Former Auburn player Edouard Julien

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Been following him all season hanging around 300 BA average with 10 HR been very consistent playing every day now.

Edouard Julien

Golf, you might relate to this.   I can't remember the year, but Ed had just returned home from a break.   In Canada the legal drinking age is 18.   He had had a good break and had become accustomed to having a cocktail or five....    His first day back in AU he got a PI.   Coach Thompson reached out to Coach Baird for advice about the appropriate level of discipline to impose.   Coach Baird said "On one hand it is a bad thing to be drunk in public there's no doubt, but on the other hand you sure can't win the SEC with a bunch of milk drinkers."  If you know Coach Baird he can be deadly serious one moment and hilariously funny 2 seconds later.   We played LSU in Baton Rouge and one of our weekend starters missed curfew.   Coach informed us he wasn't going to let him pitch, and we asked him to reconsider and discipline him when we got home.  He agreed.   After the longest bus ride you can imagine we pulled into the Coliseum parking lot around 1 in the morning.    As Jake got off the bus and headed to the locker room coach asked him where he was going.   Jake said to the locker room to get his car keys.    Coach said he needed to head on over to the field and start running foul poles.    When I went by the field that morning to go to class, Jake was still running.....    We didn't have anymore missed curfews after that.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Golf, you might relate to this.   I can't remember the year, but Ed had just returned home from a break.   In Canada the legal drinking age is 18.   He had had a good break and had become accustomed to having a cocktail or five....    His first day back in AU he got a PI.   Coach Thompson reached out to Coach Baird for advice about the appropriate level of discipline to impose.   Coach Baird said "On one hand it is a bad thing to be drunk in public there's no doubt, but on the other hand you sure can't win the SEC with a bunch of milk drinkers."  If you know Coach Baird he can be deadly serious one moment and hilariously funny 2 seconds later.   We played LSU in Baton Rouge and one of our weekend starters missed curfew.   Coach informed us he wasn't going to let him pitch, and we asked him to reconsider and discipline him when we got home.  He agreed.   After the longest bus ride you can imagine we pulled into the Coliseum parking lot around 1 in the morning.    As Jake got off the bus and headed to the locker room coach asked him where he was going.   Jake said to the locker room to get his car keys.    Coach said he needed to head on over to the field and start running foul poles.    When I went by the field that morning to go to class, Jake was still running.....    We didn't have anymore missed curfews after that.

Great story........... did Jake win the game??

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great story........... did Jake win the game??

I forgot that I used Jake's name in the post and when I saw your reply -- chills went down my spine.   I thought you had somehow figured out who I was talking about....   On winning, that was when Skip had them rolling, and I'm pretty sure Bo had been deemed ineligible by that point.   It was Coach Baird's 1st or 2nd year, and we, particularly if it was when we were without Bo, didn't offer a whole lot of resistance.   They threw it better than us.   Hit it better than us.  And fielded it better than us.  They did put on one heck of a low country boil for us.  

• Thanks 1