Auburn Offense

The Defiant

38 minutes ago, TigerHorn said:

I disagree. The TV replays have clearly shown open WRs, but Thorne is not used to SEC speed and he hesitates every time, then panics when he sees the rush. Ashford simply can't throw. Nothing new there. 

Believe it or not, they have speed in the big 10 too. Thorne can't complete an accurate pass beyond 10 yards  to save his life. 

16 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I saw a couple signs of life.  Unfortunately I don’t know what you can do to fix this offense this year. Time to get everybody reps and hope things start to click.  Need another round of recruits and transfers.

Yeah, beyond just beating probably the two weakest teams in the league and another cupcake I'm okay with sacrificing this season.

21 minutes ago, AUApostle said:

We need Bryce Cain like now.  We need to develop Geriner for next year or get a better portal QB.

A 5'10 TrFr 170# WR ain't gonna be our savior next year

Thorne is a huge disappointment. He was completely rattled and held the ball too long. He had 3 guys wide open, including one that was open, and missed by 10 yards.
we should have been ahead at halftime. 

The playcalling is not great, but the Thorne quarterback play is atrocious and affects everything. He is awful, like TJ awful. The coaches are just as pissed and surprised as we are… he cannot complete simple passes. He was brought in as a 2 year starter and just stinks. 
…and Robby is Robby. 
we need to recruit 2 QBs this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

Montgomery didn't use the middle of the field. No slants. One screen. The Montgomery- Thorne experiment isn't working. 

Back to Gus ball. Not using the middle of the field is unbelievable. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

Always knew the guy was a good QB, just needed a team with a better Oline and better coaching.  Happy for him

I’ve seen Tennison and Pegues playing really good for Ole Miss today too.  So 3 Auburn transfers doing their job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

I’ve seen Tennison and Pegues playing really good for Ole Miss today too.  So 3 Auburn transfers doing their job.

It's coaching.

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

quarterback play is atrocious and affects everything

Including playcalling.  If plays are there be made (open receivers), and are not made consistently, can we really blame playcalling?  A one-dimensional offense has to be really good at that one-dimension in order to be consistently successful, otherwise that one-dimension ends up getting shut down too.  There is no evidence that the offense is good enough at rushing to overcome being one-dimensional, against a defense that has a pulse.  Freeze and Montgomery cannot really playcall their way around that, or harness sorcery to field a QB that can consistently make throws that are there to make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Never2Yield said:

It's coaching.

What???? pegues didn’t want to play dline at auburn or that was the  claim.   Gets moved to Defense at Auburn transfers Ole Sis and plays, guess what, dline.   I think he didn’t like Auburn and wanted to play where he was from.    Tennison was just stuck behind what’s been the best position group in Auburn football for the past several years 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like so many Auburn QBs before, Our QB1’s eyes drop at the first sign of a pass rush. Doesn’t matter at that point what routes the recievers are running cause he doesn’t see them.  QB2’s first instinct is to run rather than scan the field or execute the play called. Pretty easy to scheme for it you are a D Coordinator. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, e808 said:

Like I said in the game thread as bad as Auburn looked. I am very confident Auburn would beat Colorado . Defense is optional for them

wow!!! this is what we are down to?!?! I still rather have Bro Hugh over prime lol.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Laden King had a TD today for Utah. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e808 said:

Like I said in the game thread as bad as Auburn looked. I am very confident Auburn would beat Colorado . Defense is optional for them

Gtfoh with that crap. Come on

11 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

He didn't have a QB to throw to him.

I personally think some of the dead weight in the QB room needs to be shown the door. 

Here are our options currently:

Thorne- The passing QB that can't actually hit open WRs because he is scared of the rush. An upper classman that plays like a Freshman. Auburn's current turnover machine. 

Ashford- A running QB that makes the wrong reads on a zone read play. Nobody thinks he can throw consistently. Auburn's old turnover machine.

Geriner- An under classman that cannot beat out the two crap shows above. Couldn't beat out TJ and Ashford last year. Can't beat out Thorne and Ashford this year. All I have heard of him is that he can't grasp the play book for years now and he throws a good ball. . Not Harsin's playbook and not Freeze's playbook. So until and unless I see otherwise, I doubt he will be a starter at Auburn. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx

32 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Gtfoh with that crap. Come on

Only brought up because it was mentioned. U don’t agree. That’s ur opinion. Just like I am entitled to mines. We can agree to disagree