Jake Slaughter is a Senior

OlderWhiskey

I don't know why this just dawned on me, but I don't think I've seen anyone else line up at the position this year. Mike McLaughlin is the only other fullback listed. Has he even played this year? Should I panic about this?

Yes, you should panic.

Just kidding.

You're right that we won't have an experienced fullback next year...and Borges has utilized the fullback position a lot more this year than last.

But if the past two years have taught us anything, Borges is a smart man, and I'm sure he realized a long time ago that Jake was leaving after this year...sooo

My money says either Borges thinks Mike McLaughlin can handle the responsibility next year, or that he is already planning how to utilize Brad, Kenny, and Carl as a trio without a fullback.

I agree that it will be Carl Stewart. The kid is VERY smart and he is a HOSS. :au:

I'll settle this...I think it will be Mike McLaughlin and Carl. They'll both get some PT at that position because they have different skills. Carl would be more dangerous coming out of the backfield, and Mike would be a better blocker.

:au::homer:

Does anyone know what the status is with Carl??? Is he going to be ready for the bowl game????

Does anyone know what the status is with Carl??? Is he going to be ready for the bowl game????

201892[/snapback]

He sprained his knee and they don't expect him to need surgery.

It's gonna be Mike McLaughlin.  I just don't think Carl Stewart has what it takes.

201877[/snapback]

I heard Eddie Gran in a radio interview say, they were expecting Carl Stewart to be the FB next year and will be using him like they did Ronnie Brown.

Archived