• Alabama by 14+
    • Alabama 8-14
    • Alabama 4-7
    • Alabama 1-3
    • Auburn 1-3
    • Auburn 4-7
    • Auburn 8-14
    • Auburn by 14+

We have the better team. but I keep remembering 2002, when bama was favored by 7. We had lost Cadillac and Ronnie, plus maybe a tight end. Didn't look like we had a chance, but you all know the result.

My faith in Cox and Borges leads me to pick :au: , but barely, in a nail-biter. bama almost always plays their best game against us, and we play our best game against :uga: . (See last year)

I am going to abstain from voting, as I don't want to feel like I jinxed the game in any way....I think it's important to ask how Bama will react after a loss? also it's the iron bowl, so really I don't know what to expect (even though people will say it's not true that anything can happen in this rivalry, but for me I don't know).

the biggest concern of mine is how we'll do against their defense....our offense is good, but their defense is very talented....I also wonder if their offense isn't due to break out, but hopefully it won't happen until their bowl game....War Eagle!!

I am going to abstain from voting, as I don't want to feel like I jinxed the game in any way....I think it's important to ask how Bama will react after a loss? also it's the iron bowl, so really I don't know what to expect (even though people will say it's not true that anything can happen in this rivalry, but for me I don't know).

the biggest concern of mine is how we'll do against their defense....our offense is good, but their defense is very talented....I also wonder if their offense isn't due to break out, but hopefully it won't happen until their bowl game....War Eagle!!

198356[/snapback]

Hmm, good question. My .02 is: From what I have seen at my home board, we are all pretty happy with the season so far. I mean this class of seniors were the ones being recruited when we were put on probation. Add to that all the coaching changes and well you know Everything! we cant complain. Maybe a little monday morning QBing, but thats about it. IF we loose, it will be a punch in the stomache just like any other year. But as far as the whole season goes, Im more than happy with 9-2 and a bowl game. Small steps is what I was expecting, recruiting this year is on a WOW pace. Good things are more possible now than before, cant complain. And looking forward to this weekend.

I think we win this game but for some really crazy reason im worried about Bama's Offense. Why, i feel if Brodie has time and feels comfortable in the pocket he will pick us apart. The last 2 games we have given up 300 yards passing. Im hoping against Georgia we were just worried about Shokley running. LSU showed us how to get Brodie out of a rythem but our defense just isnt a aggresive biltzing D which is fine but i really think we need a way to get pressure on Croyle,

Anyone Agree?maybe ;)

Beat :ua:

I think we win this game but for some really crazy reason im worried about Bama's Offense.  Why, i feel if Brodie has time and feels comfortable in the pocket he will pick us apart.  The last 2 games we have given up 300 yards passing.  Im hoping against Georgia we were just worried about Shokley running.  LSU showed us how to get Brodie out of a rythem but our defense just isnt a aggresive biltzing D which is fine but i really think we need a way to get pressure on Croyle,

Anyone Agree?maybe ;)

Beet  :ua:

198379[/snapback]

See if you can get LaRon Landry to suit up for you. After he dropped the hammer on Croyle and Croyle changed his underwear, he was never the same. :D:lsu:

20-10 :au:

Auburn's offense gains 320-400 + yards. Cox yet again gets 200+ yards passing for every game he's played in this season, Irons leads the wrecking crew with 100-175 yards rushing on the ground with at least one TD under his belt.

The defense they have is talented, but by no means invincible. Auburn's defense has put up similar numbers vs the same competition : MSU, Arkansas, South Carolina, Ole Miss, LSU.

I too am worried about the Bama O, don't know why??? I guess b/c they have been anemic, but this is the Iron Bowl, so odd and abnormal happens. The Bama D is tough, but so is our O. I think our OL can handle the Bama DL ?? or should I say I hope the OL can.......This will be the key as it is in most all games. I think our DL can take advantage of the young OL of Bama. I think we have the WR advantage.....QB and RB is just about a wash, although I give us an edge in rushing game, advantage AU in OL. Overall AU with advantage with two Os. Defense....DL advantage Bama, more experienced, LBs are a wash, both have talented experienced groups, Secondary I think is a wash also, overall bama with edge on D

IMO

AU 20

UA 17

Irons and Lester combine for 175 on the ground. In JHS on a night in which the field is named after Pat Dye, I say we win it will be just another Iron Bowl. Hard fought, hard hitting, and a blast to watch.

:au: 24

UAT 13

Bama has a good team and a very strong defense. Like Olderwhiskey said they usually play their best game against Auburn. I just feel like if Auburn plays their A game they should win. I'm not over confident though because it's the Iron Bowl and you never what can happen.

:au: - 24

:ua: - 17

Bama has a good team and a very strong defense.  Like Olderwhiskey said they usually play their best game against Auburn.  I just feel like if Auburn plays their A game they should win.  I'm not over confident though because it's the Iron Bowl and you never what can happen.

:au: - 24

:ua: - 17

198444[/snapback]

for that matter its about getting to the point where you really can't call any SEC game anymore...crazy stuff keeps happening.

Normally you have two important realities this time of the year.....First of all, a team us usually about as good as they are going to get and secondly, injuries or the lack thereof at key positions balance out the progress made. So far, neither team has BIG key injuries except for Closner and Prothro for Bammer and Ross for us.

I too am concerned with Croyle's maturity and poise going into this game and never doubt that they will pull out ALL the stops to beat us...Losing another game to Auburn would be the ultimate in humiliation to them... It's going to take a superhuman effort on our part to win this game and I suppose it all comes down to the usual, poor execution and penalties or good execution and few penalties and most of all, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNT TO! This little thing at the last concerns me too. Are we HUNGRY?

:au: has to not beat itself, no turnovers, stupid penalties (is it required to have a delay of game?), execution, the crowd will be a huge advantage . I like to think

we have an edge in coaching. Defense has to step up.

uat 13

We didn't catch a break against LSU and GT. We caught some against UGA. I think it will be about 50/50 break catching against Bama. Which means Brodie will hit one home run ball. They will get a short field on another. They may actually sustain one drive. Therefore they will score 13-17 points. But even against the "best defense in the SEC", the Best Offense in the SEC, will score 20+.

:ua: 17

It will be a nail biter as usual, but in the end the good guys pull it out!

:au: 17

:ua: 13

Edited to ask:

What delusional mullet picked :ua: to win by 14+? You are going to be one sad, Milwaukee's Best drinking, trailer park dwelling, wife beating hombre Saturday evening.

I say 21 for the good guys and 10 for the Mullet Nation.

That's what I think looking at this game on PAPER. However, the fact remains that we NEVER blow this team out. It doesn't matter the type of seasons the two teams are having or how much we are predicted to win by, it's always a scrap. I predict a win by 11 but I'm praying for simply having more points at the end.

I never do the "point spread thing". Just too many variables. (Plus, I think it is bad luck for me to do so and I am not gonna' jinx THIS one.) :D

Look at the common opponents and the scores. That may not be the best measuring stick, but, professional guessers use 'em EVERY week. I think the game will come down to AU's Defense vs uat's "offense". I like our chances in that match up. :au::cheer:

I have seen steady improvement every week Auburn plays, while Bama seemed to peak at the Florida game and has been in steady decline since. It will be low scoring because of Alabama's very good D and anemic offense. Borges will take what they give and will grind out a few scores. The AU defensive front will be challenged to get to Brodie and they should be able to. My prediction:

Auburn 20

Bammer 13

(They'll get one TD early due to emotion) ;)

Archived