7-5 Auburn goes to the Gator/Music City Bowl....

BigBlueWDE

From what I’ve heard both bowls are down to us and Tennessee for both bowls, the vols opened the season in Nashville so the music city bowl maybe tempted to pass on them. Tennessee hasn’t been to the gator bowl since January of 2020, Auburn hasn’t been there since the 70s

1 hour ago, BigBlueWDE said:

8-4 Auburn goes to......?

Outback (I refuse to call it "ReliaQuest") seems to be the unofficial highest tier in the "Group of Six." So 8-4 = win over UAT = all the momentum in the world = might pick us over LSU.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, all4AU said:

I'd prefer Jacksonville to Tampa. We are due a trip to the Gator. 

Yeah, Tampa's going to want the Brian Kelly Bowl. So from purely a perspective on our bowl destination, the IB doesn't mean much. LOL

Edited by AUwent

35 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, Tampa's going to want the Brian Kelly Bowl. So from purely a perspective on our bowl destination, the IB doesn't mean much. LOL

Agreed. We won't jump out of the Pool of 6, but I'd still like that feather in our cap!

7 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

We got a chance. 

I'm hoping for 8-4 ...like every other AU fan. 10 years ago our brother Chris Davis blessed us with the greatest field goal return in the history of football. Maybe this year we'll be blessed with an unexpected victory because our defense kicked Milroe's teeth out and our resurging offense found something that bammr can't stop.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

I'm hoping for 8-4 ...like every other AU fan. 10 years ago our brother Chris Davis blessed us with the greatest field goal return in the history of football. Maybe this year we'll be blessed with an unexpected victory because our defense kicked Milroe's teeth out and our resurging offense found something that bammr can't stop.

It’s a forty year trend. ‘83, ‘93, ‘03, ‘13

Why not?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, HAYinthemiddleoftheBARN said:

It will not take a miracle.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AUwent said:

Outback (I refuse to call it "ReliaQuest") seems to be the unofficial highest tier in the "Group of Six." So 8-4 = win over UAT = all the momentum in the world = might pick us over LSU.

I always put the Citrus (Capital One) Bowl slightly ahead of the Outback Bowl but that doesn't matter. Gator Bowl would be cool, but the Music City Bowl probably wants Auburn more than anyone. 

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I always put the Citrus (Capital One) Bowl slightly ahead of the Outback Bowl but that doesn't matter. Gator Bowl would be cool, but the Music City Bowl probably wants Auburn more than anyone. 

Citrus gets first pick after NY6, so yeah. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, woodford said:

Yep, I can drive to the Music City Bowl, and make it back home before midnight. I probably will not go to the others.

I prefer Gator to Music City, but Citrus is my preference of all the bowls we might have a shot at.

Of course, that's purely because of perceived prestige of the bowl... plus the fact that we've not been to the Gator Bowl in half a century plays a part, too.

I wish all bowls would lose affiliation with conference.  Draw numbers or other metrics can determine priority in selecting your first participant. Records and conference rankings will still need to be in there somewhere to deliver the best matchups.  I just want to see more available destinations for all participants. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I wish all bowls would lose affiliation with conference.  Draw numbers or other metrics can determine priority in selecting your first participant. Records and conference rankings will still need to be in there somewhere to deliver the best matchups.  I just want to see more available destinations for all participants. 

I wish they would make sure if teams are from equivalent conferences (say Big10 vs sec) they would make sure equivalent teams play ( for example SEC #5 playing Big10 #5).

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

I prefer Gator to Music City, but Citrus is my preference of all the bowls we might have a shot at.

Of course, that's purely because of perceived prestige of the bowl... plus the fact that we've not been to the Gator Bowl in half a century plays a part, too.

Mine too but we're likely out of the running for Citrus. Likely taking Ole Miss.

Edited by AUwent

18 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

On a side note of that game, Bowden is dressed like a Hogswart student.  

It will be interesting if he stays next year since ULM is on the schedule.