NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

Gtfoh, there's no these guys should be doctors and these guys should be working class or just good at sports. Athletes are smart just like anybody else

And you can say it's not money but kids that grow up getting the best schools, the best funding, the best teachers are going to generally make the best grades. That's not rocket science

It will be okay. You guys are going into geopolitics now to console yourself about a loss? They loss to a better team, at least for that day. Skin color, SES doesn't matter. Anyone can get beaten at any given day if you don't play up to your potential. Everything else is irrelevant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think if there is anything this tournament has reminded me of - athleticism, size, speed,  ect are major individual attributes that matter.  It is the fixation culture of the SEC (could be a football thing). But watching all these games today,  one (obvious) thing sticks out more than anything  else, the great teams have shooters. True knock down shooters. It completely supersedes any other attribute.

Its how a Yale beats an Auburn. Pretty simple.

And discipline and pose.

I think, at the very least in college basketball, another thing that is getting exposed his coaches who are major recruiters (who use to get away with players just being better with athletes) getting exposed. Now with the NIL, talent can go across the board, but one obvious I am seeing is the mid majors and the non blue bloods stocking up on older mature guys as well. You are seeing teams go deeper who have those guys, with the additional benefit of playing longer together and it really shows on the floor. I hate to say it, but it was more than just shooting that got Yale by us. Take that as you want.

Edited by DAG
For clarification: Please do not take this as talent does not matter. It does!
  • Like 2

Slept on it and still pissed. Yale put it to us and refused to lose. Congrats to them. It’s easy to vent and blame certain players and/or Pearl. These guys and Pearl are the ones that put in endless hours to give us the fun season we enjoyed. There is enough blame to go around the team  and staff. Bruce and the team showed class accepting responsibility, giving Yale props and not making excuses. In the age of NOT accepting accountability THANK YOU Bruce & team. Please lay off Chad. He made a mistake but that level of intensity and fire is what makes him the player he is. Without him we probably don’t win the SECT and certainly would not have the record we enjoyed this year. On to the portal !

War Damn Eagle !

Thanks Bruce & Team

• Like 2

Just wondering, but what should the discourse in this thread be for a game that ended 2 days ago and a season that is completely over? Should we say Chad lost us the game another 20 times or that our guards stink again?

I would think virtually any subject, as long as it isn't contentious, should be valid 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby