Moving forward - Get Miss State!

AURex

None of us are happy after the Bama loss. But it does no good to stew in disappointment.

Auburn still does not have a Quad 1 win and it is going to become more concerning going forward.

I love this team. The depth, the camaraderie, the commitment to TEAM play. I am really happy at how well the team has taken care of business (in emphatic fashion) against mediocre teams.

But now we are in crunch time. No reason to panic after the Bama loss, but Auburn desperately needs to have some Quad 1 wins. Finding Quad 1 wins will be tough going. Tennessee, Kentucky, a second matchup against Bama.

I'm not enjoying the thought of a repeat of our earlier season, looking good for much of the season, then encountering defeat after defeat. This is not what anyone wants to happen again.

Step One! Let's get Miss State! Let's get some Quad 1 wins!

• Like 2

Miss St is 42 in the Net rankings right now.  So if we can win Saturday that is a Quad 1 win.  We have to take care of the ball early in the game and we have to show we can shoot better on the road.  I think Miss St. is affiliated with Adidas - correct?  What kind of ball do they play with?  

Pound it inside and get their big man in foul trouble.  That is what I would do with Broome and Williams.  

• Like 1

How healthy is Tolu Smith now? I went to the game in Starkville two years ago. And even though we pulled it out in OT, he gave us fits. Thought he outplayed Walker that game.

If we come out tight like we did at bama, we'll struggle again.

Thought we had plenty of open looks, just could not hit a shot. JWill had 0 points first half.

Gonna have to  prove we can play on the road to expect any future tournament progress.

If we lose this one, after being (erroneously) ranked at #8, and after losing in Tuscaloosa the way we did (same as Baylor), Pearl will have a lot of 'splaining to do.

This is an important game.  Win, and Tuscaloosa was just a blip on the radar screen.  Lose, and it's a pattern.

Plain and simple.  This game will tell us a lot.

8 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

If we lose this one, after being (erroneously) ranked at #8, and after losing in Tuscaloosa the way we did (same as Baylor), Pearl will have a lot of 'splaining to do.

This is an important game.  Win, and Tuscaloosa was just a blip on the radar screen.  Lose, and it's a pattern, with zero Quadrant 1 wins thru the end of January.

Plain and simple.  This game will tell us a lot.

It told us something. I'm not sure if it was a lot. But the something it did tell us was not real positive.

• Like 1