This Is Ole Miss Football

DKW 86

For what it's worth, SI had Wyoming in their preseason top 25...

Hate to admit it but the SEC West is dragging right now. Auburn and Ark both get embarrassed on national TV, now Ole Miss falls to Wyoming...not good. :no:

For what it's worth, SI had Wyoming in their preseason top 25...

Hate to admit it but the SEC West is dragging right now.  Auburn and Ark both get embarrassed on national TV, now Ole Miss falls to Wyoming...not good.  :no:

183626[/snapback]

Wait, did I miss something? Auburn got embarrassed on national television? What game were you watching?

Really didn't mean to get offtopic here but I'm not going to sugar coat it or anything. It was painful to watch...I was there. We gave them 6 turnovers and they only beat us by 9. We've got a ton of new guys that we have to get quality experience to...and it's going to cost us. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not dogging any of our players. Cox is going to be awesome and we have talent at RB, just need to decide on one...

Really didn't mean to get offtopic here but I'm not going to sugar coat it or anything.  It was painful to watch...I was there.  We gave them 6 turnovers and they only beat us by 9.  We've got a ton of new guys that we have to get quality experience to...and it's going to cost us.  Don't get me wrong though, I'm not dogging any of our players.  Cox is going to be awesome and we have talent at RB, just need to decide on one...

183629[/snapback]

You don't have to sugarcoat anything. To say that Auburn embarrassed ourselves is craziness though. New qb, new rb's who had little to none experience at all. We lost - it was painful to watch - we had 6 turnover's...but we did not embarrass ourselves. Not in the least bit.

Ok, it was a poor performance then...

But still, Vandy has now beaten 2 SEC West teams. I could've just said that and gotten my point across about the West. :blink::P

Ok, it was a poor performance then...

But still, Vandy has now beaten 2 SEC West teams.  I could've just said that and gotten my point across about the West.  :blink:   :P

183633[/snapback]

:thumbsup:B)

pretty funny stuff  :P

183636[/snapback]

It is funny stuff. Quotes from the ole miss 'faithful' like "This hire was a joke, people..." just make my weekend complete.

This couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of losers!!

five turnovers and eleven penalities, I call that embarassing. We looked out of sink and unprepared against GT on National TV. By the way, GT took it on the chin yesterday against VT. 51 points allowed. The SEC is looking down, especially the WEST Division. The Big 10, ACC, and possibly the PAC-10 look better at this point. LSU may emerge as the class of the SEC based on what I have seen to date.

I don't remember a year in the SEC West when there was such a wide gap between the "haves" (Auburn, LSU, Alabama) and the "have-nots" (Arkansas, Ole Miss, MSU)...Georgia has a distinct advantage in opposite division opponents this year because they don't play either of LSU or Alabama.

Wyoming is a slightly above average team...Ole Miss losing to them at home isn't a complete disgrace, but it shows just how much they've fallen since Eli left.

Southlink, I think it is still too early to rank these teams. I think for now the polls are still basing the rankings on preseason analysis of who Should be good. Just too many young QBs are hurting teams with otherwise very good talent. VT and So Cal look like the real deal while everybody else is searching for chemistry, stability, or etc.

LSU has played one game and the pass D looked like a big weakness. UGA looked like a work in progress against USC. UF beat UT but neither looked very polished. The Big 10 (and maybe the ACC to some extent) currently just looks stronger to me. Anyway, just MY opinion.

UGA looked like a work in progress against USC.

We beat a decently solid team that we struggle with every year. I don't see the big deal. In 2002, we didnt even score an offensive TD yet won 13-6 and that year USC didnt even make it to a bowl game.

In addition, we are 4 weeks into the season. I think the polls can make a pretty good idea who is and isn't over-rated or not.

Archived