Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone go vote for Fan Favorite!

Link can be found in the article.

link.   http://www.hoophallawards.com/

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

i have no idea why but i did not care much for him but i sure am a big fan now. but i know little about the ins and outs of basketball.

That's some stiff competition with Edey, Bacot, and Dickinson also at C. 

Any chance we can pin or boost this vote? We all get 1 vote per day, but I didn't see it until now. Maybe change the title to "Vote Broome Daily for the Nation's Best Center Award"

• Like 1

• toddc changed the title to Everyone Go Vote for Johni Broome Up for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award
1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

That's some stiff competition with Edey, Bacot, and Dickinson also at C. 

Any chance we can pin or boost this vote? We all get 1 vote per day, but I didn't see it until now. Maybe change the title to "Vote Broome Daily for the Nation's Best Center Award"

Done, thanks 😊 

• Thanks 1

Think it’s impossible for anyone other than Edey to win that one, but I still threw in a vote for him. Great list of PGs, but it’s interesting Sears didn’t get nommed. 

• Like 2

Johni Broome named SEC Player of the Week

Brian Hauch

Superstar forward Johni Broome has been named as the SEC Player of the Week for the first week of February.

The conference announced the honor Monday afternoon. It is somewhat surprisingly the first time Auburn’s star player has received the nomination.

Broome did receive two OVC Player of the Week nominations during his time at Morehead State.

After being named a finalist for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award early in the week, Broome went to work leading his team to a 2-0 record.

The junior secured his ninth double-double of the season, and 55th of his career, to open the week in Auburn’s blowout win over Vanderbilt.

Broome’s 5 blocks were the most among any player in the game, and his 11 rebounds and 16 points ranked second and fourth, respectively.

The most impressive part of Broome’s week came on Saturday in Oxford, MS when he led Auburn to become the first team to win in Ole Miss this season.

After going scoreless for the first 10 minutes of the game, Broome came alive in the second half following an allegedly inspiring halftime speech from teammate Chad Baker-Mazara.

Auburn’s leader took over the game in the final minutes, finishing with 15 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks, and a career-high 7 assists.

While the individual statistics and accolades are great for Broome, Johni is focused on Wednesday’s game in against Alabama in Neville Arena which he deemed “personal”.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no idea why but i did not care much for him but i sure am a big fan now. but i know little about the ins and outs of basketball.

Jabbar?  I hated him, and Tragic Johnson, and all those "Blowtime" Lakers, because I was a huge Celtics/Bird fan.

Now, I have great respect for Jabbar, Johnson, Cooper, Worthy, Wilkes, Rambis, and all those Lakers I used to hate.  Funny how things change over time as we get older and gain perspective.

• Like 2