Daron Schoenrock steps down as pitching coach

2 hours ago, warbiscuit said:

I don't see this as a positive thing, but maybe Coach Thompson can bring in a great replacement.

Roc's wife did not move to Auburn.    It is hard being away from your best friend for weeks at a time.    Scott Strickland next man up?   He had 2 All-American pitchers in 22.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I don't see this as a positive thing, but maybe Coach Thompson can bring in a great replacement.

I miss Hudson in that role. 

47 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I miss Hudson in that role. 

me too, but he had to be with family while he can....those days are precious. 

come on CBT, get us going here!

So apparently this is now a paid position, where it wasn’t before?  That has to attract some higher level applicants.

Also, why didn’t Rock’s wife move to Auburn…families love it here?  Maybe her job?

Edited by AUDevil

29 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So apparently this is now a paid position, where it wasn’t before?  That has to attract some higher level applicants.

Also, why didn’t Rock’s wife move to Auburn…families love it here?  Maybe her job?

Fair question AU.  They spent 17 years there.  I'm guessing it is her "home."   We have spent 30 years in Bham, but I would love to move to Lake Martin but the woman with the veto says "no."    So here we are!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I'll be honest, I was under the impression Rock was a stopgap move until Auburn could pay a coach and only came out of retirement as a favor to Butch for 1 year until they could pay for a pitching coach. Because I didn't see why he'd retire from a HC job Memphis, take a break for a year, then come back as a volunteer.

Edited by warbiscuit