You know what…

Dwayne Pride

First time Grandpa and he's named after me! Puts EVERYTHING in perspective. Happy Thanksgiving,  God bless, and War Eagle.

Oh......

And that UT loss was awful. Barfield's last year I think. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

First time Grandpa and he's named after me! Puts EVERYTHING in perspective. Happy Thanksgiving,  God bless, and War Eagle.

Oh......

And that UT loss was awful. Barfield's last year I think. 

My second (first boy) shares my secondary name.  Congrats!

The one I am talking about was 1981.  10-7 and we had a shot at the end after losing 0-42 the year before in those god awful orange jerseys. It was actually Dye’s first year and I was filled with hope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

The one I am talking about was 1981.  10-7 and we had a shot at the end after losing 0-42 the year before in those god awful orange jerseys. It was actually Dye’s first year and I was filled with hope. 

Got ya. That was one of 4 or so losses by one score or less when we had a chance at the end. It gave me hope for the future. I was talking about the 42-0 crap the year before at home. 

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Got ya. That was one of 4 or so losses by one score or less when we had a chance at the end. It gave me hope for the future. I was talking about the 42-0 crap the year before at home. 

That was also brutal. 

2 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

This is the game where Dye made his post game “lay your guts on the line again and again and again” speech right? Love that speech 

3 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I became a third time grandfather last week. 

Congratulations and War Eagle! Perspective is definitely useful in sports. People dealing with real stuff and football just doesn’t rank up there with health issues and just family time in general. In the end it’s not about who lost but who you lost that matters. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Congratulations and War Eagle! Perspective is definitely useful in sports. People dealing with real stuff and football just doesn’t rank up there with health issues and just family time in general. In the end it’s not about who lost but who you lost that matters. 

Her parents almost immediately had an Auburn toboggan on her head. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

Her parents almost immediately had an Auburn toboggan on her head. 

When my daughter was born in ‘87 it was the day before the Iron Bowl. After the game I put an Auburn stick on her hospital crib that said “10-0 War Eagle”. Everyone that went to view the babies in the window (different experience in those days) saw it. Had to start her off right. 😁