DE Mosiah Nasili-Kite out for the season

Paladin

Auburn DE Mosiah Nasili-Kite out for the season

Auburn has lost some depth along its defensive front

NATHAN KING19 mins6

Auburn defensive lineman Mosiah Nasili-Kite suffered a torn bicep in Saturday's loss to Georgia and will miss the rest of the season, Hugh Freeze said Wednesday on the SEC coaches teleconference.

"That's going to really hurt us on the defensive line," Freeze said.

A transfer from Maryland, Nasili-Kite had appeared in all five games for Auburn this season and has played the most snaps of any player at the Tigers' defensive end spot. True freshman Keldric Faulk is likely to see an increased role moving forward.

Nasili-Kite had 14.5 tackles for loss across three seasons at Maryland before coming to Auburn.

Hoping to get healthier during the bye week, Auburn is dealing with injuries across the roster. Wide receiver Ja'Varrius Johnson missed the Georgia game with a hamstring injury and is "hopeful" to return against LSU; safety Jaylin Simpson dealt with a calf injury against the Bulldogs and is also hoped to be healthy for LSU; nickelback Keionte Scott is still recovering from a high-ankle sprain; running back Damari Alston missed the Georgia game with a separated shoulder but could return against LSU, Freeze said; and linebacker Austin Keys (thumb) is still three weeks away from being evaluated for a possible return to the field.

• Sad 3

Really do hate it for that young man. I hope he sticks around and comes back stronger than ever. Next man up though. Z Walker, it is your time to shine. 

• Like 2

Another article but also has information on other injured players and possible return dates.

Nasili-Kite suffers season-ending injury

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@BMattAU

Ad - Amazon.com

AUBURN | Auburn’s defense has been hit with another injury.

Starting defensive end Mosiah Nasili-Kite tore his bicep in the game against Georgia and will miss the remainder of the season.

The Maryland transfer is the third AU defender to suffer a major injury this fall.

“Unfortunately, we lost Mosiah for the year,” said AU coach Hugh Freeze. “That’s really going to hurt us in the defensive line.”

With Kite out, true freshman Keldric Faulk could step into the starting lineup. He’s played increasing snaps as the backup defensive end over the first five games.

Starting defensive tackle Marcus Harris also worked a lot at defensive during spring and preseason practice.

Starting inside linebacker Austin Keys hasn’t played since breaking his thumb in the opening game against UMass Sept. 2 and undergoing surgery while starting nickel Keionte Scott underwent surgery on a high ankle sprain suffered against Samford Sept. 16.

“Austin, I think we’re about three weeks away for them deciding whatever they’re going to do with the cast and the pins, to kind of see where it is. He’s still a ways away before we know about that,” said Freeze.

“Keionte, I think he’s ahead of schedule with the surgery but couldn’t really tell you exactly what we’re looking at there. Hopefully, we can get him back toward the end of the year.”

The Tigers also lost starting safety Jaylin Simpson in the fourth quarter of the UGA game. Freeze didn’t detail the senior’s injury but expects him to return soon.

Auburn is off this week before playing at LSU Oct. 14.

“He had done a remarkable job in coverage. Him going out in the fourth quarter against Georgia was really devastating,” said Freeze. “He was better yesterday and was better today, but still a ways away. Hopefully, he’ll be ready for LSU.”

On offense, both running back Damari Alston and wide receiver Ja’Varrius Johnson missed the UGA game.

“Damari had a separated shoulder. He looks decent. I would expect him back for either LSU or Ole Miss,” said Freeze.

“Ja’Varius had a hamstring and he just didn’t feel like he could run well enough. He looked pretty decent yesterday so I’m hopeful he’ll be ready for LSU.”

The talking heads mention the UGA tight end as if he is a world beater. We contained him for 3 quarters before the injuries in key positions. When you really look at what left the field, it doesn't take long to piece together what broke Bowers free.

• Like 3

A roster held together with duct tape is being hit hard with injuries. When we start getting into 2nd and 3rd string( minus a very few positions) it could get ugly.

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Auburn DE Mosiah Nasili-Kite out for the season

Auburn has lost some depth along its defensive front

NATHAN KING19 mins6

Auburn defensive lineman Mosiah Nasili-Kite suffered a torn bicep in Saturday's loss to Georgia and will miss the rest of the season, Hugh Freeze said Wednesday on the SEC coaches teleconference.

"That's going to really hurt us on the defensive line," Freeze said.

A transfer from Maryland, Nasili-Kite had appeared in all five games for Auburn this season and has played the most snaps of any player at the Tigers' defensive end spot. True freshman Keldric Faulk is likely to see an increased role moving forward.

Nasili-Kite had 14.5 tackles for loss across three seasons at Maryland before coming to Auburn.

Hoping to get healthier during the bye week, Auburn is dealing with injuries across the roster. Wide receiver Ja'Varrius Johnson missed the Georgia game with a hamstring injury and is "hopeful" to return against LSU; safety Jaylin Simpson dealt with a calf injury against the Bulldogs and is also hoped to be healthy for LSU; nickelback Keionte Scott is still recovering from a high-ankle sprain; running back Damari Alston missed the Georgia game with a separated shoulder but could return against LSU, Freeze said; and linebacker Austin Keys (thumb) is still three weeks away from being evaluated for a possible return to the field.

I hope someone forwards this info to Gary Danielson. He went out of his way to highlight Nasili-Kite going down and inferred with all his smugness that he was faking an injury. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hope someone forwards this info to Gary Danielson. He went out of his way to highlight Nasili-Kite going down and inferred with all his smugness that he was faking an injury. 

I can't stand either him or Brad Nessler. I think they are both in love with Saban.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

That’s typical Danielson talk. We’ve been really unfortunate this year with injuries to main players, but they mostly appear to be freak injuries and not a result of a lack of weight training. If we can just hit 6/6 and get any bowl, to allow those extra 15 practices, I do believe it could really be a huge benefit. Our D, in my opinion, has performed over and above what I expected. If the O will carry over from the GA game some, there is no reason we couldn’t win at least 2 SEC games, maybe 3 and end up with 6 or 7. PT looked much better getting the ball out quicker. This is an OL that was pieced together and had no continuity before the season. Happy for a bye before going to LSU. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

In his soprano eunuch voice. With the AU network live synch'd to youtube TV I didn't have to hear one syllable of his epicene voice, dismissive backhands against Auburn, or any of their commercials. Pi$$ on them. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I can't stand either him or Brad Nessler. I think they are both in love with Saban.

Amazing they can get an audible word out with their lips so firmly affixed to the orifices of bandwagon coaches.

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Gary just makes everyone around him worse, so glad we're done with him after this year. Brad, Todd and Holly were my favorite commentating crew.

Edited by AUwent

I guess Faulk is going to see a lot more playing time.  Hopefully the last year of Danielson anyway. 

• Like 1