Women at Bama

Lost a tough one. Had close to complete control of the game heading into the 4th quarter up 52-42. The Lady Tigers saved their 3rd quarter collapse for the 4th quarter today. Lost 67-61. Gotta give it to them…when they collapse, they do it right. That’s right, a 25-9 4th quarter. Oh well, it’s who they are this season. But for them to be clicking like they were going into the 4th and it being at your biggest rival’s gym, it was the ultimate “Lucy pulling the football back from Charlie Brown,” fooling me into thinking there was hope when they ended the 3rd qtr with a flourish, when there was actually none all along. Would’ve been a 2nd NCAAT resume win for Johnnie had they pulled it off. 

• Sad 1

Yeah, it seems like we are headed for the WNIT after this. 5-7 in the league with 4 games left. LSU will be out for blood Thursday night. 

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Did we set the home attendance record Thursday?

No, we missed it by about 1,000, but we have two more home games left. 

Appeared to have lost composure in that last quarter.  Thought we were finally turning the corner, but this late game collapse indicates otherwise.  Surprised at the number of AU fans at the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Appeared to have lost composure in that last quarter.  Thought we were finally turning the corner, but this late game collapse indicates otherwise.  Surprised at the number of AU fans at the game.

Auburn took two buses of fans and students. We were well represented.

• Like 1

If someone cares to validate this, our two centers appear to have had zero rebounds in checking both the NCAA.com and ESPN box scores. Angel Reese had 20 

that cannot be real

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

our two centers appear to have had zero rebounds in checking both the NCAA.com and ESPN box scores. Angel Reese had 20 

I checked as well and Scott didn't have any rebounds. I don't think that Akinbolawa played last night. I watched some of the game last night and that's what stood out to me the most. I didn't see any offensive rebounds after we missed shots. I am surprised that we played them as close as we did. 

If Honesty had some additional help and/or we had a decent-good post player, our conference record would be alot better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tigger1985 said:

From the looks of the team it’s time to change coaches 

There has been steady progress. On the other hand, basketball isn't like football. Only five players start and eight makes a good number of regulars so fast turnarounds should be expected. I had hoped for more rapid progress but the team was a mess before Coach Harris took over three years ago. It was possibly in worse shape than the men's program before Bruce showed up.

• Like 1

Yes it was/ is a mess. I see missed layups and free throws. That’s practice and coaching. We have one really good player but nobody to help her. 

On 2/18/2024 at 7:50 PM, LPTiger said:

Did we set the home attendance record Thursday?

I’m assuming for the Arena…..

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

There has been steady progress. On the other hand, basketball isn't like football. Only five players start and eight makes a good number of regulars so fast turnarounds should be expected. I had hoped for more rapid progress but the team was a mess before Coach Harris took over three years ago. It was possibly in worse shape than the men's program before Bruce showed up.

The problem that JH runs into is that other programs, such as Vandy, Ms State, Ole Miss and others have shown much more progress in the same time frames or less. We invest too much to be a bottom tier SEC program.  

• Thanks 1

Won against TAMU 57-41. Glad to see other players step up as this was a must win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Won against TAMU 57-41. Glad to see other players step up as this was a must win. 

Big win, swept the Aggies this year I believe. A lot of the close losses have been disappointing, but I have seen enough this year to believe that we are on the right track. 

On 2/22/2024 at 10:23 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If someone cares to validate this, our two centers appear to have had zero rebounds in checking both the NCAA.com and ESPN box scores. Angel Reese had 20 

that cannot be real

According to the stats for the LSU game - that is correct.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:56 AM, TD1 said:

I checked as well and Scott didn't have any rebounds. I don't think that Akinbolawa played last night. I watched some of the game last night and that's what stood out to me the most. I didn't see any offensive rebounds after we missed shots. I am surprised that we played them as close as we did. 

If Honesty had some additional help and/or we had a decent-good post player, our conference record would be alot better. 

Akinbolawa has a broken thumb.

• Like 1