CTT Interview

DKW 86

Urinal and Constipation

Tommy Tuberville, whose Auburn Tigers are coming off a 63-3 stampede over Ball State, spoke Monday at the Touchdown Club of Atlanta luncheon. "I'm happy to be back with a new contract," said Tuberville, who last season talked about applying for a job as a Wal-Mart greeter before the Tigers' 13-0 season. Tuberville, a playoff advocate who'll speak before a congressional sub-committee on the BCS in a few weeks, sat down with reporter D. Orlando Ledbetter and shared his thoughts on surprising Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech-Virginia Tech and more.

Q: So, how 'bout them Commodores?

A: There was a standing ovation in Jordan-Hare Stadium when they announced the Vanderbilt score. Everybody is pulling for them. I wouldn't want to play them right now because I think the officials are on their side, too.

Q: How do you assess the professional starts of your two former running backs, Ronnie Brown (Miami) and Carnell "Cadillac" Williams (Tampa Bay)?

A: Carnell was always a fast starter. Ronnie was always a guy that was solid and hung in there every week. Both of them are going to be great players in the NFL.

Q: How'd you get invited to appear before a congressional sub-committee on what to do about the BCS?

A: I'm sure Tom Osborne is involved. They are trying to find a way to see what's best for college football. They've called me and asked me my opinion. There should be something done about it. It's really not right the way, how it's handled.

Q: What are you going to say?

A: I'm going to put my hand on that book and tell them what I think. [Congress has] a whole bunch of problems right now. They might as well throw ours on in there with the rest of them.

Q: You opened this season with Georgia Tech and finished the last one with Virginia Tech. How do those two match up this weekend?

A: Two great defenses. Georgia Tech does a great job with their defense. It's going to be a defensive battle. It's going to be one those 17-14 games.

Q: What did you learn about your team from the Georgia Tech loss?

A: When you have a backward step at the beginning of the season, sometimes you find out more about your football team than you do when you win. This is going to be a good team.

Q: How has the play of your quarterback improved since Week 1?

A: Brandon Cox is going to be an All-American. He's as good as [anyone] I've ever been around.

Q: Had a chance to see many SEC teams play this season?

A: The SEC is going to be very interesting. I had an opportunity to finish up early last week and watch some games. I saw a lot of different things that I haven't seen in the SEC in few years. New offenses. Different philosophies. So it's going to be fun to watch and see how this thing pans out.

Q: Can Auburn remain king of the SEC West?

A: We've won it four of the last five times. I wouldn't count us out quite yet.

Winning outright or tied, he is correct.

Our local sports talk dweeb loves to find anything he can to rip CTT about. He was harping on this interview this morning saying "How can he say BC is going to be an All-American?" he went on and on about putting pressure on the kid and how CTT's always shooting off at the mouth.

Funny thing though. I think he's interviewed CTT once since he's been our coach and he sure didn't have the guts to even ask a tough question. It was all about puckering up and placing his lips firmly upon the backside of Coach Tommy Tuberville.

I also remember more than a few of the football gurus chuckled when Coach Tuberville stated that "We will win a MNC @ AU". Well, but for the BCS idiots, he was 100% correct. :au:

The man knows what he is talking about when the subject is SEC Football. :sec:

I also remember more than a few of the football gurus chuckled when Coach Tuberville stated that "We will win a MNC @ AU". Well, but for the BCS idiots, he was 100% correct. :au:

The man knows what he is talking about when the subject is SEC Football. :sec:

182818[/snapback]

Exactly!! Even though the B(S)CS didn't name us MNC I believe that CTT lived up to his prediction last year, and will hopefully do it again. I also am very impressed with BC this year and fell he will have a VERY brigt future.

Jason Campbell should have been an All-American, and when all is said and done, I think Brandon could turn out to be as good a college QB as he was. Dare I say even better?

Jason Campbell should have been an All-American, and when all is said and done, I think Brandon could turn out to be as good a college QB as he was. Dare I say even better?

182871[/snapback]

I agree. Brandon is going to be great....unless (and this is what killed Jason's faster development) he has to change offensive coordinators every year. Hopefully we're done with that coaching turnstyle for a little longer, though.

Its hard to imagine how good Jason Campbell could have been if he had been under Borges from the time he first came to AU.

If all continues to go well, Brandon Cox will have the advantage of being under Borges multiple years.

The common theme relating to AU football from typical radio commentators is somewhat like the media bashing of Republicans. Auburn football and Republicans can do nothing right. Alabama and the Democrats can do nothing wrong. Hillary will be the next president and UA will soon have another MNC.

Archived