Alright man up and eat some crow

moe

I actually think I got pretty close with my prediction...I may have even predicted 9-2.....too lazy to go back and find the thread :)

alright, I tried to do some research

passthebiscuits - said 5-6 (last post was Oct. 15th - apparently he promised to never post again...i don't know the whole deal)

awk - said 4-7. Direct quote from him - "4-7 at best, and thats counting on the fact that we dont flop against MS ST, the whole team looked crappy, they need to bench tre smith and play someone else, and they need to switch in Blake Field and Clavin booker with Brandon Cox, thats what he did with Campbell(Cobb), If Tubberville doesnt do those two things then we will not win more than 4 games, realistically" :lol:

These are from this thread http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=19192

And I definitely may be mistaken but I think I read some crazy stuff from Raven and PowerI as well, no?

I will admit I never thought Auburn would finish 9-2 after the Ga. Tech game. I also never thought they would be as bad a 4-7 or 5-6. I figured they would finish about 7-4. I can honestly say crow has never tasted so good.

Before the year started, I thought the 05 team would go 9-2 but did not expect us to lose to Tech. After the LSU game ( despite the loss ), I was confident this team could beat anyone remaining on our schedule. Our coaching staff should be commended for the improvement this team made as the season progressed.

After the loss to :gt: , I was in the 7 - 4 club, if things didn't change drastically. Thankfuly, they did. We found a running back and Brandon grew into the qb that so many thought he was.

I also predicted that :gt: would go 7-4 too. No way did I expect them to beat Miami, and if they lose to :uga: , I'll be right. Well, 1/2 right ;)

And I definitely may be mistaken but I think I read some crazy stuff from Raven and PowerI as well, no?

201058[/snapback]

You are mistaken. I did not say that we would have a losing season this year. ;)

I said that we would be lucky to win 8 games. I didn't think we would beat Georgia and bammer, and come close to beating LSU. I thought we would beat the teams that we were supposed to beat.

How about this little gem from PChamp:

And I never said Cox wouldn't win any games. But I don't think he can win a tight game against quality opponents. Auburn will win games this year. It may or may not be because of Cox. But when Auburn beats Ball State and W. Kentucky - don't say it was cuz of Cox, because I think it's obvious Auburn is just that much better. When Auburn beats LSU or Georgia or Alabama BECAUSE Brandon Cox won the games - similar to JC beating LSU, UGA, Alabama, Tennessee (twice), VT, and prolly even a good case for Ole Miss, you can "call me out."

We're calling!

And another gem:

Also, I believe everyone wanted #12 as our QB last year.... well I hope you got what you wanted. He is possibly the worst QB to ever exist. I been saying it for two dang years that he would be a 4th quarter INT kind of qb. All you gotta do is rush him and he's HORRIBLE!! Apparently I'm the smartest guy ever, I just wish I wasn't sometimes.

How about this little gem from PChamp:
And I never said Cox wouldn't win any games. But I don't think he can win a tight game against quality opponents. Auburn will win games this year. It may or may not be because of Cox. But when Auburn beats Ball State and W. Kentucky - don't say it was cuz of Cox, because I think it's obvious Auburn is just that much better. When Auburn beats LSU or Georgia or Alabama BECAUSE Brandon Cox won the games - similar to JC beating LSU, UGA, Alabama, Tennessee (twice), VT, and prolly even a good case for Ole Miss, you can "call me out."

We're calling!

And another gem:

Also, I believe everyone wanted #12 as our QB last year.... well I hope you got what you wanted. He is possibly the worst QB to ever exist. I been saying it for two dang years that he would be a 4th quarter INT kind of qb. All you gotta do is rush him and he's HORRIBLE!! Apparently I'm the smartest guy ever, I just wish I wasn't sometimes.

201083[/snapback]

I guess he got his wish! :lol: What a DA.

I was thinking 8-3 to 7-4 before the season started, I am amazed at hoe well th team has done this year. I was never sold on the idea that CTT was a good recruiter but after this year I have to say his team looks as or more talented than LSU.

Wow, I didn't remember anyone saying we'd do THAT bad. I was a little worried after GT, I thought it was possible for us to get through the rest of the seasonw ith only 2 more losses though. But I never imagined we'd finish 9-2, knocking off back to back (to back to back.... :roflol: ) top ten teams to finish it off. It really makes me kinda sick when I think of how close we are to being undefeated again...

I'll admit I was wrong.

Before the GT game, I didn't like Brandon, but predicted 9-2 and the Capital One Bowl. I didn't change my prediction after the GT game. Yes, I said I hated Brandon Cox being our QB. I still stand by my word tho that I couldn't believe people wanted him over JC.

I will say that throughout the season... after the LSU game, I became more pro-Cox. I know AU lost the LSU game, but in my opinion, that was his best game of the year. That's where he showed me something. Yes, he beat Georgia in a close game. Yes he made a 55 yard pass or whatever it was to Devin at the end of the game. I just personally believe the LSU game he played better overall, but that's just me - you don't have to agree with it.

Prior to the Georgia game, I said he was probably in the top 3 of SEC qbs (and I didn't expect to say that in the preseason). Now I think he is still in the top 3, maybe top two. Overall, I think Auburn is in the best position for QBs. UGA and Vandy (and Bama?) lose their QBs. Auburn has a good QB who still has not one, but TWO years left and that's what I like to see. I thought Brandon would be OK by his senior season, maybe even next - but I will admit when I am wrong and he developed much much faster than I expected.

Am I on the Cox banwagon? No. I think he is great for the Auburn system and will do good things. I just wish he was better in the pocket when being rushed. But I'd rather have a QB like him that will make good plays and get sacked, then someone who is better at not getting sacked, but a poorer passer. I firmly believe a person should stick their word and I don't want to become one of those Cox lovers (God, that sounds bad when you say it) when I wasn't one in the first place. So I'm not jumping on the banwagon because I don't think he has to prove anything, but because I wasn't there in the first place.

So yea... long explanation, but it was due. I was wrong about Cox. But I was not wrong about the team. I stood by a 9-2 record (if I said something else, I was being sarcastic - I don't know if I did, but you guys might find something like saying we'd go 7-4). I maybe said 8-3, but 9-2 I always felt was still there (I would not have thought 7-4).

I'm just excited for our boys next year. Bulk of the team returning, who knows what is in store. A nice victory in Orlando sure would be some nice EARLY momentum.

Thanks to slink for steppin' up and admitting that our qb and rbs are better than expected. They are better than I expected too! :thumbsup:

p.s. At least I had uga pegged as the #1 team in the East. :D

Same here... UGA and LSU - both picked correctly (tho I wish I was wrong about LSU)

And I may have been wrong about Cox, but hell was I right about Kenny. Saw that kid coming from Spring 03

Archived