Frankly, I am not that disappointed

jared52

I am breaking my rule of posting right after the game, but I did that because I am usually too emotional to be rational (no, I am not a rapper).

I thought that if anyone was going to cost us this game it would be Brandon Cox. I love my hometown boy but I thought his first start in Baton Rouge would look more like the GT game. I was wrong. I am not one for moral victories, and this wasn't a moral victory, this was a special teams loss, but I am pretty excited about what I saw tonight (well, except for the 5 missed FGs and the 10 dropped passes). Irons makes a good #23 and Cox is going to be a very good QB (not that's he's not good now, but just wait). This loss may be heart-breaking, but there are alot of positive things to take away from it. I'll take this kind of effore every week. If we continue to play this way, we can and should win out (I hope UGA and uat are undefeted when we meet them).

Ugh, so close, but we have no reason to hang our heads. If we would have gotten more pressure on Russell I think we would have come away from there with a win. I wis we would have blitzed more, but I know that there are reasons we didn't.

Ok, I am going to bed now. War Eagle everyone and sleep well. Were going to be just fine.

I agree.... I won't sound like a Bammer and count this as a moral victory, because it is sure stinging like a loss and nothing can take that away, but I was definitely encouraged by the play of BC and Irons tonight. AU football has a bright future... we are going to be fine, this year is just about breaking in new people.

Archived