PI call in Bama game

JacksonJ

Thoughts on the Pass Interference that was called on Bama yesterday.

I have heard how terrible the refs are and how they got ripped, but was it PI or not.

You have to allow the receiver to go to the ball right? If he tries to cut or go for the ball and you impede him then it is interference right? Now had the DB been going for the ball then it is a no call or offensive PI, but the DB had his back to the ball and didn't allow the WR to adjust to the ball. The same type of thing happened on the catch by Prothro, he went through the DB to get the ball and a flag was thrown on the DB on the play but the play stood since he caught the ball.

I can't recall the specific video of the play, so I can't render an informed opinion.

What I do know is that there are plenty of Bama fans on Bama boards already using that call as the excuse for losing the game. :puke:

So apparently the conspiracy still lives <_< . You know, if as many SEC refs have been bought off as some Bama fans claim, then I think they should just hang their heads in shame that they can't at least outbid for the refs in their own house!

I can't recall the specific video of the play, so I can't render an informed opinion.

What I do know is that there are plenty of Bama fans on Bama boards already using that call as the excuse for losing the game.  :puke:

So apparently the conspiracy still lives <_< .  You know, if as many SEC refs have been bought off as some Bama fans claim, then I think they should just hang their heads in shame that they can't at least outbid for the refs in their own house!

197903[/snapback]

The entire 1st half was nothing but the Bama o-line holding the LSU defense and they never called it.

The game should also never have gone to overtime. An LSU defender was dragged to the ground in the endzone while chasing Croyle. Should have been a holding call for a safety that would have put LSU on top 12-10 but the ref didn't call it even though he was right there.

Sure the interference call was questionable but I can point out just as many of not more against LSU.

Buma fans always have an excuse. It was a hard fought game between two teams that left it all on the field. It could have gone either way just like the Georgia/Auburn game.

What I do know is that there are plenty of Bama fans on Bama boards already using that call as the excuse for losing the game.  :puke:

So apparently the conspiracy still lives <_< .  You know, if as many SEC refs have been bought off as some Bama fans claim, then I think they should just hang their heads in shame that they can't at least outbid for the refs in their own house!

197903[/snapback]

The officiating was typical of that provided by the SEC...and that isn't a compliment.

There were MANY missed holding calls, yes they went both ways. The one that stands out in my mind was when Croyle was scrambling in his own endzone and the official ACTUALLY REACHED FOR HIS FLAG but did not throw it.

They also got review happy last night and reviewed plays that had no business being reviewed. Thank god that despite how hard they tried, they didn't keep the game from being a damn good one.

197903[/snapback]

The entire 1st half was nothing but the Bama o-line holding the LSU defense and they never called it.

The game should also never have gone to overtime. An LSU defender was dragged to the ground in the endzone while chasing Croyle. Should have been a holding call for a safety that would have put LSU on top 12-10 but the ref didn't call it even though he was right there.

Sure the interference call was questionable but I can point out just as many of not more against LSU.

Buma fans always have an excuse. It was a hard fought game between two teams that left it all on the field. It could have gone either way just like the Georgia/Auburn game.

197916[/snapback]

Calls on both sides should have been made. Croyle got hit really late in his own end zone....no flag. But yea i agree holding on both sides happened through out the game.

197903[/snapback]

197916[/snapback]

yeah actually, there were like 4 of us watching and saw that hold in the end zone and pretty much all at once said "oh sh** safety!" and kept looking for the flag....glad it didn't fly, but didn't matter in the end.

as far as the pass interference though, i'm not exactly sure which play you're asking about, but the rules are if the pass is in the 5 yard zone where you can jam a receiver, if the ball is passed once the ball is in the air, you can't touch that receiver anymore. if outside of that zone, pretty much same rules apply. you can't touch him until he touches the ball. sometimes the refs will be a little leniant if there is mutual contact between receiver and defender though. a little tit-for-tat i reckon.

yeah actually, there were like 4 of us watching and saw that hold in the end zone and pretty much all at once said "oh sh** safety!" and kept looking for the flag....glad it didn't fly, but didn't matter in the end.

as far as the pass interference though, i'm not exactly sure which play you're asking about, but the rules are if the pass is in the 5 yard zone where you can jam a receiver, if the ball is passed once the ball is in the air, you can't touch that receiver anymore. if outside of that zone, pretty much same rules apply. you can't touch him until he touches the ball. sometimes the refs will be a little leniant if there is mutual contact between receiver and defender though. a little tit-for-tat i reckon.

197923[/snapback]

Didn't really want to talk about holding penalties because I think they can be called on about every play and we all have seen enough SEC officiating to know what that means.

I actually think it happened twice, but I meant the one in the end zone against UA that I believe led to LSU's TD. The receiver was in the left side of the end zone with a DB covering him, the ball was thrown inside and the WR went for the ball but the DB was in the way and contact was made. The DB didn't even know the ball was thrown and impeded the WR even though the WR actually went towards the ball.

"An LSU defender was dragged to the ground in the endzone while chasing Croyle. Should have been a holding call for a safety that would have put LSU on top 12-10 but the ref didn't call it even though he was right there."

I saw that during the game and about 4-5 times during the highlights on Sportscenter. Will never hear about this from a Bama fan. Some calls go for you and some go against you such is life, but it's not some conspiracy against Bama like SOME of them think.

wave.gif Hi everyone! I'm new and I'm a die hard Auburn fan. I watched the Bama and LSU game last night to witness Bama getting their butts kicked! kickbut.gif I was rooting for LSU all the way! I also witnessed a lot of calls missed but could you image being a ref and trying to keep it together with all of that noise? I mean the players couldn't even sometimes hear the whistles being blown. Talk about a major migraine. eyebulge.gif If the ref sees it he sees and if he doesn't he doesn't. Of course we can see it cause the people in front of the tv have the best seats! :D In other words, we can all understand being upset but it's just a game! Did Bama think they were going to win every game with just field goal points and maybe a touchdown every now and then? Better luck next year, Bama. And could you image all the ruggish if this game was played at LSU? Talk about what the Bama fans would be saying then. :rolleyes: I knew something like was going to get started. listen2.gif

Archived