I support the coaches and players

Auburn93

If anybody thinks we just needed a different coach to make this team into a good team, they aren't really following our team's drop off in talent over the last 5-6 years.  I think Hugh Freeze will turn this team around, but it will take time.  Our next recruiting class is ranking 14th.  But the year after that is currently ranked 4th!  Keep recruiting!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I don't mind a 2 qb system but this may be the worst I've ever seen it run.

I do mind a 2 QB system, but I also accept that there is not a QB on the roster that Freeze is 100% sold on.  If he thought Thorne could get the job done with his arm, or that any defense might think Thorne could, he would not consider bringing in a runner to take snaps.  If he thought Ashford could get the job done, he would be taking the starting snaps.  He seems to think that a 2 QB system gives them the best chance to succeed, but is not even 100% sold on that either.  At this point, I think he is not far from throwing things at the wall, to see what sticks.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I'm all in on Freeze! 

That said it's not the loss, it's how we look in a loss. Right now, we're looking pretty out of sync. 

I get it and I am hoping that something changes since blaming lack of talent only goes so far...what concerns me is if he was a great coach he would be winning some of these close games and they look lost as a coaching staff except for the defense. The defense has struggled at times but they have kept them in games and just weatr down. The defense has been one of the bright spots for the most part and I was hoping the offensive guru would have been able to make some progress on offense but I think they have regressed. I keep hoping that we see some offensive improvement but its just the same crap show each week...thats all I am looking for some meager improvement. I mean for goodness sake, he had 26 passing yards late in the fourth quarter, those numbers are WORSE than Harsin numbers...and the main reason is they didnt try to pass the ball AT all....

Good coaches find a way to win some close games, so far ive seen nothing from Freeze that indicates he is a good coach. I'm glad the recruiting is going better but man I really hope he can find a way to get it together and start making some progress, this is about the worst I've seen things in a very long time...I hope he can right the ship but good grief this is really hard to watch and all I see is him making excuses right now...

• Like 2

I will always support Auburn a d the coaches, but we have got some real coaching issues on offense, not just a talent issue. Please, tell me another team rolling out 2 qbs a game. 

While being all in with CHF, based upon his history, I’m baffled that this years team is worse than the group/effort Caddy led at the end of last season. Poor fundamentals, poor execution, personal indecision, lack of consistency….especially frustrating with the rare glimpse of stellar play. I turn the game on and watch with little emotion or enthusiasm because I simply can’t allow myself to have any excitement for the product on the field. Fingers crossed on recruiting and some key staff upgrades.

• Like 2

I am a true believer with AU. I am also fully aware that our team has less talent on it than anyone on this forum remembers. We are barely SEC competitive at this point. We are 1-10 in the last SEC Games. Folks we are looking at Vandy and MSU and Arky for an SEC Win. NO ONE HERE HAS EVER SEEN US LOOK THIS BAD EVER. 

We likely need two more years to get back to a normal AU Team. We are that bad. 

The Coaching staff stil sees something in Thorne that I long ago gave up on. Every time he comes in I wait for the -4 to -9 yd play. I just dont trust him anymore. We dont have one qb on the team that would crack the 1st-2nd Team on aother SEC Team. NOT ONE.

Our OL, while it may be slightly better than last year, is likely worse than any OL in the SEC. We are talking 12-14th out of 14th. 

Overall we probably are 12-14th in the SEC. We are that bad and none of that is going to be fixed overnite. 

CHF and his staff are successful elsewhere and will be here. But folks, our problem is a Roster Problem.

No other SEC team has ever taken two years off in Recruiting like we did under CBH.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am a true believer with AU. I am also fully aware that our team has less talent on it than anyone on this forum remembers. We are barely SEC competitive at this point. We are 1-10 in the last SEC Games. Folks we are looking at Vandy and MSU and Arky for an SEC Win. NO ONE HERE HAS EVER SEEN US LOOK THIS BAD EVER. 

We likely need two more years to get back to a normal AU Team. We are that bad. 

The Coaching staff stil sees something in Thorne that I long ago gave up on. Every time he comes in I wait for the -4 to -9 yd play. I just dont trust him anymore. We dont have one qb on the team that would crack the 1st-2nd Team on aother SEC Team. NOT ONE.

Our OL, while it may be slightly better than last year, is likely worse than any OL in the SEC. We are talking 12-14th out of 14th. 

Overall we probably are 12-14th in the SEC. We are that bad and none of that is going to be fixed overnite. 

CHF and his staff are successful elsewhere and will be here. But folks, our problem is a Roster Problem.

No other SEC team has ever taken two years off in Recruiting like we did under CBH.

The statistics don’t support that Auburn is as talentless as it appears . They are ahead of team like Ole Miss and Mizzou. If they were as talentless as lead to believe then they should be getting blown out. Losing isn’t the issue it’s the how. How can u place blame on receiving when u don’t even attempt to throw the ball. There are a million ways to throw the ball and offensive minded coach can’t find one.

Then when the QB gets the drive going u switch the guy out and get a penalty or have to call a timeout because the play clock is about to run out. This has nothing to do with talent. The rotation of qb was worse than it has been all season.

Realistically you can have all the talent in the world but coaching still trumps all.

• Like 3

I believe that Freeze has what it takes to succeed at Auburn.  What concerns so many is that we don't see a sense of urgency and instead it seems that some have simply decided to mail it in and just accept losing until the roster is upgraded.  That is hard to accept for a proud fan base with some success in the not so distant past.

Just now, AU9377 said:

I believe that Freeze has what it takes to succeed at Auburn.  What concerns so many is that we don't see a sense of urgency and instead it seems that some have simply decided to mail it in and just accept losing until the roster is upgraded.  That is hard to accept for a proud fan base with some success in the not so distant past.

I think for many its the lack of utilizing what we have currently. We see players not playing with good fundamentals (coaching), we see play calls that make no sense (coaching), and we see player substitutions that defy all logic and often hurts the team with penalties or disrupts the rhythm of the players (coaching). If it was just a Jimmy and the Joe's behind in talent, that's one thing. But what we are seeing is coaching issues on top of it.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shoney'sPonyBoy said:

I love a good SUPERFAN post/thread.

At this point we need a lot of them...I'm open to criticism but there have been plenty of outrageous comments tearing the program down. We can be a part of the recruiting solution.

10 hours ago, miscram6 said:

If anybody thinks we just needed a different coach to make this team into a good team, they aren't really following our team's drop off in talent over the last 5-6 years.  I think Hugh Freeze will turn this team around, but it will take time.  Our next recruiting class is ranking 14th.  But the year after that is currently ranked 4th!  Keep recruiting!

Based on 247, overall we are 17th but that’s not the number I am more concerned about. I am more worried that this ranking puts us at 9th in the SEC currently with the addition of Texas and OU. 

Some observations:

- Everybody deserves a chance to blow off steam after last night.  It was a rough night.  Vent, complain, yell, curse, break things, call other posters names, etc.  Get it all out.

- The weekday posters are a lot more optimistic than the gameday-only posters.

- Recruiting is the most important thing, and Freeze is doing that well.  But he's not doing a good job with the offense.

- I can understand why some people are negative.  As someone pointed out in a previous post, the coaches are being richly compensated, the players are getting paid a $250,000 scholarship plus NIL cash, so serious criticism is warranted when they perform as poorly on offense as last night.

- I still think we are on the right road to becoming relevant again, and Freeze will have us there after his third year, if not after his second.  Just my opinion.

In the mean time:

3145195-article-tips-to-reduce-stress-5a8c75818e1b6e0036533c47-922c3155e9c846eaa7447c75030b2c13.jpg

Edited by WillMunny
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Some observations:

- Everybody deserves a chance to blow off steam after last night.  It was a rough night.  Vent, complain, yell, curse, break things, call other posters names, etc.  Get it all out.

- Recruiting is the most important thing, and Freeze is doing that well.  But he's not doing a good job with the offense.

- I can understand why some people are negative.  As someone pointed out in a previous post, the coaches are being richly compensated, the players are getting paid a $250,000 scholarship plus NIL cash, so serious criticism is warranted when they perform as poorly on offense as last night.

- I still think we are on the right road to becoming relevant again, and Freeze will have us there after his third year, if not after his second.  Just my opinion.

In the mean time:

3145195-article-tips-to-reduce-stress-5a8c75818e1b6e0036533c47-922c3155e9c846eaa7447c75030b2c13.jpg

a nap before the game and a gummy kept me sane for the most part.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

At this point we need a lot of them...I'm open to criticism but there have been plenty of outrageous comments tearing the program down. We can be a part of the recruiting solution.

SUPERFANISM isn't synonymous with positivity—it's more about fans who think college football is about something important than what it is (a form of show business entertainment) virtue signaling that they have superior character and loyalty—and I don't think we have any effect at all on recruiting online.  I think recruits taking visits at the game need to see an exciting atmosphere and a full stadium, but I doubt many recruits are lurking on this board reading posts.  And if they are, they're seeing exactly the same thing on every other losing team's fan board in the country.

I agree that there is no reasonable approach to our situation except to give it some time.  But I also understand why people are underwhelmed so far.  I'm not real impressed myself so far.

Edited by Shoney'sPonyBoy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

This just puts me in a horrible mood and it's not worth it. This game was totally win-able, and we blew it, for the 100th time. Our guys, 3 star or 5, are not being coached to success, and I'm just tired of the $h!t$h0w that the Auburn football program has become, top down. 

Let me ask you this….can coaching fix whiffing on a fumbled punt?   

55 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

You can choose one play that supports your narrative, but if you think our head coach looks and acts confident, positive, assured, then I don't know what to tell you. The product on the field is really bad, and while yes, there is definitely a  player component, coaching is absolutely a factor. I won't go back thru and lay out all the head scratching, WTAH, coaching decisions in this game, because they've been illustrated multiple times. 

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:
1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Better response than mine above:

'I think for many its the lack of utilizing what we have currently. We see players not playing with good fundamentals (coaching), we see play calls that make no sense (coaching), and we see player substitutions that defy all logic and often hurts the team with penalties or disrupts the rhythm of the players (coaching). If it was just a Jimmy and the Joe's behind in talent, that's one thing. But what we are seeing is coaching issues on top of it.' 

• Like 1

End of the day the money got their guy……they will now have to live or die on that hill. We’re just along for the ride moving forward. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

I think for many its the lack of utilizing what we have currently. We see players not playing with good fundamentals (coaching), we see play calls that make no sense (coaching), and we see player substitutions that defy all logic and often hurts the team with penalties or disrupts the rhythm of the players (coaching). If it was just a Jimmy and the Joe's behind in talent, that's one thing. But what we are seeing is coaching issues on top of it.

I agree with you. 

I truly believe the reason he keeps going with this two QB system is to try to light a fire under one of their asses. He has zero trust in them or our receiving core. He just needs to keep recruiting at a high level something that has not been done since 2010. Once he get the guys he wants in place and ready to take the field in 2-3 years that is when we are going to see our difference. I just hope the fan base can hold out that long.

3 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Some observations:

In the mean time:

Will is this picture I don’t see drugs or alcohol? Im About to cut off my electricity it’s so bad lol. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarrrEagleHey said:

You can choose one play that supports your narrative, but if you think our head coach looks and acts confident, positive, assured, then I don't know what to tell you. The product on the field is really bad, and while yes, there is definitely a  player component, coaching is absolutely a factor. I won't go back thru and lay out all the head scratching, WTAH, coaching decisions in this game, because they've been illustrated multiple times. 

If you have seen any of my posts on other threads about any of this, you would know that I lay blame on everyone.   It’s not one or the other.   It’s both.  Pure and simple.    We aren’t very good and coaching has been less than expected.   I expected more from the offensive side because both the head coach and offensive coordinator were head coaches before, and I believed were capable making a little chicken salad out of some chicken sh$t.