Another BOT Controversy

Proud Tiger

It looks like there is another BOT term controversy. Richardson says Charles Ball was appointed to fill out the two years remaining in Lowell Barron's term when he resigned. Ball and others though he was appointed for a full term. Now Richardson is asking the Attorney General for a ruling. Looks to me like the problem is not with the BOTs but those in the process who make and define the appointmnets.

While not saying that some board members haven't made mistakes in the past, I certainly agree that both recent controversies about the end of members' terms are deeply rooted in the incompetance in Montgomery, not malfeasances on the Board.

Good grief, I think every person on this board and every freshman at Auburn has enough sense to clearly state the conditions of someone's term at the time of their appointment. I have somehow missed the part of the Alabama constitution that requires everyone to have a lobotomy before they can take a government position in Montgomery! :angry::angry:

[Of course, it is a mighty long constitution to keep track of... :blink: ]

While not saying that some board members haven't made mistakes in the past, I certainly agree that both recent controversies about the end of members' terms are deeply rooted in the incompetance in Montgomery, not malfeasances on the Board.

Good grief, I think every person person on this board and every freshman at Auburn has enough sense to clearly state the conditions of someone's term at the time of their appointment.  I have somehow missed the part of the Alabama constitution that requires everyone to have a lobotomy before they can take a government position in Montgomery! :angry:   :angry:

[Of course, it is a mighty long constitution to keep track of... :blink: ]

176167[/snapback]

No kidding...the longest Constitution in the world!

Archived