feedback

gr82b4lsu

How confident are Auburn fans feeling about this Sat Nite? Most LSU fans concerned with the turnover problems. I hope this is not gonna be a problem this Sat., other than that I think it will be a great matchup and a close game.

One team wins; the other loses. Either team could win or lose. How does the ball bounce? Will a 100 yd. kick return be called back due to penalty?

I feel that we have an even or better chance to win. I think 6.5 points are too many to spot us.

LSU will blitz to shake Cox. Will they get through or will he have time to throw?

LSU is not hitting on all cylinders. Will they start this Sat. night? If so, it will be tougher to win.

I'm picking AU.

WAR EAGLE!

I'll be the first to tell you I'm nervous. If yall turn it over a bunch, I think we come out with the W. If yall play like you're capable of playing, lights out D and consistent O, then it could be a long night for us. I was very impressed but also very disappointed with the UT game. Had Miles not lost his mind at halftime, UT heads back to Knoxville with a sore rear end.

How confident are Auburn fans feeling about this Sat Nite? Most LSU fans concerned with the turnover problems. I hope this is not gonna be a problem this Sat., other than that I think it will be a great matchup and a close game.

189740[/snapback]

Our side has the same concerns...if we play like we did in the 2nd half against Arky, we have a good chance...if we play like we did in the first half, we'll need all of those LS_Who TO's, and more....

:au::homer:

Even in 2003, when we were struggling with our offensive coordinator and looking inept in many games, I still had confidence going in to every game because of guys like Caddy and Ronnie, Jason etc. I always thought we could put it together and beat anyone in the nation on a given Saturday with that talent. Add Borges and that missing piece was in place for 2004.

With this team, I just don't know. It was great to see Irons step up with 180 but guess what, he'd lost his starting position going in. As noted earlier, we looked like Southern friggin' Cal in the second half but we looked more like South friggin' Carolina in the first. The competition to this point just hasn't turned out to be very tough so I can't get a feel for what to expect from this bunch. By this time last year, we'd played both LSU and Tennessee. We knew what we were all about and what type of identity that team had.

Not trying to be negative. I think we definitely have the talent to take it to LSU and anyone in the country, but I'm just a little reserved until we actually strap it on this weekend and see what we've got.

I think one of the keys to who wins is Auburn being able to stay out of 3rd and long situations. This has been a problem all year. Look at the Arky game and the number of 3rd and long situations in the 1st half compared to the 2nd half and you see the picture. On 3rd and long, LSU will blitz like crazy and we all know that means three things can happen and two of 'em are bad.

I believe Louisiana State University is way over-rated. They haven't played two halves of football in the same night all year and lost to a Tennessee team that is just pathetic.

Our players will outplay them and our coaches will outcoach them. It's that simple. I'm looking for a half-empty stadium by halftime. It's just Louisiana State University people.

I think one of the keys to who wins is Auburn being able to stay out of 3rd and long situations. This has been a problem all year. Look at the Arky game and the number of 3rd and long situations in the 1st half compared to the 2nd half and you see the picture. On 3rd and long, LSU will blitz like crazy and we all know that means three things can happen and two of 'em are bad.

189758[/snapback]

Where 3rd and longs are bad, we have been good at them...1st in the SEC, converting 50.7% . I do agree that we will see LSU blitzing alot ala Tech and Arky, but Cox, the OL, and coaches did a wonderful job of adjusting against Arky. That was a big learning experience for Cox, IMO. I think we will be more prepared for that type of scheme come Saturday. In the first half (which I did get watch via satellite), I was yelling for Borges to put BC in a shotgun a RB or two helping with protection. The few times we did BC hit Aromodshadu on the quick slant and the pressure did not get there. A couple of times he had to look to the 2nd even 3rd option, but b/c of the shotgun had that little extra time to throw it. But he still took some hits let me tell ya. He got hit as he was throwing hit several times, but he stood in there like a poised QB.

I really don't know what to expect. I don't ever really go into games thinking we'll get killed or lose, because you really never know what can happen. I do think that if LSU plays like they did the first half against TN then we need to be sure you we bring it too, as during that half I was saying to myself, now they really do look like a national championship team....I came home from doing some stuff that night and the game was no longer in control and of course eventually TN won. As far as Auburn goes, we can't afford to get behind by much, really not at all. If we play like we did against South Carolina and Arkansas in the 2nd half we'll be fine. I really don't know what to expect, but of course the history of this series tells us that that is true and really anything can happen. but I am hoping :au: will pull out the win (and upset I guess) and then we can continue to focus on one game at a time and hopefully be able to play GA undefeated and Bama when they are undefeated and ruin a few seasons....but one game at a time and this week it's a big one......War Eagle!!!

I'm concerned that, without Lester, we may not have a RB that will block....If we do develop one this week, you blitz----you pay.........

lsu has shown that they can be beaten and has had spurts of poor play....

AU has shown that they can be beaten and has had spurts of poor play....

Both have had spurts of winning football......

AU wins by 17 - 16..........

Money makers will be Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Tums, Pepcid, maybe some heart pills....

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm concerned that, without Lester, we may not have a RB that will block....If we do develop one this week, you blitz----you pay.........

189820[/snapback]

I think that everyone is getting hung up on the "Irons isn't a good blocker" thing. That was early season. That was why he did not play much against GA Tech. I think he must have corrected this deficiency or he wouldn't be rushing for the highest one game total of any SEC back this season.

And I think that Carl and Tre will do just as well when they are in the game.

Honstly LSU is very capable of beating Auburn, I had this game down as a loss going into the season.

Though I have noticed alot of the same things out of Miles with LSU that he did at Oklahoma State and Pellini's defense has shown the same problems that it did at Nebraska and Oklahoma over the past two years.

Is a part of me that wonders if this will be the wheels fall off the wagon from the start game for Miles. He has always had one of those in big conference games to go along with his choke, which we already have seen this year.

I don't like the fly in thing we are doing, it messes up routine. Though it might be a smart thing also, if you remember this isn't the first disaster area Tuberville has taken a team into. He took Auburn to Syracuse a week after 9/11.

LSU win by 3-7, or Auburn wins it in a blowout.

It's in LSU's hands.

If they play with all those penalties and turnovers that they've put up lately, Auburn has a chance.

If Miles can settle them down and they play to their talent level, it's going to be a long night for Auburn.

Auburn will fight hard, but I think the home team takes it if all else is equal.

This game will be won up front, in the trenches. Keys for Auburn on offense will be can they dominate a front like LSU's and run the ball with consistency. Defensively, can we play contain and get off the field on 3rd down? Skyler Green is scary as a return man, but hopefully Hillis and McFadden gave us just enough of a tune up.

Good call on the big uglies in the trench being a big factor in this one, L'ill aubie. LSU has a solid, well rounded team and if their entire team plays just average, our linebackers and/or secondary will have to stop their QB and/or WRs for us to win. Interesting to see what (if anything) the running games will accomplish in this game. I predict LOW rushing yards for both sides, but AU wins the battle of the OCs in a game when that will be important. AU NEEDS to go out early or at least hold LSU to low points early. Look for AU's TEs to play a major role again and the kicking games are critical. AU: 32-20.

Archived