Mal Moore with some Class?

DKW 86

Link from TideFans

I actually received this email several days ago but never posted anything about it -

Hello,

My name is Rachel Schroeder, and I am the president of the Yell Crew. :roflol: My Vice President and I had a meeting with an Athletic Department person a few days ago. He told us that the AD (Mal Moore) is trying to completely take the Rammer Jammer out of the football games. :o   Class at SPUAT, who woulda thunk it? He asked our help with making petitions and getting people to write letters. I have attached a copy of our petition so that you, if you wish, may pass to your Alumni chapter members to sign. If you do have people to sign, we ask that you mail it back to Yell Crew so that our person can take it to Mal Moore. Also, if anyone would like to write letters, they can email those to us and we will also make sure those reach Mal Moore. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions. Rachel Schroeder Yell Crew President

(205) 310-1640

schro005@bama.ua.edu

Yell Crew:

P.O. Box 861416

Tuscaloosa, AL 35486

A little sanity from the faithful.

This is silly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's discuss this when we start beating the hell out of someone again!!!!!!! Until then it is kind of silly to worry about!!!!!!!

JessN, At least he does see the real problems.

I don't have any problem with the Rammer Jammer cheer.

However, I do have a problem with us playing it to Utah State or Western Carolina.

I think that cheer should be saved for Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, MSU, etc. Pretty much any SEC school.

As for the patsies, or the big-time cross-country games (such as an Oklahoma or Penn State), it needs to stay in the bag. The cheer is blatantly disrespectful of the other team  :rolleyes: -- which is fine in the case of UT, AU, etc.  :roflol: But I think it's something that needs to be kept in the bag and brought out when the time is right.

I also don't like the "we're gonna" part of that cheer. Worst thing in the world is doing that cheer before the game and then getting beat. But :au: folks like THAT part of it. Use the "we just" version after UA is up 30 with two minutes left.

I don't make the rules, obviously, but that's how I'd run it if I had the choice. As for banning it outright, that's not the right call.

Addendum: I have no idea if it's being banned or not, as I've not contacted this Rachael Schroeder person to see if this is legit or just more email spam.

Jess Nicholas

Editor-In-Chief

TideFans.com 

I always wondered why they did that no class cheer anyway. I thought you were supposed to act like you had been there before. BTW, TCU claims that they :ua: stole the cheer from them. :blink:

Archived