Future UA games

Streyeder

Next year there are no off weeks:

September 2, Hawaii (the first game in remodeled and expanded Bryant-Denny Stadium);

September 9, Vanderbilt;

September 16, Louisiana-Monroe;

September 23, at Arkansas;

September 30, at Florida;

October 7, Duke;

October 14, Ole Miss;

October 21, at Tennessee;

October 28, Florida International (homecoming);

November 4, Mississippi State;

November 11, at LSU;

November 18, Auburn.

Others:

The Crimson Tide completed its 2006 schedule with the addition of Duke on October 7. That had been expected, just as was the announcement that the return game would not come in 2007 or necessarily be played at Duke. The return game will be on September 18, 2010, at a site to be determined. Moore suggested it might be played at the Carolina Panthers’ stadium in Charlotte. rather than in Durham where Duke is located.

Moore also announced upcoming games with Penn State and Georgia Tech.

“We will host Penn State on September 11, 2010, and return the game to University Park on September 10, 2011,” Moore said.

He said the Georgia Tech series will begin in Tuscaloosa on September 15, 2012, and be returned to Atlanta on September 13, 2014.

There has been talk between Moore and Florida State athletics director Dave Hart regarding a 2007 game between Bama and FSU in Jacksonville, and Moore said there could be an announcement about that game “within the next week or so.” The commissioners of the Southeastern Conference and ACC and their television partners, CBS and ABC, are in discussions about that neutral site game.

Moore said he had talked to many schools about future games. He named Army, Navy, Indiana, Northwestern Wake Forest, New Mexico, New Mexico State. He was asked, “How about Southern Cal?” And he said he had, indeed, talked to Southern Cal.

http://alabama.scout.com/2/441445.html

You have to agree that these will make for some fun road trips. Hopefully I can arrange things to go to a couple. :)

thats gonna hurt, no off weeks.

182873[/snapback]

Yep, and we're in the same boat. During the PPV Broadcast of the Ball State Game, there was an interview with Jacobs, who said that we would play 12 straight next year as well.

September 9, Vanderbilt

October 7, Duke;

October 28, Florida International (homecoming);

just like off weeks really but 12 straight does suck for both sides.

Heck, I count 4 off weeks; 9/9 (Cutler will be gone so :vandy: becomes :vandy: again), 9/16 UL-M, 10/7 Duke, 10/28 FIU.

Cry me a river!

5 -- you forgot about Hawaii.

182884[/snapback]

I doubt they count that as an off week. Most other teams would, but don't you remember what happened last time the two met?

Didn't uat lose to HAWAII the last TWO times they have "played"?

Didn't uat lose to HAWAII  the last TWO times they have "played"?

182899[/snapback]

No, just the last time. Bama beat them in 2002 & lost in 2003.

hey strey or jay (or bs or anybody):

what are they doing to bryant-denney?

they added the other upper deck while i was there, and perhaps the big 'tron, but i wasn't aware of any other additions. i hope this doesn't wipe out anymore of the soriety houses around the stadium. i think that's a great feature of that part of campus.

ct

they added the other upper deck while i was there, and perhaps the big 'tron, but i wasn't aware of any other additions.  i hope this doesn't wipe out anymore of the soriety houses around the stadium. i think that's a great feature of that part of campus.

ct

182907[/snapback]

They are closing in the north endzone. Making the capacity approx. 91,000. The north end zone addition will also have skyboxes, upper deck seating & courtyard.

they added the other upper deck while i was there, and perhaps the big 'tron, but i wasn't aware of any other additions.  i hope this doesn't wipe out anymore of the soriety houses around the stadium. i think that's a great feature of that part of campus.

ct

182907[/snapback]

They are closing in the north endzone. Making the capacity approx. 91,000. The north end zone addition will also have skyboxes, upper deck seating & courtyard.

182911[/snapback]

ok...help me out here with my math:

the north endzone is the one NOT facing the graveyard and bryant drive, right?

isn't that going to make it more difficult for the guys in the frat house right there to hit golf balls into the stadium now?

Don't forget Arkansas... that's like 6 off weeks. They stand no chance at a NC with that schedule even if they go 13-0 with an SEC Championship.

182930[/snapback]

wait, you do remember you are talking about UA, not AU right... that makes it different.. :P

:poke:

2004, Y'all got SCREWED... i know.... i already said that a long time ago

ct

182907[/snapback]

182911[/snapback]

In other words, catching up with Auburn....again :big:

Adding a 12th game without lengthening the season is one of the dumbest ideas I've heard lately. Many teams, not just UAT, are going to be in the same boat, and injuries are going up for sure! I think any coach will tell you just how important it is to have a break somewhere through the regular season just to let tired limbs rest & heal a little.

Meanwhile, (in the dead horse department)...a playoff system in January for just 2-4 teams is a dangerous extention of the season? <_<

Archived