AU Network coverage inhales

DKW 86

There is no excuse for not being able to hear an :au: game in HSV, or Decatur, AL.

We need more/better affiliates.

Well, when AU went to free net broadcasts, some marginal radio broadcasts became less so. Then they dropped AU broadcasts. The one I used to listen to was Tullahoma, Tennessee. Once these stations dropped the broadcasts, then AU (as I'm sure was planned all along) announces it will charge for the webcasts. That's the AU Spirit!

Now it is more difficult for fans in the Southeast recruiting region to listen to the games not shown on TV. Therefore recruits considering both AU and Arkieville, were not able to listen to the Arkie fans boo their players. Without that little bit of information, they might make the mistake of going to Arkieville rather than AU.

The pay for listen netcasts also alienate many AU fans.

I used to work for a construction company, and I developed a saying from my experience there that I believe applies to AU now. "They're gonna save a nickel no matter how much it costs!"

I agree David. WVNN AM 770 carries the games, but while I was listening Satuday night, they apparently lowered their power, as most AM stations do at night, at about 6:15. I could barely hear it! But, after scanning some FM stations, I was able to pick the game up clear as a bell from a Cullman station. I don't know the station number for sure, because I never caught it being called out, but it is in the low 90s range if you ever need it again.

I'm glad you are talking about their geographic coverage and not the actual game coverage. I enjoy listening to the AUNetwork each week and thought they did a great job again this week.

You can barely hear it in North Shelby County. I have complained about this for years but THEY DON'T CARE!!! IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

You can barely hear it in North Shelby County.  I have complained about this for years but THEY DON'T CARE!!!  IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY!!!

189728[/snapback]

Hmmm i was real close to you and I picked it up :huh:

Points, north and east of Huntsville , also should be able to pick up 95.9

out of Guntersville/Boaz. When the power dropped at sunset it was like being in

Mexico, nothing but Spanish, and :uga: / :vandy: game. The Aztecs were beating the Inca's.

Also a boom box or car radio will pick up better.

Archived