Honk if you sacked Brodie!

DKW 86

4) Leave the Players Alone. They are 18-22 year old kids. If they sometime act like kids, hey, thats what they do. If they have an off day, give them some grace. If you talk about a situation, I would refer to positions. Saying that the "WRs underperformed." That is very different from saying "Joe Smith sucks!"

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?act=boardrules

Guest Tigrinum Major

Strey, you are being just a wee bit sensitive there. That rule is in place to prevent folks from coming on here and flat out bashing kids when the game doesn't go their (the poster's) way.

Examples:

"Justin Timberlake is the worst QB we have ever had, bar none!"

"Nelly absolutely sucks! He should be warming the bench at Troy instead of playing linebacker for Auburn."

"Kevin Federline is the worst singer in the history of the world. If Britney wasn't trailer trash herself, she should dump him!"

Ok, that last one was true, but you get the gist.

With the victory comes the spoils, and that includes bumper stickers such as those. It is along the same lines as "Punt, Bama, Punt!"

Sorry if it offends your sensibilities. But calling out the owner of the site will not score you any style points with the majority of folks around here.

If it'll make you feel better, I'll wait until after the Peach Bowl to display mine. Then he won't be a player anymore.

Responding to questions on where to get the bumper stickers.

And Strey, it is probably borderline, but the criticism is on the O-Line, not Brodie. If anything it should fire the O-Line up to do better. I DO NOT SEE IT CRITICIZING Brodie at all. Brodie was almost a victim, not the problem.

now, if the bumper stickers said, "Honk if you think Brodie is overrated and really sucks!"

THEN that would be attacking players . .. .

I could see your point if the sticker said "have you sacked a UA QB lately?", but putting Brodie on the tag IS a direct insult to him as a player, not just the O-line.

Strey, I think you're beign oversensitive. The point of that rule is to prevent people from running down players and trashing them. Doesn't mean you can't have some fun or point out areas of improvement needed and so on. We just don't want people coming on here going, "[name of player] is the sorriest excuse for a football player I've ever seen. Bench his sorry ass!"

Having said that, this is funny. And I found this on a Bama board:

32515120124.gif

And Strey, it is probably borderline, but the criticism is on the O-Line, not Brodie. If anything it should fire the O-Line up to do better. I DO NOT SEE IT CRITICIZING Brodie at all. Brodie was almost a victim, not the problem.

200752[/snapback]

I also didn't see it as a slap at Brodie at all, but the O-line if anything. But mostly a humorous comment on the game, not any individual.

In any case, the criticisms of Brodie I've seen on some Bama boards (Tidefans & Crimson Tusk are the only ones I read) are far nastier and more personal than anything I've ever seen on WEN about anyone. I'm astonished at how viciously some Bama fans have turned on their latest "Heisman candidate" after worshipping him for so long. If Brodie didn't have a negative attitude already (as some of them claim), I wouldn't blame him for developing one before the bowl game because of their attacks.

200752[/snapback]

I also didn't see it as a slap at Brodie at all, but the O-line if anything. But mostly a humorous comment on the game, not any individual.

Does it say "Have your burned UA's O-line today?" No, it points directly to Brodie, a guy who is lambasted every day on AU boards when he goes out and plays his heart out just as much as any ohter player on the team, any team for that matter. UA's, AU's, UGA's, Yale's, it doesn't matter.

In any case, the criticisms of Brodie I've seen on some Bama boards (Tidefans & Crimson Tusk are the only ones I read) are far nastier and more personal than anything I've ever seen on WEN about anyone.  I'm astonished at how viciously some Bama fans have turned on their latest "Heisman candidate" after worshipping him for so long.  If Brodie didn't have a negative attitude already (as some of them claim), I wouldn't blame him for developing one before the bowl game because of their attacks.

200822[/snapback]

So you want to hide behind UA forums now? One that's the equivalent of ITAT and the other that I refuse to set foot upon for any other reason than to reserve my name to prevent impersonation? Funny how posters here try to proclaim this forum as the best and derride TF and CT for their opinions and posters only then to turn around and use them as an excuse to act in a classless manner.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Well Strey, you've said your piece. We don't feel it's anywhere near what goes on at other forums or that it violates the spirit of the rules we've written for this place. I think you're just nitpicking to be contrary, but regardless, it's not going to change and it doesn't lower us to the level of ITAT or the various UAT forums I've seen lambasting Brodie the last few days either. Decision made.

But even Bammers who are smart enough to go to Auburn never outgrow that Bammer WHINE!!!! Now that I've seen the effect it has on the Bammer nation, I'm definately going to order one for every one of my vehicles!!!!!

It occurred to me yesterday that yet another way to look at it is simply as a positive comment on Auburn's defense. It might be viewed as a slap at Bama or some part of their team, but it could also be viewed as a simply a postive testament to the Tigers' defense without necessarily meaning anything negative about the Tide. (i.e., not saying there's anything wrong with any part of the Bama team, just saying that we are DAMN GOOD!)

Too many ways to interpret it as far as being insulting...but only one way to interpret as far as humor: Hilarious!

I made some on a site w/ blue baqckground & orange letters that reads.

AU 28 Bama 18

Honk if u sacked Brodie!!!

25 for only $44.95. Hit me up if u want the website or some bumper stickers for less....

Come on streyeder, relax.

It's not like we said brodie was overrated and pathetically slow. We would never do anything like that.

We didn't even say that he had massive turf burns on both cheeks even though it is obvious that anyone who was slammed to the turf as many times as he was would have them. It's just not our style.

Last but not least we didn't accuse brodie of having a bunch of whiny butted little sissy beotches for fans. That would definitely cross the line and I for one will not go there.

Take a midol and post again later, or don't. :au:

But even Bammers who are smart enough to go to Auburn never outgrow that Bammer WHINE!!!!  Now that I've seen the effect it has on the Bammer nation, I'm definately going to order one for every one of my vehicles!!!!!

201078[/snapback]

I not only have one on both my vehicles but bought a few extra to put on my dog.

How about:

Honk if you think John Croyle is a big goon that needs to accept his son should have followed his heart to Florida State!!

or

Honk if you are Bammer's next big recruiting BUST!!!

Archived