Finebaum

AUesquire

Alright, I know we've had nemerous rounds of discussion on Finebaum and many here, myself included, have sworn off listening to his show. I'm going to be the first to come out of the Finebaum closet and say, "Yes, I've gone back to listening."

Hi, I'm Steve and I'm a Finebaumaholic. :big:

The past year on his show has been a constant stream of Bama talk, from Logan Young to fire Shula to Brodie for Heisman to 9-0 and "We're back!" The Bama callers probably outnumber the Auburn callers 10/1. And when Findbum was talking Auburn, he was bashing all things Auburn. I finally came to the realization that I had no interest in listening to the Alabama radio network. Honestly not flaming Bama here, but why would I want to tune in to a show that does nothing but talk about our rival and bash us? I wouldn't want to tune in for Tennessee talk or Georgia talk etc. either.

But NOW. All of a sudden, the whole tone of the show has changed. Fineball is giving consistent props to Auburn and Tubby. He's going off on Bama callers for making excuses for the season. The rest of the Bama nation that calls knew all along Brodie wasn't the man, his daddy is a jerk, and the jury is still out on the man that 3 short weeks ago was national coach of the year. And one thing that stands out more than any other. There are TONS of Auburn callers.

I'm not even going to pretend to lift up or justify some of the stuff he does. I'll only say that he admits much of his show is strictly entertainment. He will jump on and off a bandwagon faster than a Massachusetts democrat. He is going to talk about what is hot at the time and he WILL say things just to make people mad and get them to call in. I will give him credit for one thing. It IS a caller driven show and the guy will take call after call. The fact is, up until recently, Auburn callers have been virtually non-existent. That's not the case anymore. Auburn folks have stayed away but now they're back, listening and calling. And again, right or wrong, I'm one of them.

I'm not encouraging people to call, or maybe I am. If Auburn people want to hear more talk about our university and team, then they should call in. Jump in there and don't allow it to turn into the Alabama Radio Network again. Auburn people are coming back to the show, hypocritical as it may be, but they are calling in bunches.

Okay, the next time he bashes Tubby, I'm gonna' poke my lip out and promise never to listen again. Maybe.

PF is a low-life and as a consequence I would not listen to his drivel regardless of any good thing he is saying about AU. He's a snake who will turn on Tuberville and AU in an instant. If he had an ounce of class and dignity I would reconsider. When will I listen to PF's program ... let me know when hell freezes over and I'll think about it.

Get real, it's too bad Auburn folks call in.

Let uat have him, listen but don't call, what is the benefit?

None except to be bashed and setup.

I listen some, now the whole theme is uat's recruiting goldmine

and how uat is still better.

What a joke, why go through the misery, some of the Auburn callers

sure don't help either.

The major problem that faces finescum is the same problem that the uaters must now face....uat "football" just simply, in the bigger scheme of things, doesn't MATTER to AUBURN. These are the days we have long for and the days uaters have dreaded. B)

Sit back and enjoy! :big::au:

I'm expecting a lot more responses like those above. That's fine. The point of the topic is that it seems many of the people who refused to call his show are now doing it again. Are they calling just because Auburn is being talked about in a positive light...ABSOLUTELY. I'm listening again because it's fun to hear Auburn fans call and great to hear PF jump down a Bama caller's throat when the first words out of his mouth are, "We're still handcuffed by probation..."

Sorry, I like that kind of stuff. I'm sick that way. :P

I'd been lurking on these boards for years, and heard nothing but bad things about Finebaum, but living in MS, had never heard the show. Upon moving back to Mobile in July, started listening. I don't see what all the uproar is about. I'm an AU grad/fan, and listen to the show everyday. I personally love it. He did beat the Logan Young thing to death for about 2 weeks, but other than that, I find the show to be extremely entertaining.

You guys can say what you want about him being clasless or whatever....but if you guys have not been liestening to the melt down hte last few weeks, you have missed some freaking GREAT entertainment!!!!!!!

The point is IT"S ENTERTAINMENT!!! Enjoy it if you want...if you don't turn the station!

The fact that people listen and admit to it, and the fact that people talk about it on message boards is probably half the reason he does what he does. It keeps him employed and relevant.

Finebaum does have some good guest and interviews, Charlie Trottman, Stan White, Pat Dye, Gene Stallings, Jim Donnan, Ivan Maisel etc, etc. I for one admit listening almost daily. Sometimes more than others and I have sulled up and turned to another sports station. Then when I get to WJOX, I realize once again why I would rather have two root canals than listen to Herb Winches.

Shane - what more can you say about the dumbest Bama Homer alive. He is the Bagdad Bob of the Bama Nation.

Jim from Tuscaloosa - He makes Shane seem smart. He reminds me of a little puppy jumping around wagging it's tail because it is so excited to talk to Finebaum.

Phyllis from Mulga - She is the poster child for redneck trailer trash loose women.

Bobby from Homewood - sometimes funny, most times mean spirited, but always smarter than Shane, Jim & Phyllis combined.

Guest Tigrinum Major

As WAR EAGLE!!! said, it is entertainment, pure and simple. I listen and I no longer let the idiots get to me. Finebaum has some good guests from time to time (John Finestein is my all time favorite whenever he comes on) and PF knows very little on his own about anything but knowing how to push buttons and stir the pot.

I am getting Sirius in about three weeks and will still listen to Finebaum from time to time, but I will cease to listen everyday.

PF does go off the deep end at times and often falls to the level of his callers, which is sad in some cases.

I miss Bob Lochamy.

I've probably listened to PF three times in my life--and those were very short segments.

I did tune in on the Tuesday after this year's IB. I heard the funny about McClover asking Croyle, "Paper or plastic?"

Haven't listened since. Probably won't. But that was hilarious! Dont know if Vickers or PF said it first, but I enjoyed it.

i enjoy the show but have really only listened to the interviews online b/c the constant barrage of bama propoganda was sickening to listen too. however, since the iron bowl it has been hilarious to hear him bash bama, brodie, shula, and basically anyone with crimson on. so, i have gone back to listening to the entire show. i'm sure at some point i will become disgusted again and go back to listening to just coach Dye, Stan, and Charlie T. WDE!

Running the board I feel like I really have to listen for the most part but shut him off very often. I called tosday and told him that I thought Tim Tebow was a nice guy to let Paul have air time on the Tim Tebow Radio Network.

He has beat the Tebow recruitment, the Young case, Brodie and John Croyle, and other stories to death recently.

It's weird this got brought up.

2 nights ago I started listening to his show as I got into bed around 9-10 and did it again last night.

Few things stick out:

1) Why do some callers call up with the dumbest questions? "Ya, Paul...uh...did Alabama move up in the polls?" "Paul, is Shula a good coach?"

I mean, listen to the show people...goodness...

2) Some callers really have no life. I can tell who is a regular. Does I-Man and Jim call up with just the intention every day of bashing the other then hanging up?

3) Finebaum gets in mood swings that I find hilarious. He seems to be turning into this "I am tired, leave me alone" type mood midway through the shows

Finescum is the Howard Stern of talk radio and nothing but a cheap, low classed rumor-monger who makes his living in what used to be called "yellow journalism." Our society has become so jaded that we apparently don't have the color yellow anymore OR we just don't care. Keep listening because I won't listen to a little bald headed coward who makes his living on people who listen to his trash. :au::au:

I spend almost all day, every day stuck in a library studying. I listen to the entire show most days on my computer, as long as the idiots don't distract me too much. It's amazing how quickly he went from bashing AU to bashing Bama fans that think they are still on equal footing with us. It's hilarious.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Finescum is the Howard Stern of talk radio and nothing but a cheap, low classed rumor-monger who makes his living in what used to be called "yellow journalism." Our society has become so jaded that we apparently don't have the color yellow anymore OR we just don't care. Keep listening because I won't listen to a little bald headed coward who makes his living on people who listen to his trash. :au:   :au:

204285[/snapback]

Shug I really think that Finebaum is really the Jerry Springer of talk radio...

:big:

I personally like Finebaum and listen almost every night. You can't let him get under your skin. He gives credit when credit is due. He admits his mistakes. He is, IMO, the only member of the Alabama sports media with the balls to criticize people who aren't getting the job done. I think we should be proud to have him.

Finebaum was just going to a commercial, and the announcer comes on, and is like "This just in...Brodie has been sacked again!" I about fell out of the chair.

I hope ya'll are happy. Between Finebaum and AUNation, I'm gonna fail out of school. Thanks guys.

:nanner::au::nanner:

We're here to help, Trev. :D

On a non-related note. I went in this business this evening about 5:30 where a good friend of mine works. He's a huge Bama fan and he was all pumped about the Tebow interview and a 6:00 p.m. announcement by some stud linebacker out of Georgia named Travorious, uh, Travipion, no...it was Taliban...oh crap...somebody Smith. I think it was on Countdown. Anyway, I finished up right about 6:05 and walked out and said, "Well?"

He rolled his eyes and said the guy pulled the ole stunt of putting on the Bama cap and then taking it off saying, "This one don't fit" and putting on a Notre Lame cap.

I was saddened. :cry3:

Oh well, I'm sure Tebow is coming :big:

The fact that people listen and admit to it, and the fact that people talk about it on message boards is probably half the reason he does what he does. It keeps him employed and relevant.

204245[/snapback]

Thank goodness...I thought all this typing I do was for nothing but my own entertainment. Glad I can keep someone in a job. :poke:

Archived