half-year in charge of the Auburn football program, Morgan could be swayed by the closest school just 40 minutes to the west.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Big time for sure!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

McGriff and Etheridge together is a deadly combo 

• Like 6

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Clip on the right 

• Love 1

• Like 2

• 1 month later...