Game grades.

BanditQb

Offense

Rushing – A+ : Very impressive. Kenny showed great heart with second effort gaining yard after yard. It will be interesting to see how many YAC he had. Way to go offensive line.

Passing – B- : Since the passing game includes catching the ball this grade slides. I almost gave it a C because of a few lapses in pass protection, but I think that is more due to LSU’s great pass rush. Cox played very well for first year starter at LSU. Did what he needed to do to win. A few bad decisions, but overall impressive.

Defense

Run – B : Tackled well, being undersized, we will bend but not break. 150 something yards is not too bad against LSUs offensive line.

Pass – C : Did we touch Russel at all? One thing I had more than dropped passes and refs, is rushing three (and one time I saw 3 rush and 2 of them QB spied). The secondary played well, the long passes were results of rollouts and days to throw. Irons needs to quit pulling on jersey’s. And the safeties don’t need to bite on the slot doing an out, cause the outside guy is going behind ya fella!

Special Teams

Field Goals : not touching this one

Punting – C : Bliss kicked really well all, except for once, and we know how that turned out.

NOTES:

Did anyone catch the half-back pass that wasn’t? Ben was wide open but Stewart ran, for 1 yard I think.

How many times does one of our D-linemen have to be tackled at the QBs feet before the yellow hanky comes out?

It is good to know even when we don’t play our best game, we still coulda/shoulda won.

The holding was absolutely ridiculus. Many times our d-lineman was past the o-line and and holding was so blatant that the camera picks it, but no call. It was especially blatant on their long pass on the last drive. I thought for sure that play was coming back.

Even my wife commented on some of the holds. But that is not why we lost, didn't help, but that happens everygame. I just get a little angry when it happens right in front of the white capped ref.

Lots of ifs to win the game.

If Stewart would have thrown the half-back pass.

If on 2nd and 10 on LSU's last drive, the WR would have had his legs apart, instead of catching the ball with them.

If Slaughter had blocked the guy that saved a TD on Kenny's long run, right before our 3rd missed FG. (He did lunge at the guy, but missed).

If if if if if, I HATE PLAYING THIS GAME. Close game loses kill me!

IF refs had called holding on AU as often as they committed it (Lsu committed plenty of uncalled penalties too).

IF LSU had caught those two TD passes.

IF LSU had wrapped up Irons at first contact on that incredible TD dash

IF LSU RB Addai slipped just ONE of the shoestring tackles....to the house.

all of these ifs would have led to an LSU blowout, just as all of Auburn's ifs would have led to a victory as well.

Two evenly matched teams. Both with plenty of mistakes, both with plenty of great plays. Typical LSU/Auburn game.

Archived