ESPN's metrics believe................

si.com

ESPN's metrics believe Auburn basketball will beat Alabama

Andrew Stefaniak
~2 minutes

ESPN's metrics believe Auburn will take down the Crimson Tide.

In this story:

Auburn Tigers

Auburn Tigers

Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama Crimson Tide

Auburn went 2-0 this week securing a big come from behind win over the Ole Miss Rebels on Saturday. 

After going 0-2 the week before with two road losses, some were concerned that this team was going to struggle away from Neville Arena. That concern grew after watching the first half of the game against the Ole Miss Rebels, where the Tigers trailed by nine points at the half. Auburn came out in the second half and put on an offensive clinic, beating Allen Flanigan's Ole Miss Rebels 91-77. This week, the Auburn Tigers will be back in Neville Arena for a much tougher test. 

The Alabama Crimson Tide will be coming to town looking to sweep Bruce Pearl's Auburn Tigers. Auburn will look to take down their biggest rival in front of the Jungle, securing another much-needed Quad 1 win. ESPN's metrics believe the Auburn Tigers will take care of business at home, giving them a 60% chance to win this game. 

Bruce Pearl had this to say about Johni Broome's performance against Ole Miss on Saturday, "I want to complement Johni Broome in a couple of ways," Pearl said. "I want to complement him in the first half because even though he didn't put up any dominating numbers in the first half and got in a little bit of foul trouble, his demeanor when Ole Miss was making shots and had the ability to run us out of the building, he didn't panic."

Alabama has been playing excellent basketball of late so it will be no easy task for the Tigers. This game will have a lot of implications on who will win the SEC Regular Season Title. 

• Like 2

The computers love AU, especially our defense and since we're still very high in Net rating, KenPom and ESPN BPI. I think the road losses (which included decent 2nd halves) and the 1st half at Ole Miss were valuable lessons for this team to hopefully become a force by tourney time. I just hope we don't peak too early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

The computers love AU, especially our defense and since we're still very high in Net rating, KenPom and ESPN BPI. I think the road losses (which included decent 2nd halves) and the 1st half at Ole Miss were valuable lessons for this team to hopefully become a force by tourney time. I just hope we don't peak too early. 

i am still waiting for someone to say i jinxed auburn. maybe they are waiting until after the game to bring the thunder if the worst happens?

15 minutes ago, BustemBigBlue said:

I see us winning by 10+. I think we have a pretty good chance to run the table at home. 

i hope you are right!. i would celebrate if we beat them at tiddly winks.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i hope you are right!. i would celebrate if we beat them at tiddly winks.

I really think we will but I’ve been wrong a lot lately. I thought we’d beat them at their place and I thought we’d probably lose to Ole Miss the other night on the road. I’m due a correct prediction lol. 

• Haha 1

Vegas has us a 3.5 point favorite.  We hit 20% of our 3's at their place, and surprisingly we were still in the game.  I don't think they can outshoot us on 3's by 17% again.  I like our chances in the rematch.