Great News for Baseball Facilities

Our already beautiful ballpark is getting even better!

• Love 2

Great news.   I wish Ronnie Anders was still alive to see this.    It would blow his mind.   I think it was 1985 when he donated the money for us to have our first video scoreboard.  That thing looked AUsome back then.   These renovations would bring tears to his eyes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Great news.   I wish Ronnie Anders was still alive to see this.    It would blow his mind.   I think it was 1985 when he donated the money for us to have our first video scoreboard.  That thing looked AUsome back then.   These renovations would bring tears to his eyes.

Appears seating behind home plate comes to field level. Best seating since the old bleacher seats and without looking through chicken wire. Going to have to be one of the shorter backstops in the league. Love it.

• Like 1

The seats on the Little Green Monster and the upper level down the first base line are what I'm most excited about.

I don't want to be that guy but wish we could re-direct a few million of this to the NIL for the players!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodford said:

The seats on the Little Green Monster and the upper level down the first base line are what I'm most excited about.

I don't want to be that guy but wish we could re-direct a few million of this to the NIL for the players!

Good point. Maybe this will get more NIL money coming. 

Talking baseball. Miss it so much when we are out. Much more than post football season. Enjoying the CWS right now. Have adopted LSU post season. Have family ties to the school. Playing great right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good point. Maybe this will get more NIL money coming. 

Talking baseball. Miss it so much when we are out. Much more than post football season. Enjoying the CWS right now. Have adopted LSU post season. Have family ties to the school. Playing great right now.

Some great baseball. And I have to tip my cap to TCU. In a 6 month stretch they played for a Natty in football and made the semis in baseball. Watching the pitchers in this series makes me realize how much we have to up our game there next year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Some great baseball. And I have to tip my cap to TCU. In a 6 month stretch they played for a Natty in football and made the semis in baseball. Watching the pitchers in this series makes me realize how much we have to up our game there next year. 

Agree and think we all realized how much we missed Gonzo this year. Like great hitting but love to great pitching. Believe fully in the old saying that “ Great pitching always beats great hitting”.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree and think we all realized how much we missed Gonzo this year. Like great hitting but love to great pitching. Believe fully in the old saying that “ Great pitching always beats great hitting”.

Gonzo is an elite talent and we missed him greatly. BT has hinted that he may return. I know his projected draft position has dropped without teams getting to see him throw this season. I know he will make the right decision for him but another season would be great for us and almost certainly for him long term. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gonzo is an elite talent and we missed him greatly. BT has hinted that he may return. I know his projected draft position has dropped without teams getting to see him throw this season. I know he will make the right decision for him but another season would be great for us and almost certainly for him long term. 

From what I heard, it is a 5050 possibility for Gonzo. It depends on the interest/offers in the draft, but not sure of what I've heard. He is in the MLB Draft Combine broadcasted on MLB network though. Btw, he also got a medical redshirt for 2023, so he has two season of eligibility left. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hope you got to see the one tonight. Talk pitching. LSU vs Wake. Sorta neat having LSU and Florida playing for all. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hope you got to see the one tonight. Talk pitching. LSU vs Wake. Sorta neat having LSU and Florida playing for all. 

Oh I was watching. Epic pitching performance. Can’t wait for the finals. 

14 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Oh I was watching. Epic pitching performance. Can’t wait for the finals. 

It's a shame someone had to lose last night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Agreed. It was a classic. I’m an old school pitchers duel, low scoring ballgame kind of guy so I loved watching it. I do believe that best 2 teams in the country played last night but the UF-LSU matchup will be entertaining too I bet. 

On 6/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, SaltyTiger said:

"Great pitching will always beat great hitting. And vice versa." --- Yogi Berra

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

My favorite Yogi quote: "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeamZero77 said:

31 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

My favorite Yogi quote: "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

Love Yogisms guys. 

• Like 2

On 6/23/2023 at 2:26 PM, LPTiger said:

On 6/23/2023 at 4:23 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Agreed. It was a classic. I’m an old school pitchers duel, low scoring ballgame kind of guy so I loved watching it. I do believe that best 2 teams in the country played last night but the UF-LSU matchup will be entertaining too I bet. 

Another great one tonight.

8 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I have to yell for LSU. Son graduated law school at LSU, lives in NOLA and I visit often. Love the culture and food.

Congratulations to your son. I have a fair amount of friends who are alums there. I too appreciate that culture. They’re a fun bunch. My son went to TAMU so I’ve had to learn all of their ‘cult’ practices. 😅

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Yogi -- no one ever goes there to eat anymore, it is always too crowded.

“It gets late early out there.” (Describing the shadows in a ballpark) 

• Like 2