Thread on an NCSU board

CarolinaTiger

If you read it far enough, it has several references to Auburn & CTT.

First off, I didn't realize that BS was thinking of Auburn.

Secondly, I thought the Pack posters were pretty accurate in their beatdown of the one guy who thot Amato > CTT w.r.t. popularity.

I gotta say, too, that I like the wolfpack...definitely > dook or the holes.

go deacs!

ct

It was wierd. First time a tried the link it went to a sign on page. Tried it again next time on board and it went straight to the message board.

It was interesting to read we have a storied coach (never was sure what that really meant but it seems like a good thing so I'll buy it).

According to one poster, there was a reason that Tuberville was almost fired after the 2003 season...the last 2 years have been a "good run" for him, but "it won't last."

Multiple people claim that Chuck Amato is "better known in the southeastern US than CTT."

More yet claim that Amato is a better coach because he was a coordinator for multiple national championships (at FSU...not sure if he was at another school as well).

I know a lot of NCSU fans from a previous job. None of them made such crazy claims as these, however they did do a good bit of talking...though it was during the 2003 season when Auburn was reeling from those 2 early losses to USC and GT.

I'll stick with CTT (and Borges...please stay Al...). :au:

DawgNeil posted...

In reality, he has still just won 1 SEC Title and yet to have a single back to back 10-win season unlike Fulmer/Richt/Spurrier in the SEC.

Over the last six seasons ( SEC Records )

Auburn: 37-13

Georgia: 37-14

LSU: 37-14

Tennessee: 32-18

Yep, Tuberville is a one hit wonder! :rolleyes:

According to one poster, there was a reason that Tuberville was almost fired after the 2003 season...the last 2 years have been a "good run" for him, but "it won't last."

Multiple people claim that Chuck Amato is "better known in the southeastern US than CTT."

More yet claim that Amato is a better coach because he was a coordinator for multiple national championships (at FSU...not sure if he was at another school as well).

I know a lot of NCSU fans from a previous job.  None of them made such crazy claims as these, however they did do a good bit of talking...though it was during the 2003 season when Auburn was reeling from those 2 early losses to USC and GT.

I'll stick with CTT (and Borges...please stay Al...).  :au:

205720[/snapback]

It seemed like it was just 1 or 2 guys that said the name Amato was better known in the SE...the rest of them asked what they were smoking. One guy even went as far to say that Amato was more known in Atlanta than Tuberville :blink: Luckily, people corrected that statement.

DawgNeil posted...
In reality, he has still just won 1 SEC Title and yet to have a single back to back 10-win season unlike Fulmer/Richt/Spurrier in the SEC.

Over the last six seasons ( SEC Records )

Auburn: 37-13

Georgia: 37-14

LSU: 37-14

Tennessee: 32-18

Yep, Tuberville is a one hit wonder! :rolleyes:

205723[/snapback]

Well, hopefully he's only one Capital Bowl away from back to back 10-win seasons. And perhaps I'm forgetting someone, some year, but has anyone else in the SEC had a 13-0 season since CTT came to Auburn?

Playing the devil's advocate here, but if it is true that more people have heard of Amato than CTT, the explanation is simple. It's the sunshades.

Amato is known more for wearing those ridiculous looking spaceman sunglasses than for his coaching ability.

back to one of the original questions:

are we interested in the shaeffer kid? is he still interested in us?

205754[/snapback]

I thought I had read that CTT had already offered him if he's interested. However, nobody is going to start ahead of Cox next year, and with everyone we already have plus Ensminger and Caudle coming in, the field behind Brandon is pretty crowded. I don't see why Shaeffer would be interested in us.

Maybe he should check in west Alabama--I understand there may be room behind Heisman candidate John Wesley Harding over there.

Archived