4th of July

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

I repost this every year when it occurs to me. 

https://popehat.substack.com/p/the-fourth-of-july

Thank-you so much for posting that article.   I too got something in my eye reading it.   I wish Judge Lew would invite a certain WNBA player to one of those ceremonies and maybe she wouldn't view our country as "trash."   As the author wrote, these gentlemen had real cause to hate our country but there was no hate or even sour feelings.   Instead, despite being lied to they raised their families here and ultimately saw the day where America unwound the lie that they were told.  May God bless them and their families.

Loved hearing all the patriotic idiots playing these songs on the 4th

• Haha 2

On 7/5/2023 at 11:11 PM, Didba said:

Loved hearing all the patriotic idiots playing these songs on the 4th

I frequently wonder how anyone considered either of those songs patriotic, in any way whatsoever.   They’re catchy tunes for sure, but definitely shouldn’t be on a 7/4 playlist.  

if you need catchy 7/4 songs there are much better options :)  

People who use/used Springsteen's "Born In The U.S.A." as a patriotic anthem are probably the same ones who have/had the Police's "Every Breath You Take" played at their weddings...they see a bright, shiny title and didn't actually listen to the song.

"Cheeseburger in Paradise" would be an infinitely better selection than either of those two, and it just talks about food with a beer.  Hard to beat that on any day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The understanding of patriotism and politics in this country is shockingly low and, quite dangerous.

God bless the multinational corporations of the United States of America.