BCS Bowl Match-ups

Aubie7

He has Ohio State playing Purdue in the Sugar Bowl. Only one problem. The Sugar is locked into an SEC Team. :blink:

WT,

I think that if the SEC team plays in the BCS Champ. game, the sugar bowl is not bound to have an SEC team. Like last year, if Auburn would have played in the Orange, there probably wouldn't have been an SEC team in the Sugar.

I think that is right...

Guest Tigrinum Major
WT,

I think that if the SEC team plays in the BCS Champ. game, the sugar bowl is not bound to have an SEC team. Like last year, if Auburn would have played in the Orange, there probably wouldn't have been an SEC team in the Sugar.

I think that is right...

175881[/snapback]

You are correct. The SEC is tied to the Sugar IF the SEC champ isn't playing in the BCS title game. One other possible scanario is if UT and Auburn meet undefeated in the SECCG (not likely, but possible), winner would go to the BCS title game (Rose) and loser would possibly end up in the Sugar since they would still probably be ranked high enough in the Bowl Convoluted Standings.

Let's just get the teams on the field before we start talking about this stuff...

I stand corrected. As stated before, you could put my vast knowledge of football into a thimble and still have room for one of the skinny kid with the dark pink jersey's legs. :D

WT,

I think that is right...

175881[/snapback]

You are correct.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I thought the Sugar Bowl was locked in to an SEC team except on years it had the NC game?

176010[/snapback]

There you go, thinkin' again!

If the SEC champ plays in the NC game, only way an SEC team plays in the Sugar is if two SEC teams are ranked high enough in the BCS. When the Sugar was the NC game (which it will never be again), it was not locked into an SEC team. Other than those two situations, it is (locked into an SEC team.)

Are we clear? :poke:

When the Sugar was the NC game (which it will never be again), it was not locked into an SEC team.  Other than those two situations, it is (locked into an SEC team.)

The Sugar Bowl was never so-to-say the NC game. It had a good amount of NC games but they were never tagged as the National Champ game.

In addition, the SEC Champ was basically a tie-in before the BCS crap began.

Only 3 Sugar Bowls since 1972 have not had an SEC team in it

Guest Tigrinum Major
When the Sugar was the NC game (which it will never be again), it was not locked into an SEC team.  Other than those two situations, it is (locked into an SEC team.)

The Sugar Bowl was never so-to-say the NC game. It had a good amount of NC games but they were never tagged as the National Champ game.

In addition, the SEC Champ was basically a tie-in before the BCS crap began.

Only 3 Sugar Bowls since 1972 have not had an SEC team in it

176097[/snapback]

Correct me if I am wrong, but was it not the BCS Championship game when LSU defeated OU? That is why I referred to it as the NC game.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I meant before the BCS crap began. Though it had NC games....it was never pegged yearly as the NC game.

176138[/snapback]

Then we are both correct. From 72 until the BCS reared its ugly head, there was a formal tie-in between the SEC champion and the Sugar Bowl, much like the Orange and Big 8, Rose and PAC 10, big Ten, etc.

He has Ohio State playing Purdue in the Sugar Bowl. Only one problem. The Sugar is locked into an SEC Team. :blink:

175879[/snapback]

Thats what i thought too, I thought that the winner of the SEC in less they go to the NC plays in the Sugar Bowl. I guess they have the SEC winner playing in the NC? Hmmmm, im gonna make my pick now for the SEC........... :ut: .

Either :lsu: or :au: will play :ut: in Atlanta in December.

175879[/snapback]

Thats what i thought too, I thought that the winner of the SEC in less they go to the NC plays in the Sugar Bowl. I guess they have the SEC winner playing in the NC? Hmmmm, im gonna make my pick now for the SEC........... :ut: .

Either :lsu: or :au: will play :ut: in Atlanta in December.

176189[/snapback]

" in less they go"!? :no:

Archived