Media Post Arkansas

ScotsAU

I think it’s all the above. I’d rather they overlook us than overrate us. Our defense is about as good as it gets in the SEC except for maybe Georgia.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Look. I get it. We’ve beaten three bad teams. These are teams Auburn SHOULD win. But three weeks in a row, the media narrative has either been “Auburn better watch out for *opponent,*” or “Auburn is going to lose to *opponent.*”

After all three games, the media narrative wasn’t about how much Auburn has looked better. It’s been about how much the other team was lousy. 

Which is it media folks? Are we facing dangerous opponents that might beat us? Or are we facing awful teams that make us winning not a story?

I’m just so sick of the inconsistent reporting in the sports media.

I think some of the CFB media personalities, like Rece Davis, still look down on Auburn for giving CHF a 2nd chance.  The hell with them.

Edited by WillMunny
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

I think some of the CFB media personalities, like Rece Davis, still look down on Auburn for giving CHF a 2nd chance.  The hell with them.

Rece is an Alabama sycophant.  Ignore him. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

We are at our best when no one gives us a chance.   The Bama media is never going to give us a fair shake.     And, Bama is the best team in the country bar none.   Their defense is better than the Cowboys.  If we beat them it will be because Bama was too focused on the game that really matters (against UGA) and just couldn't take us serious.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

We are at our best when no one gives us a chance.   The Bama media is never going to give us a fair shake.     And, Bama is the best team in the country bar none.   Their defense is better than the Cowboys.  If we beat them it will be because Bama was too focused on the game that really matters (against UGA) and just couldn't take us serious.

This guy gets it.  Sports journalism these days is slightly better written than a post from fifty. 

15 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

This guy gets it.  Sports journalism these days is slightly better written than a post from fifty. 

On que, Al.com just put up a story about Bama getting a commit from a 5 star edge rusher....

For the record. Reece is awful, but this was in reaction to SEC final this week. They showed highlights. Nowkah gave half hearted praise toward Auburn, very half hearted. Then the whole rest of the discussion of the game was about how bad Arkansas is and how everyone should bear Arkansas by as much as we did.

9 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Rece Davis, he graduated from Alabama, talked down about us firing Gus because Gus beat Saban 3 times and we got to a bowl game every year with him. Then when the Harsin fiasco happened in the offseason between 2021 and 2022, he again called us out on that. Then he really hammered us when we fired Harsin. So it wouldn't shock me in the least if he looks down on us for hiring Freeze. 

I've actually met Rece in a local grocery store 10 years ago. He was in town buying stuff for Thanksgiving at his parents and then he was driving to Starkville to call the Egg Bowl. He was very, very nice and actually predicted we would beat Alabama (we did on the Kick Six) but he has gone total douche canoe on us since 2020 so screw the guy for all I care.

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

Look. I get it. We’ve beaten three bad teams. These are teams Auburn SHOULD win. But three weeks in a row, the media narrative has either been “Auburn better watch out for *opponent,*” or “Auburn is going to lose to *opponent.*”

After all three games, the media narrative wasn’t about how much Auburn has looked better. It’s been about how much the other team was lousy. 

Which is it media folks? Are we facing dangerous opponents that might beat us? Or are we facing awful teams that make us winning not a story?

I’m just so sick of the inconsistent reporting in the sports media.

It’s not so much inconsistent reporting, it’s anti-Auburn reporting. We’re constantly and continually voted one of the more conservative schools in the country, from a conservative state so the media hates us! BSPN is owned by Disney, need I say more?

You are correct, we were 3 to 4 point underdogs against Arkansas and we beat the Ba-Jesus out of them. So they’re not about to give us any credit, they’re going to blame it on Arkansas. All we have left is to upset the turds and then they’ll make excuses as to why it happened. 

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It’s not so much inconsistent reporting, it’s anti-Auburn reporting. We’re constantly and continually voted one of the more conservative schools in the country, from a conservative state so the media hates us! BSPN is owned by Disney, need I say more?

It sounds like you actually believe this 

• Like 1

To shut the media up AU needs to just keep winning and recruiting. I’m not sure I believe there is any bias, but AU has been irrelevant for a long time in football. When you only produce negative results, don’t be surprised when you get negative PR. AU has produced very little in recent to be excited about when it comes to football. It’s time to change that narrative. When someone says our football team stinks they are correct until It can be proven otherwise. 

• Like 3

The more they are focused on what everyone else is doing, the less likely that they’ll break out their hit pieces on Auburn that come when we start waking people up. Just roll with it. Hugh is quietly building an empire, and they can’t even tell.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The more they are focused on what everyone else is doing, the less likely that they’ll break out their hit pieces on Auburn that come when we start waking people up. Just roll with it. Hugh is quietly building an empire, and they can’t even tell.

This … block out the noise and keep grinding. It’s getting better every day 

• Like 2

Yeah the media is wishy washy but so are the fans. When there were games Auburn could’ve won the fans would say “this team doesn’t have any talent, wait until Freeze gets his own guys here”

Now that the team is winning some games the fans are switching up their tune a little. So I guess this team does have some talent on it huh?

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

that is the very reason no one likes you.............grins

• Like 2

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

that is the very reason no one likes you.............grins

I will admit, I am an acquired taste.  My comment was more about lack of punctuation and grammar as opposed to content. 

4 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I will admit, I am an acquired taste.  My comment was more about lack of punctuation and grammar as opposed to content. 

at 68 any press is good press............so i will take it. i just woke up from a long nap........