What do you want to see against LSU

Win4AU

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Has he not? 

If he takes over, we're giving up on the passing game and running option. If that happens, we will lose. 

I'm just looking for the wide receivers to play with a pulse. They'll get enough good passes thrown their way, but if the stone-hands continue, if won't matter who is under center. 

On 10/8/2023 at 6:57 AM, Win4AU said:

1.  The defense has to keep Daniels and the rest of the LSU offense in check.  Auburn will not win a shootout

2.  Thorne and the offense has to take advantage of LSU’s porous defense.  LSU is having serious issues

3. The offense has to have long sustained drives and take advantage of the clock rules and keep LSU’s o off the field.

4.  Auburn has to win the turnover margin

5.  Auburn needs to get a lot of the injured defensive players back as close to 100% as possible.  Scott and Simpson are a must.

The bar has gotten pretty low:

- PT getting more than 5 seconds to throw more than half his drop backs

- A nicely timed play action pass that leads to a 1st down. 

- A slant pass to a wideout that gets 6+ yards . 

- 2 passes in the same drive that are thrown and caught for more than a 2 yard gain

- An offensive touchdown

- More than 3 sacks

Edited by HAPvsOA

I’ve heard on a couple different podcasts that Freeze was a lot more involved in the play calling against UGA than he has been all season.  Frustration was a word thrown around a lot at how things have been going.  Wouldn’t surprise me if this was the case again at LSU.  You have to admit the offense and Thorne in general looked better last week than they did against A&M.  

• Like 4

On 10/8/2023 at 9:57 AM, Win4AU said:

1.  The defense has to keep Daniels and the rest of the LSU offense in check.  Auburn will not win a shootout

2.  Thorne and the offense has to take advantage of LSU’s porous defense.  LSU is having serious issues

3. The offense has to have long sustained drives and take advantage of the clock rules and keep LSU’s o off the field.

4.  Auburn has to win the turnover margin

5.  Auburn needs to get a lot of the injured defensive players back as close to 100% as possible.  Scott and Simpson are a must.

You said it best.

Can Auburn exploit their poor defense? That's the biggest question of the game.

This doesn't take injuries into account but it's a good reference nonetheless.

F8FkBUlaQAA0FMD?format=jpg&name=large

Literally everything is flipped between the two teams besides rushing and I think we can fix that on Saturday.

image.thumb.png.62aa6911c007152866f596a31e31eb3e.png

• Like 1

On 10/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, EastAl_Tiger said:

Receivers getting enough separation so as to avoid a lot of 50-50 situations.

Freeze's offense includes some intentional 50-50 throws.  But yes, the receivers make more of those situations than good receivers should.

• Like 1

A win. Period. By any means necessary.

I've been to many AU LSU games in Baton Rouge. It is a unique atmosphere. A fun atmosphere. My favorite road trip every other year the 6 years I spent at AU for undergrad and grad school. The tailgating is top notch all day long.

But the TS mystique is ridiculously overblown. I was there for the "Bring Back the Magic" game with Dinardo in the mid 90's. That night was a legit atmosphere, on par with your average UGA or Bama game at JH when we are not playing for any type of SEC championship, etc. But that is it and the peak of TS. TS does not compare with a riled up or pissed off JH except on very rare occasions about twice a decade. It does not matter what the score is, 20% of the LSU fans will leave by the time the 4th quarter starts - count on that.

We will see what happens, but we are gonna get after their ass come Saturday night.

• Like 1

Win the turnover battle! That kept us in it against UGA and cost us the game against LSU last year. Check out the box score from that game--Robby threw for 300+ but we had 4 turnovers...brutal!

Screenshot_20231014_115337_Brave.jpg

• Like 1

0:00 We just don't have the horses this year. Maybe Freeze will recruit us out of this mess. To be fair, the players seem to be trying.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 10:02 AM, DAG said:

A competent offense is all I ask.

Nope

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Nope

Such a joke. The players look just beat down , the coaches look beat down . What the hell is wrong is wrong with this program?! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Such a joke. The players look just beat down , the coaches look beat down . What the hell is wrong is wrong with this program?! 

Is that a serious question? 
This team, coaches and players, are working their asses off to be better. 
Its extremely depressing when you realize no matter how hard you work, it’s just not enough. That works on a team’s psyche. That is how the LSU game made them all feel. That’s what you saw on the sideline. 
But all of these guys are competitors and will continue to work for it. 
It’s the seniors who know this is the last hurrah. 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Is that a serious question? 
This team, coaches and players, are working their asses off to be better. 
Its extremely depressing when you realize no matter how hard you work, it’s just not enough. That works on a team’s psyche. That is how the LSU game made them all feel. That’s what you saw on the sideline. 
But all of these guys are competitors and will continue to work for it. 
It’s the seniors who know this is the last hurrah. 

Me and you are not going to agree. Don’t know why you want to rebuff the things I say on multiple threads. We clearly see things through a different lens and that is fine. 

Just now, DAG said:

Me and you are not going to agree. Don’t know why you want to rebuff the things I say on multiple threads. We clearly see things through a different lens and that is fine. 

Just conversation. Sometimes we see things the same. Sometimes we don’t. 
if you feel “rebuffed”, that’s on you. Is no I else allowed to give their opinion if it’s not in line with yours?

I mostly agree with you on most things. However, not always. 

Just now, CCTAU said:

Just conversation. Sometimes we see things the same. Sometimes we don’t. 
if you feel “rebuffed”, that’s on you. Is no I else allowed to give their opinion if it’s not in line with yours?

I mostly agree with you on most things. However, not always. 

My point is I don’t feel like having the same damn argument on every thread. I support freeze , I support the program, but no you are not going to convince me that this is our best effort when we went toe to toe with UGA and we saw what we saw tonight. We can agree to disagree on that point. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

My point is I don’t feel like having the same damn argument on every thread. I support freeze , I support the program, but no you are not going to convince me that this is our best effort when we went toe to toe with UGA and we saw what we saw tonight. We can agree to disagree on that point. 

I never said it was our best effort. I was just trying to explain why the coaches and players looked so beat down. Wasn’t that part of your question?

Anyone else feel that Hunter is not running the ball near as hard as he has in the past.  He continues to dance versus hitting the hole hard wether it is open or not.  Disappointing loss but having been there, I wouldn't change my stripes.  Go AU tigers! And. War Eagle.

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

I never said it was our best effort. I was just trying to explain why the coaches and players looked so beat down. Wasn’t that part of your question?

You literally said they are working their asses off to be better? If they are they are doing something wrong. The defense gets a pass from me because they have shown they can be up for the test, but are you seriously saying the offense as a whole is working their asses off when we are seeing the same stuff over and over? We feel like it is a success just to get a QB over 100 yard passing against a quality team? Again I didn’t expect us to have LSU record last year. But I do expect us to have a sound game plan and compete. Tonight that time looked like they were beaten from the start after they got down and it showed in their faces after the game. That is problematic for me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

This, spot on dag, I support freeze and this program but to act like this performance wasn't a step back is just naive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You literally said they are working their asses off to be better? If they are they are doing something wrong. The defense gets a pass from me because they have shown they can be up for the test, but are you seriously saying the offense as a whole is working their asses off when we are seeing the same stuff over and over? We feel like it is a success just to get a QB over 100 yard passing against a quality team? Again I didn’t expect us to have LSU record last year. But I do expect us to have a sound game plan and compete. Tonight that time looked like they were beaten from the start after they got down and it showed in their faces after the game. That is problematic for me. 

Imo This team has a mojo problem. Take us away from home field and we look rattled before kick off.

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

This, spot on dag, I support freeze and this program but to act like this performance wasn't a step back is just naive. 

Last year with caddy, this team probably had less overall talent but damn they competed and the staff seemed to build a plan around what they had to work with. I don’t know what’s going on the offensive side do the ball , but no one seems in sync. 

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

I say this from a place of experience. Having been part of a D1 program, even the least works their ass off. 
Now working your ass off doesn’t mean you’ll be successful, as we have seen. But I don’t doubt every player in that locker room is working hard. 
And during the week, I’m sure they feel like they are ready. But when you have a game like this and you figure out, you aren’t ready, it’s gets depressing quickly. 
It’s not about how they looked at the end of the game. It’s about how they respond  for the next game. Hopefully we flush this and continue to try and get better. 
It may be we just can’t get better. I hope that’s not the case.

But I don’t believe for a single minute those guys aren’t working their asses off. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Last year with caddy, this team probably had less overall talent but damn they competed and the staff seemed to build a plan around what they had to work with. I don’t know what’s going on the offensive side do the ball , but no one seems in sync. 

Yep all I wanna see is compete and after the loss to UGA this team seemed to shrivel up and not have much fire to offer. Some have a problem with me calling that out, but I expected more, especially coming out of a bye week 

• Like 1