NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, can BP get us over the hump? How much longer can he hang his hat on  1 final 4.. I mean  South Carolina got to a final 4 few yrs ago. 

If we're being honest, this team had way more talent from top to bottom but not at the guard position (obviously). Just like the one in 2022 with Jabari and Walker. Until he rectifies that we won't get over the hump with Bruce. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

This was my entire message that year and the next (after keeping those sub par guards again) that got GWill to go on a crusade against my existence.

What can he do lol. I don't know why he would be mad at that

Just now, cole256 said:

What can he do lol. I don't know why he would be mad at that

I was apparently ruining his enjoyment of the season. And not appreciating a good but not great auburn team vs what we had in the past. Or some BS along those lines.

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And it was the same when jabari was here. That's what I blame Pearl at. He saw we were bad at guard and if the promise stuff was true as far as making it to the guys he brought in...... That's just very bad decision making

Exactly, it's the same story over and over again, which makes it weird because if its obvious to us you'd think it's obvious to him and his coaching staff. In his post game interview he said their weaknesses finally caught up with them. It's obvious he meant at guard. 

Edited by GTNupe11

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

If we're being honest, this team had way more talent from top to bottom but not at the guard position (obviously). Just like the one in 2022 with Jabari and Walker. Until he rectifies that we won't get over the hump with Bruce. 

I will have to hand it to Cole... Couple years ago, he predicted BP not offering Sears a scholly would haunt us for years to come. He was spot on

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Exactly, it's the same story over and over again, which makes it weird because if its obvious to us you'd think it's obvious to him and his coaching staff. In his post game interview he said their weaknesses finally caught up with them. It's obvious he meant at guard. 

He don’t have to tell the people who have been watching all year twice. If only they would have taken care of the ball. . I think in every loss there were high turnovers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I will have to hand it to Cole... Couple years ago, he predicted BP not offering Sears a scholly would haunt us for years to come. He was spot on

Imagine we have him this year and the year we had jabari..... Minimum sweet 16 if it goes well maybe a title. 

I said Mark was kd, zep, and my other guy in one player. People laughed at me. First time we didn't recruit him ok, we missed but to not get him after the Miami beat down.... Inexcusable

And even if it's not him ok fine but clearly we need PG help. Get somebody. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Lol....that's funny. You don't know what you're talking about. 

Yeah neither do you, fortunately. “March Madness is all about guard play.” Bout as banal as “defense wins championships”. Committee should just seed 1-16 based on the talent of the guards if your theory is correct. Oakland would have been a 2-3 and we would have been a 13-14. 

As has been said 500 times. Small guards that aren’t truly elite  consistent shooters are just too much of a defensive liability.  Won’t last 10 mins in the nba. Ask S Cooper. Has to be figured out. Tiresome problem.

Edited by auburnatl1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Ur two biggest examples of good guard play Bama and Tamu

Kentucky had 3 guards on the All-SEC 1st and 2nd team.

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nobody.  I'm satisfied with just getting to the tourney and winning a game once in a blue moon. Even if we get beat by a Saturday morning, knee brace wearing rec league team .  As long as we are revelant , I'm good. 

Great non answer . You have no idea. We agree. 

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

As has been said 500 times. Small guards that aren’t truly elite  consistent shooters are just too much of a defensive liability.  Won’t last 10 mins in the nba. Ask S Cooper. Has to be figured out. Tiresome problem.

BP seems to prefer smaller guard types. Can't remember him ever having a proto typical big, aggressive  guard

All this talk about wanting another coach and "getting over the hump"  I know we just lost a tough one. I'm depressed but Bruce is the best thing to happen to Auburn since Dye. 

In the past 7 years Auburn basketball has either won the regular season championship or tournament championship 4 times. You guys can be all high and mighty with your super lofty standards but that is getting over the hump to me.

We were the 6th most likely team to win it all this year by Vegas odds. Outside of KY,  UF has 2 national titles and Arky has 1. So if the hump is to win national titles or get fired we won't be keeping a coach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Great non answer . You have no idea. We agree. 

It wouldn't matter to u who I mentioned that could be better. Me and u just satisfied with being revelant . Just as long as we don't go back to empty arenas playing the early Jefferson Pilot game with Joe Dean on the call, we good

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's literally why, but how are you going to argue against something and you don't know?

Then every last one of you should have openly said we had no shot. And the discussion nationally and in here shouldn’t have been - “how did Auburn not get a 3 seed?” - it should have been “Auburn is lucky to be in the field”. Because we haven’t had good guard play in 5 years. 

But of course that isn’t what anybody said or thought because it isn’t an actual hard rule - it’s people trying to do an oversimplified autopsy.

There’s a reason a ton of pundits picked us for the final 4, all season long. We had the talent to go. As we had in previous years. We just didn’t perform.

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Imagine we have him this year and the year we had jabari..... Minimum sweet 16 if it goes well maybe a title. 

I said Mark was kd, zep, and my other guy in one player. People laughed at me. First time we didn't recruit him ok, we missed but to not get him after the Miami beat down.... Inexcusable

And even if it's not him ok fine but clearly we need PG help. Get somebody. 

You didn't have to add Jabari, which no chance he would have been here this long. Just put Mark on this team and we have a shot at the title.

• Like 2

Just now, AUght2win said:

Then every last one of you should have openly said we had no shot. And the discussion nationally and in here shouldn’t have been - “how did Auburn not get a 3 seed?” - it should have been “Auburn is lucky to be in the field”. Because we haven’t had good guard play in 5 years. 

But of course that isn’t what anybody said or thought because it isn’t an actual hard rule - it’s people trying to do an oversimplified autopsy.

There’s a reason a ton of pundits picked us for the final 4, all season long. We had the talent to go. As we had in previous years. We just didn’t perform.

You are so funny. You clearly don't know anything about basketball but yet you want to argue something that is so damn dumb to argue ...

As far as your nobody didn't say, I actually did. Which is also why I know you don't ever be in here because you don't even watch it. But I have been speaking on the guard play. I have literally called the last 5 or 6 years to a tee. No money morning quarterbacking either. Start of the season and before tourney time 

But even minus that just because someone points out guard play doesn't mean they are saying we have more guards so we automatically win.... That's just you doing your typical adding words that wasn't used to try to manipulate a point you can't make.

You don't want to try that here though....I promise you that

18 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah neither do you, fortunately. “March Madness is all about guard play.” Bout as banal as “defense wins championships”. Committee should just seed 1-16 based on the talent of the guards if your theory is correct. Oakland would have been a 2-3 and we would have been a 13-14. 

You do realize the more you keep posting on this topic the more ridiculous you sound?

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Key is good, experienced guards

Exactly. And look at how the guards he's referencing performed yesterday..... Trust me a guy coming into a basketball thread trying to argue that guard play isn't real doesn't know a thing about college basketball. 

That's like saying d line doesn't matter in football and the SEC isn't known for having different type of athletes at the d line. Some stuff doesn't have to be argued, it's obvious.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

You didn't have to add Jabari, which no chance he would have been here this long. Just put Mark on this team and we have a shot at the title.

I agree, I was saying if we had Mark the year jabari was here as well. I think we were a PG away that year as well. Just needed someone who would be smart enough to pass the ball and not turnover

14 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BP seems to prefer smaller guard types. Can't remember him ever having a proto typical big, aggressive  guard

Probably mustapha heron. 

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Exactly. And look at how the guards he's referencing performed yesterday..... Trust me a guy coming into a basketball thread trying to argue that guard play isn't real doesn't know a thing about college basketball. 

That's like saying d line doesn't matter in football and the SEC isn't known for having different type of athletes at the d line. Some stuff doesn't have to be argued, it's obvious.

I dont know why exactly but guard play or the lack there of is more magnified in the tourney vs the regular season.