What do you want to see against LSU

Win4AU

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I say this from a place of experience. Having been part of a D1 program, even the least works their ass off. 
Now working your ass off doesn’t mean you’ll be successful, as we have seen. But I don’t doubt every player in that locker room is working hard. 
And during the week, I’m sure they feel like they are ready. But when you have a game like this and you figure out, you aren’t ready, it’s gets depressing quickly. 
It’s not about how they looked at the end of the game. It’s about how they respond  for the next game. Hopefully we flush this and continue to try and get better. 
It may be we just can’t get better. I hope that’s not the case.

But I don’t believe for a single minute those guys aren’t working their asses off. 

What ? lol it’s not how they look at the end of the game? My man when they played their asses off against UGA and had a bye week, TODAYS GAME SHOULD BE THE RESPONSE?

Are you serious? Prime example, it’s fourth down , Peyton Thorne runs out of bounds and sticks the ball out three yards short. What the hell is that, truck the damn defender or at least try and get the first down. Come on man. This is why I said we should agree to disagree. There is literally very little we can take from this game as a positive to carry over next week. 

The offense hasn’t shown one iota of marked improvement against quality teams yet. Are we going to keep saying wait till next week? Lol. 

Edited by DAG

10 minutes ago, AUDaddio said:

Anyone else feel that Hunter is not running the ball near as hard as he has in the past.  He continues to dance versus hitting the hole hard wether it is open or not.  Disappointing loss but having been there, I wouldn't change my stripes.  Go AU tigers! And. War Eagle.

Yeah I posted about that in one of these recent games..don't know if he just thinks that he needs to be that type of runner to be a lead back, but it wasn't what made him worthwhile in previous seasons. Should honestly cost him a job, but this staff seems to value the guys they locked in as starters so....

When you don't match up we'll with a team, things can be more magnified. For example,  we made the Swiss cheese LSU def look like the 85 Bears. We don't have the personnel to exploit their weakness. Then, the game gets sideways and it looks like we have apathy, uninspired etc. AU needs to flush this game. The next 6 games are the most important games AU has had in a while. Need to get back on track and keep building.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep all I wanna see is compete and after the loss to UGA this team seemed to shrivel up and not have much fire to offer. Some have a problem with me calling that out, but I expected more, especially coming out of a bye week 

Everyone expected better performance coming off a bye week. Everyone expected to see better production after the moral victory over Uga.
. We didn’t expect to see a poorly prepared team take the field OR the boneheaded QB rotation again tonight OR a defeatist attitude on the sidelines OR a haphazard, ineffective defensive performance.  We expected more from the HC and his staff. 

• Like 5

Just now, keesler said:

Everyone expected better performance coming off a bye week. Everyone expected to see better production after the moral victory over Uga.
. We didn’t expect to see a poorly prepared team take the field OR the boneheaded QB rotation again tonight OR a defeatist attitude on the sidelines OR a haphazard, ineffective defensive performance.  We expected more from the HC and his staff. 

That we did.

However, now we have to hold it together for six more games and expect the recruiting to continue to pull in top quality guys. 
It’s gonna be rough on some of us guys as we have to really embrace the “rebuild” moniker. It sucks. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Exactly, I have hope for HF and Co going forward but this definitely set things back 

Everybody’s getting PAID now.  I don’t think expecting competence and a modicum of improvement from week to week is asking too much.  

• Like 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Exactly, I have hope for HF and Co going forward but this definitely set things back 

I wouldn’t hold my breathe . I don’t know why people think all of a sudden people this team can turn the lights on because we “perceive” we have more winnable games. It doesn’t work like that in the pros and it certainly won’t work like that at this level. The offense has looked shaky all year. Again what is the definition of insanity? Unless hugh freeze scraps what’s been going on, I foresee the same results. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Everybody’s getting PAID now.  I don’t think expecting competence and a modicum of improvement from week to week is asking too much.  

Maybe some did improve. Look at Frazier. He has six games left in his career and now we know he can be a weapon. Whoulda thunk it? (Well me) 
So, positive thoughts, men!

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

That we did.

However, now we have to hold it together for six more games and expect the recruiting to continue to pull in top quality guys. 
It’s gonna be rough on some of us guys as we have to really embrace the “rebuild” moniker. It sucks. 

As long as they can gloss over some of the poor coaching, decision making and player personnel choices that were on display tonight and keep recruits on the hook until they ink in a month, there’s hope for the future.  But our coaches have some ‘splaining to do if some recruits or their parents start to question the coaching. 

• Like 1

Just now, keesler said:

As long as they can gloss over some of the poor coaching, decision making and player personnel choices that were on display tonight and keep recruits on the hook until they ink in a month, there’s hope for the future.  But our coaches have some ‘splaining to do if some recruits or their parents start to question the coaching. 

It’s a delicate balance for sure. 

Just now, PigskinPat said:

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 9.24.35 PM.jpeg

This doesn’t even look like the freeze offense from Liberty..playcalling and all. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This doesn’t even look like the freeze offense from Liberty..playcalling and all. 

I agree, but it’s like they’re trying to take the first step in that direction and can’t. When Ashford is moving the ball and you inexplicably take him out and put Thorne back in, I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wouldn’t hold my breathe . I don’t know why people think all of a sudden people this team can turn the lights on because we “perceive” we have more winnable games. It doesn’t work like that in the pros and it certainly won’t work like that at this level. The offense has looked shaky all year. Again what is the definition of insanity? Unless hugh freeze scraps what’s been going on, I foresee the same results. 

Tbf by going forward I meant year 2-3 but I agree 

• Like 1

I agree, but it’s like they’re trying to take the first step in that direction and can’t. When Ashford is moving the ball and you inexplicably take him out and put Thorne back in, I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind it.

What I am saying is the freeze offense was far less complicated than this. It was a lot of slants and passes to the boundary. That is why last year he could have a third string QB look competent. This looks like some weird hybrid between Montgomery and Freeze, that freeze hopes to accomplish. He really needs to just go back to what made him successful even if that means complete play calling. This experiment is not working. Offensive passing his dead last. 

• Like 3

Just now, DAG said:

What I am saying is the freeze offense was far less complicated than this. It was a lot of slants and passes to the boundary. That is why last year he could have a third string QB look competent. This looks like some weird hybrid between Montgomery and Freeze, that freeze hopes to accomplish. He really needs to just go back to what made him successful even if that means complete play calling. This experiment is not working. Offensive passing his dead last. 

I agree.

• Like 1

When Ashford is moving the ball and you inexplicably take him out and put Thorne back in, I’m struggling to understand the reasoning behind it.

I see disorganization and chaos. The coaches we are recruiting against see it as well. The roster weakness is an explainable factor. The absolutely mess evident in our prep and coaching, not as much. 

Tonight I saw a 5 year correction, minimal. I am not so orange tinted glasses that I think he'll comfortable get that time. Changes are going to have to be made. 

I agree.

And I completely agree with you about the two QB exchanging ..it makes no sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

And I completely agree with you about the two QB exchanging ..it makes no sense. 

It’s maddening. The only drive I can remember Ashford on offense for the entire series he drove it down the field and we got points. I’m not saying he’s the savior for this team, but it seems like for whatever reason the coaches never let him establish a rhythm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 9.24.35 PM.jpeg

It's been like being stuck in a time loop. They've tried to set the tone for virtually every game other than Georgia and maybe Cal (I don't really remember) by passing early. and passes that were not always very easy for anyone to make. This was game 6, week 7...and still trying to force the back shoulders and timing out routes. 

It's just tough watching these PAC 12 offenses that just make everything simple free and flowing. If you give space, we'll slant you to death. If you press, then we'll throw it deep, but it won't only be sideline fades. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

That we did.

he hasn't pulled any top quality guys yet. i know from previous experence commits mean nothing. hopefully freeze can close better but we'll have to wait a see.

I’m now watching Idaho play friggin Montana. Yep, inferior talent. But damn if both qb’s can’t throw dimes all over the field under duress. Makes my head hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m now watching Idaho play friggin Montana. Yep, inferior talent. But damn if both qb’s can’t throw dimes all over the field under duress. Makes my head hurt.

And yet our fans had the nerve to be dissing  the QB from Bama. He looks Brock Purdy compared to what we got. 

Edited by DAG