Forget Cox Vs Brodie, How About......

bammanmr

Since it's obvious that our 'new' starter is outpacing the great 'broadway brodie', myabe we should be comparing brodie to our backup and his performances........ :P:P

Blake Field 13 out of 22 for 200 yd. and 3 TD and 0 sacks

Brodie 13 out of 27 for 173 yd. and 2 TD with 3 sacks

I don't think competition against a Division IAA is appropriate. Blake did well but the level of competition was marginal at best. AU should be ashamed of playing these schools. Hopefully we will get beyond this foolishness and play football.

I don't think competition against a Division IAA is appropriate. Blake did well but the level of competition was marginal at best. AU should be ashamed of playing these schools. Hopefully we will get beyond this foolishness and play football.

183690[/snapback]

Yeah because it's Auburn's fault that Southern Miss backed out on us.

moe, its our fault to let them out of the contract without finding a suitable team. Go back and read how we said Okay, and then WE took it upon ourselves to book a Division IAA. I also believe that somewhere on this board, numerous games were listed as alternatives. I think it IS our fault.

Wait. Why did you guys stop comparing Cox to Croyle, and move onto your backups? Croyle's putting up better numbers than Cox still.

Cox, 50/81, 715 yards, 5 TD's, 4 INT's, 90.3 rating

Croyle, 62/109, 828 yards, 6 TD's, 2 INT', 91.8 rating

Cox didn't play yesterday....of course Croyle's numbers are better.

183742[/snapback]

Funny thing is, one game out, Cox is almost tied in every category. Regardless, the stats dont matter to me...its the W I care about.

Both are great quarterbacks, but I think as a sophmore starting his first season..Cox is much farther along than Croyle during the time he was a sophmore.

Guest Tigrinum Major
moe, its our fault to let them out of the contract without finding a suitable team. Go back and read how we said Okay, and then WE took it upon ourselves to book a Division IAA. I also believe that somewhere on this board, numerous games were listed as alternatives. I think it IS our fault.

183728[/snapback]

Ed Richardson awaits your resume' as Jay Jacobs' replacement.

183690[/snapback]

Western Kentucky could beat around 20% or more of the D1 schools............Yes they are a D1AA but they're number one for a reason.........yall remember last year, Maine beating :msu: Maine also gave Nebraska a run for their money this year. Don't forget about UCDavis beating Stanford this year also. There is so much paritiy (sp?) in College football today, it all started to come around only a few years ago, now anyone can be beaten on any given Thur., Fri., Sat., Sun., Mon., even the Mighty bammers will be beaten 3-5 times this year.

Western Kentucky!!!! I hope nobody else outside is visiting this board and sees us trying to justify playing a VERY GOOD Division IAA team. Have we lost our minds. I seriously doubt if Western Kentucky would beat ANY SEC team or other major conference team. Let me know when they beat a BCS conference team.

Western Kentucky!!!!  I hope nobody else outside is visiting this board and sees us trying to justify playing a VERY GOOD Division IAA team. Have we lost our minds. I seriously doubt if Western Kentucky would beat ANY SEC team or other major conference team. Let me know when they beat a BCS conference team.

183810[/snapback]

Redshirt Freshman!!!!!

First start ever!!!!!

Knew only an hour before kick-off!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major
Western Kentucky!!!!  I hope nobody else outside is visiting this board and sees us trying to justify playing a VERY GOOD Division IAA team. Have we lost our minds. I seriously doubt if Western Kentucky would beat ANY SEC team or other major conference team. Let me know when they beat a BCS conference team.

183810[/snapback]

We are not justifying playing this team, but you seem to be unable to grasp the circumstances surrounding how the game came to be (multiple cancellations and refusals from quality opponents) and the circumstances surrounding the game.

On the outside looking in, would I be satisfied with 37-14 if I did not know the entire story? No. But I have the ability to look at things objectively and see the following facts:

QB situation, already discussed.

Vanilla gameplan, both offense and defense.

Three field goals after deep drives. In case you were asleep the rest of the season, we had only attempted one FG before Saturday. The special teams needed some work.

We punted three times. With a RS freshman QB, making his first start, finding out an hour before the game.

The negativity of some people amazes me. You knew this game was on the schedule at least six months ago. That was the time to cpomplain about it, not when the score turns out to be less than what you wanted.

Western Kentucky!!!!   I hope nobody else outside is visiting this board and sees us trying to justify playing a VERY GOOD Division IAA team. Have we lost our minds. I seriously doubt if Western Kentucky would beat ANY SEC team or other major conference team. Let me know when they beat a BCS conference team.

183810[/snapback]

We are not justifying playing this team, but you seem to be unable to grasp the circumstances surrounding how the game came to be (multiple cancellations and refusals from quality opponents) and the circumstances surrounding the game.

On the outside looking in, would I be satisfied with 37-14 if I did not know the entire story? No. But I have the ability to look at things objectively and see the following facts:

QB situation, already discussed.

Vanilla gameplan, both offense and defense.

Three field goals after deep drives. In case you were asleep the rest of the season, we had only attempted one FG before Saturday. The special teams needed some work.

We punted three times. With a RS freshman QB, making his first start, finding out an hour before the game.

The negativity of some people amazes me. You knew this game was on the schedule at least six months ago. That was the time to cpomplain about it, not when the score turns out to be less than what you wanted.

183832[/snapback]

Score? I could care less. It is another "W". Bring on stephonous maximus! :au:

183728[/snapback]

We let them out because of CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT!!! It's not like SoMiss said, Hmmm.... we don't wanna play AU. They had NO choice. Auburn's hands were tied on this one. Unless you want all of C-USA pissed at AU Jay Jacobs had no choice.

Unbelievable.

And about the teams with open dates...

Auburn tried to get a game with Fresno State. Fresno was on board. Auburn was on board. Everything was peachy-keen except for the date. Auburn had to shuffle its schedule around to land Fresno State. They tried.

To do so, South Carolina and Kentucky had to comply with Auburn's request to do a three game shuffle. USC agreed. Kentucky REFUSED... (Moving the game would've resulted in a UK football game coinciding with the opening weekend of Keeneland (local horse racing track). UK wouldn't draw anyone.

If anyone is to blame for us playing WKU, its :uk: NOT Jay Jacobs.

I always love how Auburn get attacked for playing Schools like Western Kentucky, but when USC plays the Jr Varsity Squad of Hoover high School every week, you get to here how "USC could play three teams at once and win by 49 points", "Matt Leinart can fly", and "Reggie Bush could out run a Train with one broken leg and pulling a truck".....its just funny to me

I always love how Auburn get attacked for playing Schools like Western Kentucky, but when USC plays the Jr Varsity Squad of Hoover high School every week, you get to here how "USC could play three teams at once and win by 49 points", "Matt Leinart can fly", and "Reggie Bush could out run a Train with one broken leg and pulling a truck".....its just funny to me

183850[/snapback]

hey actually a rational post by awk :P

I agree 100%

Archived