Pay per View

firenutt

The 1,000 seats remaining are the "Premier" club level seats (behind glass). These are $160 a game and in most cases only sold in season packages. These are aimed at blue haired donors. They are air conditioned social areas where you can wine and dine with the movers and shakers of Northwest Arkansas. About 10% or so of Razorback stadium is this type of seating. This does not include the Luxury Boxes either. So, I say all of this to make two points. First, these seats taken or not (and they will be taken) have no impact on the Stadium atmosphere. Never have and never will. Second, Broyles is a jerk. That is the bottom line as to why you guys can not have pay per view. Rather than blue hairs watch pay per view for $30 he wants the full $160. Any seats that would have an impact on atmosphere and such are always sold out.

The problem with this is that we offered to buy all 1000 seats and pay all production costs.

It is easy for me to sit here and say that AU should never help Arky out. Offer games @ JH on PPV for Alabama only.

Make the Sunday baseball game start as late as possible instead of 10:30 like we do, but that is not fair to the Arky student athletes nor the Arky fans.

One point that I have heard that has not been mentioned is that with the current SEC TV contract, any game on PPV is available for ESPN gameplan.

Rick Shaffer (an arky radio guy) relayed this info this morning on the radio in Mobile.

I mainly brought it up to do two things. Expose Broyles for being the jerk he is and to quiet the people on here who say "Pigs can't sell out their stadium". It has nothing to do with not being able to sell it out. I have not missed a game in 18 years but I tell you what, the first time my wife and I have to pay $160 a ticket, I will be at home. These seats are marketed towards a class I do not belong in. Who wants to sit behind glass anyway? The stadium seats are always sold out! What goes on behind the glass I am ignorant too.

The 1,000 seats remaining

MEans that not all tickets are sold.

As an 18 year season ticket holder, what response did you get from Broyles when you complained about him blocking the PPV?

I guess Wal-Mart stock has been taking a dip lately

What do they call their premium seating - "Sam's Club" seats?

I'm suprised the price isn't $158.88.

Maybe Broyles needs to do a "rollback"? (Where's that little smiley-face guy?)

I stopped writing letters about 10 years ago. The man is almost 90 and has been coaching and running our program since the very early 60's. Only Wal-Mart tells Broyles what to do. I do not care that he is not showing it on PPV because I attend the games myself. With that said, if I was in his position I would give PPV a thumbs up. It would be the right thing to do.

Only Wal-Mart tells Broyles what to do.

188442[/snapback]

So maybe he has an exclusive with Wal-Mart's closed-circuit tv network?

Forget watching it at Touchdown's or Buffalo's - I'm heading to the beer aisle at the Supercenter!

Northwest ark "movers & shakers"? :blink:

I am amazed there is enough combined brain power there to get 'em to the stadium! B)

I stopped writing letters about 10 years ago. The man is almost 90 and has been coaching and running our program since the very early 60's. Only Wal-Mart tells Broyles what to do. I do not care that he is not showing it on PPV because I attend the games myself. With that said, if I was in his position I would give PPV a thumbs up. It would be the right thing to do.

188442[/snapback]

You mean "ruining" your program? :D

Even Finebaum was talking about how stupid it was Of the AD not to televise the game, after all Auburn had done for their school.........

And the thing is, Auburn has too much class to ever do a "payback" next time the Head Pork Rind asks US for a favor. So he goes unpunished for acting like a big fat hole. :moon:

Archived