Just a thought

aubiefifty

It's easy to be a good winner, character is revealed in hardship and loss...............

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, One Beer Drinkin Dude said:

“Anyone can support a team when it’s winning-it takes no courage. But,to stand behind a team,to defend a team when it’s down and really needs you,that takes a lot of courage.” -Bart Starr

Love that quote. Bart Starr is the reason I became a Green Bay fan as a child. I do think that most on here have deep rooted feelings about Auburn and love it but can be justified in asking the obvious questions. It's not non-support to ask those questions. Let's always remember that the coaches and players want to win and Freeze will figure this out. We just need to think about how he frustrated he is right now. He has to play the players he has right now. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Love that quote. Bart Starr is the reason I became a Green Bay fan as a child. I do think that most on here have deep rooted feelings about Auburn and love it but can be justified in asking the obvious questions. It's not non-support to ask those questions. Let's always remember that the coaches and players want to win and Freeze will figure this out. We just need to think about how he frustrated he is right now. He has to play the players he has right now. 

you misunderstand me. people have a right to be upset or disappointed. i am talking about the trolls and people looking for arguments. comments about a blowjob on a family board? it was on the game thread. i am not saying people cannot vent i am talking the trolls and folks looking to start arguments.

• Like 1

I like this thread a whole lot better than the post-game thread last night.

It's gonna take time for Freeze to get the talent to make us competitive again.  And he will.  He needs three full recruiting cycles to do that.  He hasn't even had one full cycle yet.

We are headed down the right road.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you misunderstand me. people have a right to be upset or disappointed. i am talking about the trolls and people looking for arguments. comments about a blowjob on a family board? it was on the game thread. i am not saying people cannot vent i am talking the trolls and folks looking to start arguments.

My comment wasn't meant to be in conflict with your post or the one I quoted. Just my thoughts. I stayed off of the game thread yesterday altogether during the game because we have a few here who are absurd in their posting and I do question how they go through the day with such a negative attitude. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

It's easy to be a good winner, character is revealed in hardship and loss...............

I’m so sick of people being logical and reasonable. The lack of psychos on this thread is concerning. Totally kidding. 

We are at the floor folks and the team has to make the choice to get better, not us. Rough day yesterday, but don’t just lay there and bleed. They didn’t build Rome in a day. Get up 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I couldn't believe the comments on the post-game thread last night.  One of the worst offenders bragged that he "knows a lot of AUFamily moderators"...much to their embarrassment I'd guess, if he was telling the truth, which most braggarts rarely do.

Just now, gr82be said:

My comment wasn't meant to be in conflict with your post or the one I quoted. Just my thoughts. I stayed off of the game thread yesterday altogether during the game because we have a few here who are absurd in their posting and I do question how they go through the day with such a negative attitude. 

you are one of my favorite posters i just wanted to be a little clearer in what i said. it is natural for folks to be hurt and vent. it got bad out of hand yesterday and the mention of a man on his knees and taking it in his mouth? uncalled for. and the trolls that hate freeze were out. as odd as it sounds this hurts me and disappoints me more than the loss. i support my team in bad times as well as good and i will not throw them under the bus. and i get people will not like what i have said but unless they went back and deleted the sex part it is there. but i am an old fogie and i imagine if children say it they laughed.

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m so sick of people being logical and reasonable. The lack of psychos on this thread is concerning. Totally kidding. 

We are at the floor folks and the team has to make the choice to get better, not us. Rough day yesterday, but don’t just lay there and bleed. They didn’t build Rome in a day. Get up 

i always expect you to be crazy as hell with your avie pic because i forget and that dude is not right...............lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I couldn't believe the comments on the post-game thread last night.  One of the worst offenders bragged that he "knows a lot of AUFamily moderators"...much to their embarrassment I'd guess, if he was telling the truth, which most braggarts rarely do.

i can tell you dirty jokes that will curl your hair but i do not do it in front of kids. there was a time when auburn fans as a whole did not act like this and it always made me proud. only turd fans acted like this. i cannot say it anymore. i am not a prude i just love auburn and hate to see it thrown under the bus.

• Like 4

you are one of my favorite posters i just wanted to be a little clearer in what i said. it is natural for folks to be hurt and vent. it got bad out of hand yesterday and the mention of a man on his knees and taking it in his mouth? uncalled for. and the trolls that hate freeze were out. as odd as it sounds this hurts me and disappoints me more than the loss. i support my team in bad times as well as good and i will not throw them under the bus. and i get people will not like what i have said but unless they went back and deleted the sex part it is there. but i am an old fogie and i imagine if children say it they laughed.

You're good. Yes, the game day thread is no longer enjoyable. Thanks. I know you love Auburn to the core as most of us do. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I missed that statement yesterday but I have an idea who may have said that.

Just now, AU80cruiser said:

I missed that statement yesterday but I have an idea who may have said that.

take a shot........i will tell you if you are right. i was going to copy it and sow folks but that is a lot to look through..............

take a shot........i will tell you if you are right. i was going to copy it and sow folks but that is a lot to look through..............

I was referring to WillMunny's comment. I have no idea who could have made the comment you were referring to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU80cruiser said:

I was referring to WillMunny's comment. I have no idea who could have made the comment you were referring to.

The guy I was referring to wasn't vulgar, just consistently overbearing.

Why even bring up the vulgarity in another thread?  There were several posters that needed to get banned in the game thread and in the post game thread, but that’s on the Mods.  To be so sensitive and hurt over off-color comments made in the heat of volatile threads is silly.  Fans are fans, trolls are trolls and most old timers that live on this should know the difference and ignore the ignorance.  

Petition for stricter moderation if you see things you don’t feel comfortable with, the Mods can nip it in the bud with the swiftness if they choose.  Otherwise, just use the wonderful “ignore” feature.

• Like 2

I’m not surprised too much. I won’t be surprised if we improve and become competitive or get worse and miss a bowl. I just am mad that Jimbo didn’t get ejected for interfering or at least get his as ran over by a blocker or his own player for that matter. I can’t stand him.